Hartsville vs. Dillon

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Re: Hartsville vs. Dillon

Post by PeeDeeFootballFan »

Sounds like from some people in the know that Dillon is down to its 3rd string RB and that some WRs will be running the ball tonight. This game may have just lost a little of its shine considering that running the ball is the only way Dillon is scoring any points. May have to redo some of the lines for how close this game could be. The Nasty Cats defense may be able to keep this one close by shutting down that Hartsville offense, but doubtful Dillon can generate much offense if they become dependant on the downfield passing game with the current QB and having to take receivers into the backfield to run the ball.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Hartsville by a touchdown….37-30

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

That score would be a “win” for Dillon.

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Nevermind. Hartsvilles defense is terrible. They are trash and it isn’t because Dillon is good. They can’t tackle and are fat and slow.

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Hartsville isn’t a good football team. They won’t win more than one playoff game. They couldn’t tackle my sister. Worse than that is their coaching going for it on 4th and 14 instead of putting Dillon deep in their territory. If Hartsville is the #2 team in the state at 4A then SC football isn’t very good. They are a bad football team and very poorly coached.

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Dillon may run it through Hartsville like the fat Swiss cheese that is the Hartsville linemen. Their defensive line is trash, their linebackers are timid, and their DBs couldn’t cover a middle school team. I can’t believe this is the second ranked team in 4A. Camden must be really bad. I was wrong, only team that can challenge Dillon in the lower state is Crestwood because they can score with them. I would legit fire my coaches at Hartsville after this one. They are just not a good team and have all the wrong dudes in the wrong positions. They should practice tackling with the middle school program all next week. This is an embarrassing level of football to watch from a team that got a lot of hype. Their QB is softer than Dillons too and whoever is pumping him up for offers has no idea about college football. Was looking forward to a great game. I’m not sure Hartsville could beat Wilson if the Wilson kids didn’t believe it was over before the game because of the hype. This is sad football and the upper state is gonna crush is at 3A. Our only hope at 4A is South Florence.

tluther01
No Team Affiliation

Post by tluther01 »

PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:50 pm
Dillon may run it through Hartsville like the fat Swiss cheese that is the Hartsville linemen. Their defensive line is trash, their linebackers are timid, and their DBs couldn’t cover a middle school team. I can’t believe this is the second ranked team in 4A. Camden must be really bad. I was wrong, only team that can challenge Dillon in the lower state is Crestwood because they can score with them. I would legit fire my coaches at Hartsville after this one. They are just not a good team and have all the wrong dudes in the wrong positions. They should practice tackling with the middle school program all next week. This is an embarrassing level of football to watch from a team that got a lot of hype. Their QB is softer than Dillons too and whoever is pumping him up for offers has no idea about college football. Was looking forward to a great game. I’m not sure Hartsville could beat Wilson if the Wilson kids didn’t believe it was over before the game because of the hype. This is sad football and the upper state is gonna crush is at 3A. Our only hope at 4A is South Florence.
hartsville has outscored them 31-6 in the 2nd half

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

Both teams were really bad honestly. It wasn’t good football at all. If either team represents the lower state in the state championship then the upper state is going to have a cake walk if they have ever even practiced tackling anyone or have coaching staffs capable of making a single adjustment. At one point both teams ran the same zone read play about 15 times in a row and neither team was capable of stopping the other. Either team can tackle or play fundamental assignment football. It’s just a track race. Zero adjustments, same plays over and over and just try to win by having better athletes I guess. Lots of work to be done for both. Crestwood against Dillon may be 70-69 in the playoffs to represent the lower state.

tluther01
No Team Affiliation

Post by tluther01 »

PeeDeeFootballFan wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:47 pm
Both teams were really bad honestly. It wasn’t good football at all. If either team represents the lower state in the state championship then the upper state is going to have a cake walk if they have ever even practiced tackling anyone or have coaching staffs capable of making a single adjustment. At one point both teams ran the same zone read play about 15 times in a row and neither team was capable of stopping the other. Either team can tackle or play fundamental assignment football. It’s just a track race. Zero adjustments, same plays over and over and just try to win by having better athletes I guess. Lots of work to be done for both. Crestwood against Dillon may be 70-69 in the playoffs to represent the lower state.
zero adjustments? hartsville outscored them 37-6 in the second half.

PeeDeeFootballFan
Crestwood Knights

That wasn’t because of adjustments on either side. It was simply a track meet with really no coaching affecting the game besides the obvious call for the onside kick after scoring. Apparently it wasn’t obvious to Dillon though. Besides that it was a few bad snaps on punts that led to points and then both teams running the exact same play over and over again because neither team was capable of making a simple tackle. It wasn’t good football. Crestwood is the favorite in the lower state 3A now. If Hartsville is the second ranked team in 4A then the state of football in SC isn’t good. South Florence struggled tonight too so maybe those two teams will have a shootout but tonight was not good fundamental football and not good coaching. That’s just the truth. Everyone wants to hear the truth until they don’t like what they hear. Dillon shouldn’t be ranked number one after tonight in 3A. Crestwood absolutely should. They beat Sumter tonight. Look at the results with Camden losing big to Grey tonight. The Camden win by Hartsville doesn’t look so impressive now. Face it, neither of the teams tonight were very good football teams.