Abbeville 35 Oceanside 20 - Final

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Atown97
Abbeville Panthers

Re: Abbeville vs Oceanside Collegiate

Post by Atown97 »

From What I see on Oceanside they are Huge upfront. Well Abbeville hasn't ever been the biggest team ever this season. But I can promise you we will have the speed advantage. The Horses have been in the stable and been ready to get turned loose this Friday. Panthers are primed for this upset come Friday. Let's Go Panthers play hard

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Go Panthers! Beat those cheaters.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Statelinepanther
Abbeville Panthers

Post by Statelinepanther »

Its an absolute sham these private recruiting schools play in the public high school playoffs. South Carolina is the only State around I know of that does this to the public schools.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

Tell me if i am wrong.........didn't they make Christ Church move up to 2-A because of open enrollment and now they are back in 1-A? What did i miss???

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

Statelinepanther wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:31 pm
Its an absolute sham these private recruiting schools play in the public high school playoffs. South Carolina is the only State around I know of that does this to the public schools.
Georgia separated Class A public schools from private schools in 2012. All the others still play against each other. Tennessee only separated the schools that provide financial need from public schools back in 2019. Other states offer different formats such as the parochial schools having their own leagues. Large states like California offer an open class which allows the mighty powerhouses such as Mater Dei, John Bosco, De La Salle, to play schools 3X their size for their version of a State Championship.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

greenjewel wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:54 am
Tell me if i am wrong.........didn't they make Christ Church move up to 2-A because of open enrollment and now they are back in 1-A? What did i miss???
I am pretty sure that was strictly an enrollment numbers situation.

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

*Topcat* wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:07 am
greenjewel wrote:
Maybe they paid Jerome more money to move back to 1A after Newberry knocked their recruits out of the playoffs last year.

justaname
No Team Affiliation

Post by justaname »

*Topcat* wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:07 am
greenjewel wrote:
correct! they increased enrollment

longest winning strea in SC history...yeah ...ok

raiders0629
Hartsville Red Foxes

Post by raiders0629 »

Topcat I saw 2 of the wins Abbeville had over my Foxes.Those teams would have beaten most teams in the state on any level.Good Luck

BBurg_Wildcat 22
Blacksburg Wildcats

Post by BBurg_Wildcat 22 »

Good luck to the Panthers, Blacksburg is pulling for ya'll. Class program.