Clover vs York: SC's longest running rivalry since 1912

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Clover vs York: SC's longest running rivalry since 1912

Post by trojangrad78 »

This game should be a pretty evenly matched game. Probably an enjoyable game to watch.

"The year was 1912.

Woodrow Wilson beat incumbent William Howard Taft in the presidential election. Crossword puzzles had yet to be created. And New Mexico and Arizona were admitted as the 47th and 48th states in the Union.

It also was the year Clover and York Comprehensive high schools first met on a football field.

Now, 110 years later, that rivalry still stands between the two communities that stand less than 10 miles apart..........."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... r-AA11CZSz

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Clover vs York: SC's longest running rivalry since 1912

Post by DeCav »

KEvin, are you going to D3 tonight?

If not I'm gonna go watch the vikes in GA, if so I'll come watch the Trojans dismantle the Indians.

Sorry Gaffney fans. Hate to say it but I'd hope for a dismal season. It's the only thing that will get rid of that staff.

Hard to argue for getting rid of Jones if you're the reigning champs.

What say you TG78? It's been a minute.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

sparked_up
Northwestern Trojans

Post by sparked_up »

Gaffney comes to D3 next week.

Trojans take their show on the road tonight over to Nation Ford.

I am interested in what goes down at the reservation tonight with Mallard Creek in town.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

DeCav wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:02 am

If not I'm gonna go watch the vikes in GA, if so I'll come watch the Trojans dismantle the Indians.

Sorry Gaffney fans. Hate to say it but I'd hope for a dismal season. It's the only thing that will get rid of that staff.

The Indians will be at the Reservation tonight playing Mallard Creek.

Question for ya DeCav..

While you are quick to point out Gaffney’s coaching..How many titles has Dorman won since Donnie and Dan have been at the helm of the Tribe ?Because they have 2. .

in fact…what head coach not named Knotts has won a title in the last decade? Answer: Dan Jones and Chris Miller who’s on Gaffney’s staff now..

Change in personnel are afoot on the Reservation..we may just get it figured out like in 2012.. ;)

GreenDragon
No Team Affiliation

Post by GreenDragon »

Good old fashioned hate. :lol:

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

mikey wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:09 am
DeCav wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:02 am

The Indians will be at the Reservation tonight playing Mallard Creek.

Question for ya DeCav..

While you are quick to point out Gaffney’s coaching..How many titles has Dorman won since Donnie and Dan have been at the helm of the Tribe ?Because they have 2. .

in fact…what head coach not named Knotts has won a title in the last decade? Answer: Dan Jones and Chris Miller who’s on Gaffney’s staff now..

Change in personnel are afoot on the Reservation..we may just get it figured out like in 2012.. ;)
I’m not hating on the Gaffney fans or players.

I believe I was quite clear that your team’s success has kept the Gaffney coach’s jobs very safe. Not at all sure what Dorman has to do with this conversation. The last title we won was over a dozen years ago. What is your point?

Hey, if you like the way things are up in Gaffney, more power to you except you the boast that things are changing.

Well which is it? Do you want Jones to stay or not?

Sounds like you’re pretty content.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Spartanburgvikings95
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Spartanburgvikings95 »

Mikey what is the problem with DeCav? He never said anything about Dorman. Somehow you are making it personal and you talk about Jones and Miller. What has jones really done for the program since Strickland left? Jone’s is nothing but a yes man and is dragging Gaffney down. You lost two stud running backs from last year and now your “quarterback” who’s the leader according to Jones will lead Gaffney to the PROMISED LAND again. Well if that is the case ya’ll better start playing sandlot football again because with Jones, Miller, and Scott can’t get the job done.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

My point is ..Things are handled in Gaffney by Gaffney people..always has been that way and on the football field..well.got 18 in the case..imploring folks to sign petitions ,attend school board meeting ,pictures and a general infaction lately with our coaching by outsiders don’t go over well with in the tribe..

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I’ll confess to being the fool here. But I just don’t understand some people.

So sayeth the fool.