Playoff Bracket Projection 10/27

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

The Home Team Most Likely To Lose Week One *Choose more than one if you want to....

Poll ended at Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:18 pm

1 Byrnes
3%
2 Dutch Fork
No votes
3 Hillcrest
6%
4 Summerville
12%
5 Spring Valley
12%
6 Fort Dorchester
15%
7 Lexington
32%
8 Gaffney
15%
None of the home teams are even challenged
3%
None of the home teams lose, but some are close
3%

Total votes: 34

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Playoff Bracket Projection 10/27

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

This is version 23 of the bracket for this week.... I went back and forth with a few games,

WEEK TEN.................................WEEK ELEVEN
Boiling Springs -vs- Gaffney .......... Boiling Springs -vs- Mauldin,
Spartanburg -vs- Mauldin ............. Spartanburg -vs- Gaffney

These four games caused me to change my picks at least 15 times. I can't get a good feel for these games.

Some others, Dutch Fork finishes with Lexington and North Augusta and will finish from 1st to 3rd depending on how it goes with those two games. Lexington and White Knoll is now the key game to determine if Spartanburg is Division One or Division Two.

There are many other games with playoff implications, but some teams are already locked in to the playoffs, just not to the seed. Keeping in mind that there are many games to be played and even next weeks games will still be key in the seedings and for some region championships.... Region Five and Region Seven are the prime games (Stratford -vs- Goose Creek and Dutch Fork -vs- North Augusta)

Clicking on the image will make it larger...

DIVISION ONE
1 Byrnes
16 Rock Hill

8 Gaffney
9 Sumter
===============================
4 Summerville
13 White Knoll

5 Spring Valley
12 Mauldin
=================================================
2 Dutch Fork
15 Ashley Ridge

7 Lexington
10 Boiling Springs
================================
3 Hillcrest
14 Wando

6 Fort Dorchester
11 Dorman
D1.gif

DIVISION TWO
1 Goose Creek
16 West Florence

8 North Augusta
9 Nation Ford
============================
4 Stratford
13 Irmo

5 York
12 Beaufort
==========================================
2 Northwestern
15 Easley

7 Blythewood
10 Spartanburg
============================
3 South Florence
14 Laurens

6 Greenwood
11 South Pointe
d2.gif
[/size]

Do_It_Right!!!!!
No Team Affiliation

Re: Playoff Bracket Projection 10/27

Post by Do_It_Right!!!!! »

Blythewood and Greenwood...if Blythewood wins out...won't they finish with 36 pts and Greenwood would max at 35.5 pts...wouldn't Blythewood be seeded above Greenwood?

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Do_It_Right!!!!! wrote:Blythewood and Greenwood...if Blythewood wins out...won't they finish with 36 pts and Greenwood would max at 35.5 pts...wouldn't Blythewood be seeded above Greenwood?
I have you both at 35.5 but them getting the higher seed due to opponents wins.... for now. Should Westwood win the next two, it may change. You need them to beat Lower Richland to get to 35.5 as 5-5 is not considered a winning record. I will double check the numbers again and post an update tomorrow, probably at lunch time....

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

I've got Blythewood projected to finish with 36. Winning out, and getting a 1/2 point from Sumter and 1 point from Westwood, who I both think will get 6 wins.

If Sumter loses to either Conway (doubtful) or Wando, Blythewood won't get that 1/2 point.

Greenwood should win out and finish with 35.5.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

SF Band dad wrote:I've got Blythewood projected to finish with 36. Winning out, and getting a 1/2 point from Sumter and 1 point from Westwood, who I both think will get 6 wins.

If Sumter loses to either Conway (doubtful) or Wando, Blythewood won't get that 1/2 point.

Greenwood should win out and finish with 35.5.

I have Wando over Sumter, the reason for 35.5

Do_It_Right!!!!!
No Team Affiliation

Post by Do_It_Right!!!!! »

thanks, makes sense

We'll see where it all falls. The Bengals have a lot of work to do without worry what other teams can do to help them out.

Keep up the great work, and I really enjoy the projections each week.

movethesticks
No Team Affiliation

Post by movethesticks »

Thanks for the projections, R74.
Still a long ways to go, but it's always fun to look at potential pairings.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Now a Boiling Springs win over Gaffney AND Mauldin and they are looking like a #6 or maybe even #5 seed and I don't know that I would count that out yet....

Those Bulldogs could win out and take the #2 bid from Region II and end up at home against say...Mauldin, Gaffney or Dorman again!!!

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Question asked: Are the current brackets with Gaffney winning their last two?

Yes. (They are #2 Seed from Region 2) Because they are seeded before everyone else from Region 2.

Question asked: One more question,what would it take for Gaffney and Byrnes to be in different brackets?

(keep in mind that there are other things that could make it happen but this is one scenario that still involves Gaffney winning out, something that I assume a Gaffney fan would be in favor of)

By winning it's last 2 games, (#2 in Region 2) Gaffney can be a #7 seed (opposite side of the bracket from Byrnes)
"if" in Region 5, Dutch Fork beats Lexington, and North Augusta beats Dutch Fork
"and" Hillcrest, Spring Valley, Summerville, and Fort Dorchester keep up their winning ways the last two weeks of the season.
"and" Stratford not be brought into the D1 bracket.

Again, Rebel-Fan-74 can confirm if this is correct.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I was playing "WHAT IF" so I may have changed something and forgot, but I think the only change from the projection at the top of page, is Boiling Springs beating Gaffney this Friday... Click on bracket to see larger version
d1.gif
It gives you a little perspective on what I've said all along... one game can make a big difference in how the brackets shape out.