Abbeville 35 Oceanside 20 - Final

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Re: Abbeville 35 Oceanside 20 - Final

Post by bigdog2003 »

bringthewood wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:42 pm
bigdog2003 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:14 am
bringthewood wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:32 am
Congratulations to Abbeville. My boy Coach Nick has once again shown why he is one of the all time greats in the great state of SC.

Can someone tell me exactly how Oceanside has cheated? Have they violated some statute of the SCSHL constitution? Did they use an ineligible player?

Have they formed a school that the SCDE and General Assembly proscribes as a school?

If so where are the challenges? Where are the lawsuits? Where are the protests?
Here is how Oceanside, Gray, Christ Church, and the rest of them cheat. True public high schools are bound by only allowing students zoned for their area to be eligible for athletics. The schsl even has it in their constitution. But these other schools can take whoever they want. They spin it that they are doing what's best for kids, but it's funny these kids are always great athletes. They aren't taking in anybody that isn't going to help them in the long run.

Not only that, they can manipulate the number of students they have on their campus to control their numbers. True public schools have to take ANY student that is zoned for them and wants to enroll. Each of these students then counts towards their enrollment size.

Read the bylaws on the schsl site and tell me if they are making every school follow the same rules.
Does any HS in G'ville county apply?
Last time I checked, a kid has to live in Greenville county to attend a public school there. They have choice, but still have boundary. These charter and private schools do not.

1fan
Emerald Vikings

Post by 1fan »

Congrats to the panthers.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

bigdog2003 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:14 pm
bringthewood wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:
Congratulations to Abbeville. My boy Coach Nick has once again shown why he is one of the all time greats in the great state of SC.

Can someone tell me exactly how Oceanside has cheated? Have they violated some statute of the SCSHL constitution? Did they use an ineligible player?

Have they formed a school that the SCDE and General Assembly proscribes as a school?

Here is how Oceanside, Gray, Christ Church, and the rest of them cheat. True public high schools are bound by only allowing students zoned for their area to be eligible for athletics. The schsl even has it in their constitution. But these other schools can take whoever they want. They spin it that they are doing what's best for kids, but it's funny these kids are always great athletes. They aren't taking in anybody that isn't going to help them in the long run.

Not only that, they can manipulate the number of students they have on their campus to control their numbers. True public schools have to take ANY student that is zoned for them and wants to enroll. Each of these students then counts towards their enrollment size.

Read the bylaws on the schsl site and tell me if they are making every school follow the same rules.
Last time I checked, a kid has to live in Greenville county to attend a public school there. They have choice, but still have boundary. These charter and private schools do not.
G'ville county is an open attendance zone

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

bringthewood wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:20 pm
bigdog2003 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:

And like I said, that's a boundary.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

bigdog2003 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:

The charters have a zone. Also if a kid transfers from Ridge View to Dutch Fork without a bonafide move, he can play JV for a year and then be able to participate on the varsity...... this is true of any district/attendance zone.... he never has to move, just pay the 'JV penalty".

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

bigdog2003 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:22 pm
bringthewood wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:20 pm
bigdog2003 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:
bringthewood wrote:

And like I said, that's a boundary.
But a kid zoned for Traveler's Rest can go go Hillcrest

Indian14
No Team Affiliation

Post by Indian14 »

By GC rule, they can only do it when moving from 8th to 9th grade. Doesn’t stop Hillcrest and Greenville from poaching talent from the other programs. Sad situation. No one in the DO will do anything.

Atown97
Abbeville Panthers

Post by Atown97 »

🗣Abbeville 🗣Panthers
🗣Abbeville 🗣Panthers
🗣Abbeville 🗣Panthers
🗣Abbeville 🗣Panthers
🗣Abbeville 🗣Panthers

That's all Oceanside players and fans heard in their dreams Friday night. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Their Coach was So Cocky as I mentioned earlier in the week in press conference. He thought he had it in the bag. His post game he mentioned we was confident then admitted a little too confident 🤣. He never seen a stable of players that was so unselfish. Everyone gets the ball. If anyone know anything about Abbeville Football we are never the biggest team but our Heart will never be in question.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Indian14 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:29 pm
By GC rule, they can only do it when moving from 8th to 9th grade. Doesn’t stop Hillcrest and Greenville from poaching talent from the other programs. Sad situation. No one in the DO will do anything.
Again, if that is what is allowed, how is it cheating?

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

As far as Greenville County's open enrollment, there are a couple schools that really pursue that avenue. Greenville of course is one. I've heard Hillcrest, but maybe that is just a carry over from Porters time at Hillcrest. And I dont blame him a bit. Then there always seems to be the players at WH, Eastside, and Riverside, who aren't valued enough to go to Greenville but seem to drift to whichever is the best program at the time between the three. But overall it doesn't matter. Greenville County has some large high schools these days and could, should, have some better programs than just a couple. But the football support from the district level is pathetic. It is almost like they view football as just another extra activity that just needs to be tolerated to get through the season.