Westside @ Northwestern - Round 3

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Westside @ Northwestern - Round 3

Post by trojangrad78 »

Westside’s offense cannot simulate/recreate Northwestern's offense so Westside’s defense cannot practice against what they will see in the game. I don't think Westside’s defense has seen an offense with the explosive passing game Northwestern puts on the field. Northwestern's passing gets the headlines, but their offense is actually pretty balanced and they certainly possess a running game.

Northwestern's young defense has been getting better every week, especially their rushing defense. It may take a few possessions to see Westside’s offense, but I don’t see Westside’s offense being able to do too much against Northwestern’s defense. If Westside’s offense becomes predictable or one dimensional, it’s gonna be a tough row to hoe.

On offense, Westside will need to successfully sustain long drives and on defense, limit Northwestern's possessions to have the greatest chance of an upset. I don't see Westside being able to do either consistently.

Northwestern needs to avoid penalties and mistakes early.

If Northwestern can quickly put two touchdowns on the board, it will probably be a long night for Westside .

stretch
Daniel Lions

Re: Westside @ Northwestern - Round 3

Post by stretch »

Westside has had a surprisingly good year with their new QB and I could see them still being able to put up points. But like you said, they won't be able to give the defense any looks that will prepare the for what Coach Wofford will bring to the table Friday. I played for him so I'll be a NW fan for as long as he's there.
Go Daniel Lions!!

sparked_up
Northwestern Trojans

Re: Westside @ Northwestern - Round 3

Post by sparked_up »

One of the fun things this time of year when you play someone you have never played is comparing common opponents. It’s not a precise science, but nothing we do here qualifies anyway.

Westside and Northwestern have both played a Greenwood and Indian Land.
Westside +10 over Greenwood and + 3 seconds over Indian Land. The +10 was a contested game into late 4th quarter and the Indian Land game was a see saw affair.

Northwestern: 54-7 over Indian Land. 50-0 over Greenwood.

The greatest obstacle Westside has other than the offense and defense of Northwestern is that all their primary skill players play both ways. Get ready for a track meet. It will feel like Northwestern is snapping the ball event 10 seconds and will gas Westside.

The best comparison might be Greenville for Westside. May be competitive early, but hang on in the second half. Northwesterns starters should atleaat the atrojan starts should get some reps in the second half this week.