REGION VIII

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

REGION VIII

Post by Penguin »

The battle for second place..........Summerville will win the Region, no doubts about that.

Ashley Ridge is 2-1 now with games vs. Summerville and Fort to close it out. I see them finishing 2-3. While a win against Summerville would set them up for a possible Region championship, it is about as likely as the sun setting tonight and not coming back up tomorrow morning. They could also surprise Fort D in week 11, but Fort has the better athletes.......oh how many times that I have said that over the last decade only to have it come back and bite me.......and doing so would net them second place.

Fort D is currently 2-1 with games against Beaufort and Ashley Ridge to close it out. I see them beating A-R, leaving the game against Beaufort as the deciding game for second place 4-1 and they finish second. 3-2 and they get 3rd place.

Bluffton is currently 1-2 with games against Walterboro and Summerville left. they finish out 2-3, stick a fork in them, they can start bouncing the roundballs. Season over after week 11.

Beaufort is currenly 1-2 with games against Walterboro and Fort left. Win this week against Fort, and finish 3-2, taking second in a tie breaker. Lose, and finish 2-3, and lose 3rd place on tie breaker, giving the eagles an at-large playoff berth because of points.

Walterboro is currently........insignificant in that they can only muddy the waters by pulling off a MAJOR upset against either Beaufort or Bluffton. After week 11, it's bouncy ball time for the Dawgs.

Essentially, what I am trying to say, is that outside of Summerville winning the Region and Walterboro finishing last. pretty much anything is possible for the 4 remaining teams. Very competitive in the middle of the pack in this Region.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Re: REGION VIII

Post by GoBigGreen »

If Summerville picks up the win this Friday against Ashley Ridge, they will secure the Region VIII title. With Berkeley likely costing Summerville a full playoff point, they will likely be the lowest seeded Region champ in the Div I playoffs at the #4 seed. With that said, the Summerville has nothing to gain in the season finale against Bluffton, other than the satisfaction of spanking the Bobcats in front of their home crowd :mrgreen:.

Wavefan70s
Summerville Green Wave

Post by Wavefan70s »

Watched Bluffton play Friday night.they aren't a horrid team just looked young.moved the ball well on the jump passes and stuff.
That being said i would not want to play fort again.they look like a machine on o.still not very disciplined though.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

And we still have that horse shoe shoved away in some tiny little crevis that we break out every now and then when we play Fort D. But I do agree, I would not want to play the Fort again if possible. I just do not like playing teams again in the playoffs that we already played in the regular season. Fort D will be a dangerous matchup for whoever they get in the playoffs. I can see them going on a little run upsetting a few teams along the way.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

GoBigGreen wrote:And we still have that horse shoe shoved away in some tiny little crevis that we break out every now and then when we play Fort D. But I do agree, I would not want to play the Fort again if possible. I just do not like playing teams again in the playoffs that we already played in the regular season. Fort D will be a dangerous matchup for whoever they get in the playoffs. I can see them going on a little run upsetting a few teams along the way.
You would like the latest projection that I punched in. ;) :)
If you win out and North Augusta wins Region 5. (DF beat Lexington, NA then beats DF)
That could make you guys a #2 seed. Spring Valley #3. Hillcrest #4.
Fort D would be a #5, opposite side of the bracket.
I'll have to punch in what happens if Lexington wins Region 5.

Rebel-Fan-74's projection is Dutch Fork winning Region 5.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Thanks EHS! Yes, I am pulling for DF to beat Lexington this Friday and NA to defeat DF next week. We still have to take care of business in our last two games as well or we lose some valuable playoff points in case the scenario just mentioned were to happen.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Check out this projection if that happens. Didn't intend it to be, but this projection is probably a best case scenario for Summerville. ;)
http://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php ... t=10#p5522

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Thanks EHS! I know who to pull for now.... :mrgreen:. It is fun considering all the possibilities. Each week that passes decreases the amount of possible playoff scenarios. After this Friday it will be interesting to see how things are looking on the playoff front.

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

Penguin wrote:The battle for second place..........Summerville will win the Region, no doubts about that.

Ashley Ridge is 2-1 now with games vs. Summerville and Fort to close it out. I see them finishing 2-3. While a win against Summerville would set them up for a possible Region championship, it is about as likely as the sun setting tonight and not coming back up tomorrow morning. They could also surprise Fort D in week 11, but Fort has the better athletes.......oh how many times that I have said that over the last decade only to have it come back and bite me.......and doing so would net them second place.

Fort D is currently 2-1 with games against Beaufort and Ashley Ridge to close it out. I see them beating A-R, leaving the game against Beaufort as the deciding game for second place 4-1 and they finish second. 3-2 and they get 3rd place.

Bluffton is currently 1-2 with games against Walterboro and Summerville left. they finish out 2-3, stick a fork in them, they can start bouncing the roundballs. Season over after week 11.

Beaufort is currenly 1-2 with games against Walterboro and Fort left. Win this week against Fort, and finish 3-2, taking second in a tie breaker. Lose, and finish 2-3, and lose 3rd place on tie breaker, giving the eagles an at-large playoff berth because of points.

Walterboro is currently........insignificant in that they can only muddy the waters by pulling off a MAJOR upset against either Beaufort or Bluffton. After week 11, it's bouncy ball time for the Dawgs.

Essentially, what I am trying to say, is that outside of Summerville winning the Region and Walterboro finishing last. pretty much anything is possible for the 4 remaining teams. Very competitive in the middle of the pack in this Region.

AWESOME POST PENGUIN!!!! HOPEFULLY OUR EAGLES CAN UPSET FORT DORCHESTER THIS FRIDAY NIGHT AND THEN BEAT COLLETON COUNTY TO FINISH 2ND IN THE REGION AND GET A BETTER PLAYOFF POSITION. IT WILL BE A TOUGH GAME WITH FORT D THOUGH. ARE YOU GOING TO BE ABLE TO MAKE THE GAME PENGUIN? I SURE HOPE SO.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

movethesticks
No Team Affiliation

Post by movethesticks »

Region VIII Showdown Week 11:

Region VIII Standings:

Summerville 4-0 (Clinched Region Title) at Bluffton
Beaufort 2-2 hosting Colleton County