Hartsville vs. Dillon

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Hartsville vs. Dillon

Post by PeeDeeFootballFan »

This game may not be even close. Curious what others think. Dillon can’t throw the ball. Without getting onto HS kids, anyone who has seen Dillon play knows there is no passing game except behind the line of scrimmage and letting the athletes make plays. Lots of hype about a QB based on camps, but the performance on the field doesn’t support the hype despite what the HS sports media reports. The fact that Dillon is so one dimensional is concerning for them in this game and going forward in the playoffs. Everyone knows the wildcat offense is coming at some point and then it doesn’t become too hard to stop. Dillon has the guys on the outside, but no way to get them the ball right now. If you’ve watched Hartsville play this year they are dynamic and can score a lot of points. Great backs and their Qb can run and throw. Dillons O line will be bigger and stronger but Hartsvilles lines may be meaner. The nasty cat defense is still there with speed and is going to hit, but not sure the Dillon offense can keep up with Hartsville without the Dillon running back from last year. This one could be eye opening for the lower state in 3A if Dillon can’t open up the offense and show different ways to score to go with their stout defense. Dillon is a tough place to play but that is because they have had tough players. If that doesn’t happen Friday this could be a replay of Hartsville vs. Camden last week.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Hartsville vs. Dillon

Post by SF Band dad »

Welcome to the board.

I don't really know much about Dillon, but I do know Hartsville. The fact this game is being played in Dillon gives me pause, but I'm going with the Red Foxes.

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

This one may get ugly. Dillon is Dillon because of the tough players. If the QB is the team leader they don’t have that tough Dillon attitude that dudes from Dillon bring naturally. Can’t rely on the past forever if they aren’t going to bring the physical play. What will be alarming for Dillons chances in the playoffs after last year isn’t if they lose Friday but if they get out physicalled inside those white walls like they did against Beaufort last year. Kids can have all the offers in the world but if you can’t play it shows when the pads go on.

Wildcat #1 fan
Dillon Wildcats

Post by Wildcat #1 fan »

:lol: :lol:

Wildcat #1 fan
Dillon Wildcats

Post by Wildcat #1 fan »

No disrespect to Hartsville, but yall gotta stop acting like they are second coming of img. They beat Darlington 1-2, Conway 0-3 and a clearly overrated Camden 2-1 who's beaten lugoff Elgin and a down myrtle beach team. Let's pump the brakes a lil bit on Hartsville before we crown them the next big thing. You had some good points about the qb, but you can't question our physical and toughness. It definitely won't be a blowout either way.

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

I don’t think anyone is saying Hartsville is the next IMG. I don’t think Hartsville or Dillon would want to be the next IMG anyways. IMG is a school that isn’t about the community and doesn’t reflect a town or local area. Both of these teams are local and typically reflect their communities which is what makes them great. The game will probably not be close because Dillon is one dimensional and hasn’t displayed their typical toughness which is usually at a different level. All that most hear about is their QB who has lots of offers apparently. If he is their leader,and they reflect that?then they are soft because he isn’t doing the job on the field. There is no passing game at all and the “dual threat” thing is a joke too. Power 5 QBs dominate at the 3A HS level. Based on their offensive performance so far, if Dillon doesn’t want to get blown out they should go direct snap to #3 or put #14 at QB regardless of offers and play the best football players. Otherwise this is a blowout because the nasty cat defense can only do so much. If they don’t have three turnovers inside the 15 last week they don’t beat Wilson who isn’t a good football team. It’s a fact and you can’t live on a reputation without living up to it.

I think Hartsville wins this game even between the white walls. Not because they are the next IMG but because Dillon is one dimensional and easy to defend right now. They have the athletes, but no way to get them the ball in space where they are very dangerous. Between the white walls is a tough place to play because it has been filled with tough kids who are intimidating to go against. When you lose that toughness, it isn’t so hard to go in there and win. You don’t have to play the past teams full of dudes from Dillon who grew up tough and established a legacy that is scary. You just have to play the current guys on the team and if they don’t show that toughness immediately on play one, some of that lore goes away. Wilson felt that at 7-7 at half before Dillon got 2 more turnovers inside the ten yard line and a long TD run from the backup QB. College offers based on SCISA film against 6th graders and camps don’t translate to winning play for a physically tough team like Dillon. That’s the problem and if they stick to trying to score as a one dimensional offense without an actual runner at QB like #14 or direct snap to #2 or #3 this will be ugly. If they are going to be a running team with a running threat at QB then it actually has to be a threat and a physical tough threat at QB. Otherwise have to have a threat to put the ball down field accurately and that doesn’t exist right now. All the articles and camp reports in the world don’t equal touchdowns when the pads go on and DBs ain’t afraid and love to play against a kid they ain’t afraid of with “offers” from power 5 schools.

Dillon came back and beat Hartsville last year because of an elite and mean offensive line and a very talented RB who somehow is now at a DIII school. Players know who can play and for the first time in a long time Dillon doesn’t have a QB who can either run or pass it to scare defenses. They don’t have that RB this year and they don’t have the Dillon type mean guys on the line outside of their left tackle. That’s why this one may get ugly and the white walls aren’t so scary when it goes quiet in there. Ask Beaufort about the second half last year against a much more talented Dillon team, and Beaufort did it with a similar attack to Hartsville. Dillon needs to find a way to produce on offense to keep up or it will be lop sided.
Last edited by PeeDeeFootballFan on Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wildcat #1 fan
Dillon Wildcats

Post by Wildcat #1 fan »

Bro I hear ya. You are definitely lost if you think the qb is our leader. Then you say we are not physical on the line????? Have you seen 74 and 77 get 5 to 10 pancakes a game.. as far as the Rbs. Our rb is the truth, he didn't play against wilson. You better look up jamarion fling and his backup is averaging 100 a game. Yea your information is way off. But win or lose , this game will not make or break our season. You keep talking about Beaufort and last year. How's Beaufort looking this year 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔. Talk to me in December when we hold up the 3a trophy

raiders0629
Hartsville Red Foxes

Post by raiders0629 »

I respect everyone's views on this game.Im from Hartsville i can say honestly it doesn't matter how Dillon has played so far.its Wildcats vs Red Foxes inside the white walls so I'm nervous as heck.Looking for a tough close game either way.

Wildcat #1 fan
Dillon Wildcats

Post by Wildcat #1 fan »

I agree raider, it could go either way. I don't expect a blowout no matter who wins. If Hartsville beats us by 1 or 30. I will congratulate them and move on to socastee next week. Safe travels to all fans that's coming

raiders0629
Hartsville Red Foxes

Post by raiders0629 »

I'll definitely be there ,one of my best friends is from Dillon he clowned me pretty good last year 😂.