Daniel vs Chester

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
stretch
Daniel Lions

Daniel vs Chester

Post by stretch »

After our second round win over Wren, we will be hosting Chester in our third round game. I’ve said it before but the stakes are high when Daniel and Chester play each other. It’ll be the third time in 4 years that we will get to host Chester in the playoffs. 2020 we played in the first round, 21 we played in the upperstate championship.

Chester has had to play two very good teams in the playoffs so far in Powdersville and Chapman, beating them both with great offensive performances. They’ve been good on offense this year putting up 40 or more in half of their games. Similarly to Wren they like to pound the rock and they have a very good RB who is almost at 2000 yards rushing on the season.

I’m hoping that we are about to flip a switch to go back to being a dominant team that we have the potential to be. These first two rounds I’m not happy with how we’ve performed and if we come out and play like we have been we won’t win. Offense hasn’t been clicking and the defense can’t get off the field on third down, our kicker can at least put the ball in the end zone on kickoffs so there’s a positive. It feels similar to our 2021 playoff run where the first two rounds were lackluster then we exploded in the third round. I don’t know if we can recapture that magic, but I hope we can.
Go Daniel Lions!!

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Re: Daniel vs Chester

Post by HoodRoad »

They're def battle tested and like usual DWD is not. It's not your fault your conference is terrible. It should be a good one but I think you'll find a way to pull away in the end. They were tied up with Pville with about 8 mins to go and we just couldn't stop them and threw a costly pic in or near the endzone. Pville was also using a platoon of the backup QB and WR (former backup QB) after the starter left with a knee injury. Chester is well coached but if you can rattle the QB he might make some mistakes. I'm sure he's matured but last year he didn't handle adversity well. They are disciplined and very well coached. Much respect for both of the HCs in this one.

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Post by WShornets69 »

3A football is for sure the most completive classification in the state and the upper state match ups so this week. Chester vs Daniel is going to be an amazing game. I think that the battle tested cyclones with give Daniel a game. Chester is always under looked. I think it comes down to the wire with Chester winning by a touchdown. Whoever win will have to see a powerhouse in the upper state championship with Clinton or BHP coming to town. Both of those teams are strong and physical with solid backers and defenses. Going to make the trip to BHP vs Clinton. Its for certain the best time of the year!

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Should be the best game of the week. Can never sleep on Chester. Go ask Chapman after Chester went to Inman and trucked them last Friday. They, like usual, are strong and physical and will jam the ball right down your throat if they can. QB is real good. Chester just always seems to fly under the radar because they don’t get any media. The upstate stations aren’t going to cover a team almost in Rock Hill. The midlands stations aren’t going to drive that far up 77. And the Charlotte stations don’t go below the Rock Hill city limits. So they sort of lay in the weeds every year, but are always dangerous.

GreenDragon
No Team Affiliation

Post by GreenDragon »

Chester Cyclone football is broadcast by WRBK 90.3 FM in Chester, which has translators in Whitmire 90.9, York 92.1 and Society Hill 91.1. It's signals cover a fairly large area . The normal format, Oldies(1950's to 80's) is good listening for old ears.

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

49-20 win for the Lions tonight and I was very impressed with this performance. They had a few hiccups here and there but overall it was great. We were able to shut down their RB for the most part, he still had some runs where he could get free. The run defense has to stay sharp especially with what is coming in next week. I thought the offense did much better, we got the run game going and we had great plays made by our receivers. Still I’m super happy we earned another week of football.
Go Daniel Lions!!

7timechamps
Daniel Lions

Post by 7timechamps »

Not enough people talking about Daniel v Chester. BHP is in trouble if DWD brings it like tnis again next week.
8 Time Champs Now! Go Lions!