State championship games at Benedict?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Tigerific
Conway Tigers

State championship games at Benedict?

Post by Tigerific »

Is this for real? According to the SCHSL brackets it is. The 4A game is on Thursday night. Wow!

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Re: State championship games at Benedict?

Post by Onion Rings »

underwhelming for sure, not sure what the hsl was thinking. Bring it back to Willy B

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

What a waste. Used to be great to go near lunch and see three games in a day. Now, since they are in essence playing in a high school stadium, I guess it is one and done then clear the stadium. What a joke

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Blame the fee USC charges and the also add in the charges/requirements from the Fairground Associations (which is a separate organization).

The SCHSL has no control over any of that. They are simply making the best of the situation.

You can blame the process or be part of the process.

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

Fairgrounds gets their cash by charging for parking. USC gets the concessions

if you were the director of the hsl and had any clue at all, you would make a deal with USC that ran yearly. They want the event, the fans want it there as do the players/teams, so why not make it happen for the good of the state?

I guess those Texas schools are paying a pretty penny to have theirs at the Cowboys stadium. Give me a break. Just another example of a failure of leadership from the SCHL

WRHIRadio
WRHI Radio - OTS Sports Network AM:1340 FM:94.3

Post by WRHIRadio »

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Carolina Panthers facility opens in Rock Hill in 2023. They will have a 15,000 seat "state of the art" stadium. Team officials have said they want to host as many high school and small college games at the facility as possible. In talking with some of the higher ups, it seems Tepper is open to renting the facility out for cost. So my guess is the SCHSL would take a long hard look at that facility for state championships.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

WRHIRadio wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:02 am
It will be interesting to see what happens when the Carolina Panthers facility opens in Rock Hill in 2023. They will have a 15,000 seat "state of the art" stadium. Team officials have said they want to host as many high school and small college games at the facility as possible. In talking with some of the higher ups, it seems Tepper is open to renting the facility out for cost. So my guess is the SCHSL would take a long hard look at that facility for state championships.
The only issue is the location for the Lower State and their travel issues. While the idea is great, new facilities, etc. the Lower State teams will not like the travel issues....

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Do_It_Right!!!!!
No Team Affiliation

Post by Do_It_Right!!!!! »

WRHIRadio wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:02 am
I like it for upper state championship games and put the lower state championship games in Charleston. The state title games need to be in Columbia in order to be fair in regards to travel.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

All the Georgia championship games will be at Center Stadium in Atlanta. NICE.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Not as centrally located as Columbia but the SCSU stadium in Orangeburg seats 22,000. Twice the size of Benedict's.