Gaffney @ Northwestern.........Comments??

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Gaffney @ Northwestern.........Comments??

Post by trojangrad78 »

Gaffney seems to have Northwestern figured out........based on the last few years.

Or.......did Northwestern simply kill themselves in the second half last year and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory??

Which Gaffney team will show up? The terrible early season Indians or the awesome late season Indians?

Northwestern's offense is strong, and their defense is very young and athletic, but is a work-in-progress gaining experience.

Will Northwestern show up with a chip on their shoulder from last year's loss?

For those that like to play the comparison game:
South Pointe beat Gaffney and Mallard Creek
Gaffney lost to Mallard Creek
Northwestern beat Clover
Clover beat York
York put up 70 on Union
Gaffney and Union played 1 quarter at 7-7

Personally, I really don't know what to expect, but I know, unless providentially hindered, I plan on being there to see the game 8-)

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: Gaffney @ Northwestern.........Comments??

Post by Ddub14 »

Gut says Northwestern but it’s still to early to tell how everything is going to shake out . That SP /Gaffney game had everyone thinking that SP was going to roll all year , and they may still yet. But was it a case of SP being good or Gaffney being down. Since then both have struggled . Sp didn’t have a very convincing win last night against a Chester team that has gotten handled by some average teams. From all indications Mallard Creek is down this year as well . Northwestern also struggled in week 1 with clover but that might say more about Clover than Northwestern, as they came from behind to defeat York. A lot will shake out of this matchup that just don’t think Gaffney has the offense right now to keep up.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

D3 will be packed like the ole days....
Get their early for a good parking spot and Mikey..CSB...dont be crossing Cherry Rd to
CRAZYHORSE!!😂😂😂
NW 37
Gaffney 21

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

Northwestern(-9.5) O/U 64.5

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Long ride up Hwy 5 for the Injuns. Even longer ride home. Gaffney players are going to have PTSD from listening to the Trojan Band playing "Tribute To Troy!"

The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

1CANNON
Gaffney Indians

Post by 1CANNON »

Going from 1st to worst!
This Gaffney team may only win 1 more game this season.
STILL SPEAKING THE TRUTH

Scalped07
Gaffney Indians

Post by Scalped07 »

Northwestern - 31
Gaffney - 14

Gaffneys defense will keep them in it for a while but offense will Sputter. Defense will get wore down and NW wins. I have lost all faith in this staff. ALL OF IT.
***Black and Gold***
*Pride and Tradition*
*18 TIME SC STATE CHAMPIONS*

Cover Three
No Team Affiliation

Post by Cover Three »

I know Gaffney lost some folks to graduation, but Gaffney never has problems with replacing talent. But I am just not sure what is wrong with this years team. They have an OL that looks like a college OL, but can't run the football very well. They have a QB that is going to a Power 5 D1 school. But their offense is very predictable. I saw them play SP. And surprisingly as they struggled, their didn't seem to be a lot of interaction between coaches and players on the sideline. You usually see most teams watching film to correct mistakes the whole time they are off the field. What I saw was a coordinator would be there for a while, but then most of the interaction was from the coaches from the stands leaning on the fence telling individuals what they need to be doing. Gaffney has issues. But I don't know what it is. But NW is talented and very well coached. They don't have the talent Gaffney does, but I still think they prevail in this game.

chief shooting bull
Gaffney Indians

Post by chief shooting bull »

Best "show" will be across the street. Don't bring quarters this time, you know who you are.

1CANNON
Gaffney Indians

Post by 1CANNON »

Pay attention to the 13:50 minute mark +.
Gaffney just recovered a fumble on a kickoff after scoring a TD, pulling within 7 Points with a little over 4 minutes left in the game.
STILL SPEAKING THE TRUTH