The game..Rebels/Indians

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
mikey
Gaffney Indians

The game..Rebels/Indians

Post by mikey »

So who ya got and why..

I taking the Indians by 7…14 if they can get the stupid penalties under control…

Defensively I think Gaffney’s line play will be to much for the Rebs to handle..

Offensively …depends on the penalties..too much speed with 5 an 2..but then again we have been our own worst enemy..and with the trash talk that’s going to be going on..Gaffney will be Gaffney..

You want find a better Atmosphere…the is kind of game that makes HS football great..hope the HSL sends their best crew( please don’t send Chris Miller’s friend :lol: :lol:)

PS Brynes…bring the sledge hammers again..do it.. :lol:

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: The game..Rebels/Indians

Post by DFOLDMAN »

mikey wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:12 am
So who ya got and why..

I taking the Indians by 7…14 if they can get the stupid penalties under control…

Defensively I think Gaffney’s line play will be to much for the Rebs to handle..

Offensively …depends on the penalties..too much speed with 5 an 2..but then again we have been our own worst enemy..and with the trash talk that’s going to be going on..Gaffney will be Gaffney..

You want find a better Atmosphere…the is kind of game that makes HS football great..hope the HSL sends their best crew( please don’t send Chris Miller’s friend :lol: :lol:)

The Injuns, Colby...The Injuns...

HAHA.

Fear The Fox...

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

mikey wrote:
So who ya got and why..

Feel like this could be true , But for Byrnes

This will be a very tall task for our OL ..I agree with you 100% , but Byrnes has a DL and LBs that I think will be a problem for your offense as well!

Byrnes has a verrrrrrrrrry fast defense! And we got 2 of the best cover guys in the stat :lol: e than can match up with any WR.

100% agree, nothing like the Byrnes vs Gaffney with bigtime implications

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

mikey wrote:
So who ya got and why..

This game will come down to QB play and protecting the ball. Whichever team gets a solid game from their QB and doesn’t turn it over, will come out on top. Will be interesting to see who plays QB for Byrnes. I know who my choice is.

viking84
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by viking84 »

mikey wrote:
So who ya got and why..

Haaa!!He will there 🤣🤣🤣

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

Give me the Rebels by 3, I think it will be a 24-21 type of game.

Everyone talking about QB play from the Rebels, but I think it comes down to the running game, when Byrnes has been their best this season the running game has been top notch.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

For the Rebels, it comes down to protection for the QB and can he contain himself and make good throws. If he is relaxed and focused in the pocket and makes the throws it opens up the running game and we can be open and not one dimensional and it could be a game.

If we are one dimensional and it goes either way, it could be a long night for the Rebels.

I've been showing the Injuns as the #1 seed in my projections for two reasons:

#2 - We have not been consistent on offense! The defense has carried us too often in Region Play. Two pick six interceptions against the Cavs almost proved to be too costly, but the "D" held Dorman until they started playing soft prevent defense which was way too soft and almost didn't prevent at all.

#1 - It is at Gaffney and while I doubt we will see Chris Miller's friend, I'm sure we will see Zebras that know where they are and understand how it works at Gaffney. :lol: :D :lol: Seriously, everyone knows playing at Gaffney is one of the best homefield advantages in the Upper State. Tremendous fan support, loud and can get the players jacked up and your players lose focus if they are not careful. Tradition, excitement, a Region Title on the line, but let's be honest....

THIS IS LIKE:
OHIO STATE -vs- MICHIGAN,
CLEMSON -vs- SOUTH CAROLINA,
DUKE -vs- NORTH CAROLINA,
AUBURN -vs- ALABAMA,
and games like that don't need anything extra to make it a big game. Just knowing you are lining up against Gaffney as a Rebel or for the Injuns seeing Byrnes on that jersey.... that is all you need!

Gaffney ..24
Byrnes ...14

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:24 pm
For the Rebels, it comes down to protection for the QB and can he contain himself and make good throws. If he is relaxed and focused in the pocket and makes the throws it opens up the running game and we can be open and not one dimensional and it could be a game.

If we are one dimensional and it goes either way, it could be a long night for the Rebels.

I've been showing the Injuns as the #1 seed in my projections for two reasons:

#2 - We have not been consistent on offense! The defense has carried us too often in Region Play. Two pick six interceptions against the Cavs almost proved to be too costly, but the "D" held Dorman until they started playing soft prevent defense which was way too soft and almost didn't prevent at all.

#1 - It is at Gaffney and while I doubt we will see Chris Miller's friend, I'm sure we will see Zebras that know where they are and understand how it works at Gaffney. :lol: :D :lol: Seriously, everyone knows playing at Gaffney is one of the best homefield advantages in the Upper State. Tremendous fan support, loud and can get the players jacked up and your players lose focus if they are not careful. Tradition, excitement, a Region Title on the line, but let's be honest....

THIS IS LIKE:
OHIO STATE -vs- MICHIGAN,
CLEMSON -vs- SOUTH CAROLINA,
DUKE -vs- NORTH CAROLINA,
AUBURN -vs- ALABAMA,
and games like that don't need anything extra to make it a big game. Just knowing you are lining up against Gaffney as a Rebel or for the Injuns seeing Byrnes on that jersey.... that is all you need!

Gaffney ..24
Byrnes ...14

them zebra’s must have forgot where they at when we played BS and NW…against NW it wouldn’t have mattered ,but against BS I think we had over 150 yards of penalties against us.. :oops:

Heard the Rebels had posters of Gaffney players hanging up at their practice..that might be a rumor,but if it ain’t, they better look hard at 44 and 93.. :lol:

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

mikey wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:42 pm
them zebra’s must have forgot where they at when we played BS and NW…against NW it wouldn’t have mattered ,but against BS I think we had over 150 yards of penalties against us.. :oops:
150 yards? That's a quarter for us at Gaffney sometimes... :o

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Noble Savage
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by Noble Savage »

I think Gaffneys offensive line is better.
I think that's the difference.
I'd like to see Byrnes win, I picked them.

But Gaffney by 10
My father was Black, my mother was Decker
Believe me my friend, it doesn't get any better
Than rack and pinion reasoning, add a little seasoning
Cook at ninety-eight point six degrees!!