Greenwood @ North Augusta

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Greenwood @ North Augusta

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

In my opinion North Augusta is the better team. They've already proved it earlier this year by beating Greenwood at home. Can Greenwood play well enough to at least make it a game? Hopefully
NA has a lot of speed and defense has gotten better since last year. Stopped Greenwood on multiple 4 and shorts in the game earlier this year.
We'll see what happens. If Greenwood wants to keep playing, they'll have to earn it for sure.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Greenwood @ North Augusta

Post by StateChampsGHS »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:32 am
In my opinion North Augusta is the better team. They've already proved it earlier this year by beating Greenwood at home. Can Greenwood play well enough to at least make it a game? Hopefully
NA has a lot of speed and defense has gotten better since last year. Stopped Greenwood on multiple 4 and shorts in the game earlier this year.
We'll see what happens. If Greenwood wants to keep playing, they'll have to earn it for sure.
On paper, North Augusta is the better team. If Greenwood can manage to stay balance offensively then they have a good chance to win. Also, the defense need to get off the field on third downs. If Greenwood really wants this game....I say Greenwood 35; North Augusta 24.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

WShornets69
Ware Shoals Hornets

Post by WShornets69 »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:32 am
I think greenwood has this one. A win in the first meeting and to me a harder schedule. I think greenwood pulls it out again. The region that North Augusta is in is a weak region. The only over .500 team they have played in the last 5 games is the valley which came down to the wire. I got the eagles by 1.

ShivaBlast
No Team Affiliation

Post by ShivaBlast »

Greenwood is a better team now than they were in Game 4. Their first run against NA was close, and I feel like they've gotten better since. Regardless, I love me some Greenwood, so I'll be cheering hard from afar. I would just hate catching Northwestern in the second round. :shock:

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

I don't know y'all. Greenwood couldn't stop North Augusta the 1st time. I don't know why y'all would expect it to happen now. Has Greenwood really gotten better since then? Hard to tell. They play a close game with Westside (who had key players hurt but whatever) and then the very next week get blown out by Greenville to the tune of a running clock. Greenwood has beaten AC Flora, Dorman, Easley, Pickens, and Berea. So I mean..... :?:

I really hope Greenwood can win. Would be great to return the favor to North Augusta and end their season. Maybe the Greenwood defense can morph into power rangers and finally stop someone.

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

I think the humiliating beat down Greenwood took at the hands of Greenville probably destroyed whatever confidence Greenwood had of beating a decent team. I’ll take NA in this one

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

Good luck Greenwood. GO GET'EM EAGLES!

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Wow, Greenwood with the win 17-16. Congrats to the players and coaches. Feels good to be wrong about this for sure. Glad Greenwood could get a playoff win.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

Congrats to the Eagles

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Greenwood is still Greenwood