SHCL possible proposal for fall sports

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
OLDFART51
Woodruff Wolverines

SHCL possible proposal for fall sports

Post by OLDFART51 »

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Re: SHCL possible proposal for fall sports

Post by Onion Rings »

wonder who is pushing for this

MrFootball68
Greenwood Eagles

Post by MrFootball68 »

Explain how this is fair and WHY is it a good idea? Romey and his croonies have really lost their minds!

Someone smarter than I make me understand how this is good for the kids.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

MrFootball68 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:30 pm
Explain how this is fair and WHY is it a good idea? Romey and his croonies have really lost their minds!

Someone smarter than I make me understand how this is good for the kids.
Start by explaining how this is not fair to anyone. Then explain why it is not a good idea. Then explain how it is not good for kids. Just like 45, saying something does not make it true. Especially when it just your opinion and absent of facts.

Under this proposal, every team would get an extra game if they did not qualify for the playoffs. What is not fair about that? A 16 team playoff format is a great idea. See last season, along with the Big 16 playoffs that started in 1979. As for the kids, any reduction to an uncontrolled environment would be a great idea.

As I see things, you are protesting just to protest and to see your personal opinions put down in black writing on a white background. Please proceed. Can't wait for your explanations.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Stupidity reigns at the SCHSL. It never fails to amaze me. Hard to believe that sane people get paid to come up with these positions. Even more shocking is that the member schools just stand idly by and tolerate it.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

I find it truly amazing that 99% of the posters on this website, criticize the SCHSL for the way that they choose to operate things. Yet, that same 99%, piss and moan whenever the SCHSL proposes something different. My take away from this, is that you 99%ers just want to piss and moan.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

MrFootball68
Greenwood Eagles

Post by MrFootball68 »

My take away there Penguin, is that the SCHSL is not looking out for the best interest of the student-athlete. They have on blinders and take the easy way out. The way I see it is that SP is a way for student athletes to get better and improve. I see that if they take that chance away, coupled with all of the other missed chances, then many will suffer irreparable damage. They may lose a scholarship or a chance to play. In my mind, that is unacceptable. So continue to "piss and moan" about the 99%ers- but the way I see it is that those 99% are looking out for children and their best interest and holding Romey and his cronies accountable. So as I see it- YOU are the issue. OK, here comes your rebuttal, "Well COVID blah, blah blah...............

They have allowed wrestling! basketball! Now baseball and softball! All of which are COVID cesspools. I would be willing to bet that not ONE child got covid PLAYING football.

Now- the other proposals- no issue. As a matter f fact, I applaud them but the loss of Spring Football is unacceptable and NOT in the best interest of high school athletes.

Now boy- take that weak stuff elsewhere

MrFootball68
Greenwood Eagles

Post by MrFootball68 »

So glad to see the Ex. Committee put Romey in his place!

Penguin- go piss and moan now.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Should be left up to districts.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

32 HS football teams making the playoffs per classification... is ridiculous. Should be the region winner and runner-up. In the age of the participation trophy, just let everyone make the playoffs and we would have a game like Stall vs Dutch Fork....100-0 final score. It's almost that bad with 32 making the playoffs. The 3 seasons prior to the Covid shortened season where there are 5 rounds of playoffs...DF has won its first round games 77-20, 54-0, 55-10...winning a playoff game by an average of 52 points is a waste of time.
Playoffs should be for contenders, not also rans. We should stay with region winner and runner-up making the playoffs.