Abbeville 35 Oceanside 20 - Final

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: This is an absolute disgrace

Post by greenjewel »

Damefan wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:01 pm
I have been following this thread and can’t understand what are you complaining about? You’re winning by 3 touchdowns. You act like your playing David vs Goliath. Oceanside is not even close to a top 50 team in the county. Abbeville posters have said for years you could take on anyone so winning with less is an expectation. Take on Dutch Fork or another AAAAA powerhouse. Suck it up and enjoy the victory and act like you have been there. That is the sign of a true champion, not a whiner.
it's called values..........apparently something you don't get...............i started this thread when it was 0-0............and trust me, i have been here before............abbeville is the standard bearer for a champion in south carolina and they do it the right way..............from park and rec on up...............to money up a team to dominate the class is a damn disgrace..........if you can't see that ten that is on you...............

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: Abbeville vs Oceanside Collegiate

Post by greenjewel »

*Topcat* wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:17 pm
There are those that say nobody in 2A can hang with OC. I say don't under estimate the Atown crew, we have taken down some high profile teams before. There was that private school powerhouse from the Asheville area a couple of years ago. We took a good 4A Hartsville team down. We put 44 up on Powdersville this year in a close loss. We're not going just to be there. Have no predictions, I know they have been dominate, but we will show up to play ball.
and ALL the congregation said AMEN !!!!............BIG TIME CONGRATS !!!!!!!.........what pride those kids had.............

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Damefan wrote:
I have been following this thread and can’t understand what are you complaining about? You’re winning by 3 touchdowns. You act like your playing David vs Goliath. Oceanside is not even close to a top 50 team in the county. Abbeville posters have said for years you could take on anyone so winning with less is an expectation. Take on Dutch Fork or another AAAAA powerhouse. Suck it up and enjoy the victory and act like you have been there. That is the sign of a true champion, not a whiner.
It is not about winning or losing. It is about fair and level competition. It is about a school in Abbeville, SC that abides by County and State regulations with regards to attendance zones and eligibility requirements, forced to compete for a state championship against a school with virtually the same enrollment numbers, except that there are no attendance zones or eligibility requirements. It is about one school have an entire student body used to classify them, against a school that only need count professional (yes, I said professional because most are paid to attend and perform) athletes for classification. There may be a few non-athletes, but not enough to alter my point.

These "athletic only" schools should not be allowed to participate in any extra-curricular activities that involves normal, state compliance, schools. Nor should any paid athletes be allowed to compete at an amateur level against school children. I will climb down from my soap box, but I am adamant in my opinions about this completely ridiculous abuse by these money-grubbing "schools".
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: Abbeville 35 Oceanside 20 - Final

Post by Penguin »

Karma is a very cruel thing. Oceanside is introduced to it up close and personal!
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Damefan wrote:
Agree I mean them kids at wando tired of wandos shenanigans they will go somewhere to play.
It's not like they are picking from all over thr country.

Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Colbyc36 »

Penguin wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:48 pm
Eff Oceanside AND their fans! They should have to play the likes of IMG, St. John Bosco, Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman, Don Bosco Prep, and other CHEATER schools who only exist for athletic prowess. See what kind of record that they would have playing apples against apples.
I don't agree with you much Penguin, but when I do...it's Natural Light.
Throw in STA and Hoover.
"We opened the door to everyone. Its over."
-Tom Knotts

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

Penguin wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:50 pm
Damefan wrote:
It is not about winning or losing. It is about fair and level competition. It is about a school in Abbeville, SC that abides by County and State regulations with regards to attendance zones and eligibility requirements, forced to compete for a state championship against a school with virtually the same enrollment numbers, except that there are no attendance zones or eligibility requirements. It is about one school have an entire student body used to classify them, against a school that only need count professional (yes, I said professional because most are paid to attend and perform) athletes for classification. There may be a few non-athletes, but not enough to alter my point.

These "athletic only" schools should not be allowed to participate in any extra-curricular activities that involves normal, state compliance, schools. Nor should any paid athletes be allowed to compete at an amateur level against school children. I will climb down from my soap box, but I am adamant in my opinions about this completely ridiculous abuse by these money-grubbing "schools".
100% agree

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

Good job Panthers! Beat those cheaters.

Ken Cribb from Johnsonville said it best tonight after the 1A game. "If this was happening at the 4a or 5a level, they would burn the state down." Johnsonville is the real 1a champs.

Nobody seems to care because it's happening at the 1a and 2a levels.

Atown97
Abbeville Panthers

Post by Atown97 »

bigdog2003 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:25 pm
Good job Panthers! Beat those cheaters.

Ken Cribb from Johnsonville said it best tonight after the 1A game. "If this was happening at the 4a or 5a level, they would burn the state down." Johnsonville is the real 1a champs.

Nobody seems to care because it's happening at the 1a and 2a levels.
Man Listen if anyone watch this game today. Home Grown speed against Oceanside size. Pick whomever you want to. But let's be serious a pick and choose team against whomever you got in school. Guts and Heart can't be put on paper. Da Ville showed up and smacked hats today. Hey Oceanside look at the score are we better than South Florence 👀We are the Freaking Abbeville Panthers Forever And Don't You Forget Suckas...To Be The man you gotta beat the Man...Guess who is the man ABBEVILLE is the man...whoo whoo whoo in Ric Flair voice Whoo

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Congratulations to Abbeville. My boy Coach Nick has once again shown why he is one of the all time greats in the great state of SC.

Can someone tell me exactly how Oceanside has cheated? Have they violated some statute of the SCSHL constitution? Did they use an ineligible player?

Have they formed a school that the SCDE and General Assembly proscribes as a school?

If so where are the challenges? Where are the lawsuits? Where are the protests?