And they say that Gaffney and Byrnes folks can't get along..

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

And they say that Gaffney and Byrnes folks can't get along..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I myself have some great memories from Byrnes -vs- Gaffney games:

At the old Reservation, across the street in the parking lot of what was a car stereo shop? Having a huge cookout before the game, down there with some of those now OLD FOLKS... Chief "O" and Chief of the Nation

First game at the New Reservation as the guest of a judge or magistrate, sitting in the reserved seats 50 yard line, three rows from the top. I never did get to thank him in person, just online.

First time Rebels went to new Reservation, ?Scalpie? (Kevin) was cooking shrimp at his tailgate, I love me some shrimp, I gave him a hard time, said he was cooking shrimp in honor of Byrnes #1.

I kept in touch with Chief O for years, even visited him during a couple of his hospital stays, still one of my fans when it comes to my home made beef jerkey. We have had some good get togethers in the past as well, at Mutts in Greer one time we had about 20 folks, many of whom were Rebels and Injuns, I think Whoa was there and I'm sure Chief O was. There was a UGA fan who loved his flipflops, name eludes me now as does many things.... it's that CRS that I suffer from now. CRS = Can't Remember Squat. mikey and I still keep in touch, the crazy bubblehead, all that time in the submarines is what got to him, not the Bud Light tree.

I miss some of those folks; some of whom may be here but with new names and I just don't know it is them.

I'd like to get them, well some of them, back on the boards.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--