Playoff Bracket Projection 10/27

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

The Home Team Most Likely To Lose Week One *Choose more than one if you want to....

Poll ended at Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:18 pm

1 Byrnes
3%
2 Dutch Fork
No votes
3 Hillcrest
6%
4 Summerville
12%
5 Spring Valley
12%
6 Fort Dorchester
15%
7 Lexington
32%
8 Gaffney
15%
None of the home teams are even challenged
3%
None of the home teams lose, but some are close
3%

Total votes: 34

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Re: Playoff Bracket Projection 10/27

Post by GoBigGreen »

Wow....Spartanburg at Summerville in the 1st round, a potential Gaffney at Summerville in the 2nd round followed by Summerville at Byrnes in the semis and then finally Summerville and Dutch Fork in the Finals :mrgreen:. I need a smiley face with an even bigger grin on his face.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

EHSMeanGreen Playoff Projection Possibilities
*These are not intended as an argument against Rebel-Fan-74's Projections*
just what if something different happens....

As Rebel-Fan-74 has stated, your guess is a good as mine as to what happens in all those games in Region 2. :?
Also, what happens in Region 5 can affect the seeds for many teams.

DIVISION ONE
1 Byrnes
16 West Ashley

8 Sumter
9 Lexington

4 Hillcrest
13 Rock Hill

5 Fort Dorchester
12 Mauldin

2 Summerville
15 Wando

7 Gaffney
10 Boiling Springs

3 Spring Valley
14 Ashley Ridge

6 Dutch Fork
11 Dorman

DIVISION TWO
1 Goose Creek
16 Easley

8 Irmo
9 Blythewood

4 South Florence
13 South Pointe

5 Stratford
12 Beaufort

2 Northwestern
15 West Florence

7 Greenwood
10 Spartanburg

3 North Augusta
14 Laurens

6 York
11 Nation Ford

Off the top of my head, outcomes in this projection that are different from Rebel-Fan-74s....
Region 5 - 1.North Augusta 2. Dutch Fork 3. Lexington
Region 2 - I have Mauldin projected to lose their last 2 games in this projection, and Gaffney winning out :?: Boiling Springs may have something to say about that.
Mauldin not getting a 6th win prevents several teams from getting that +0.5 pt. Hillcrest maybe the most significant. Those from Summerville that want a #2 seed should pull for that along with North Augusta winning Region 5.

It also has Sumter getting to "6" wins. I also have Westwood in 3A getting to 6 wins (not sure if that is different).

Also I have Easley a #16 seed based on going 1-1 in our last 2 games and Pickens losing to Southside in 3A play.
"If" Pickens wins that game, this should push Easley to the #14 seed.

Ask me to project some certain outcomes and i'll do my best to post and we'll see how they affect the bracket.

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojangrad78 »

GoBigGreen wrote:Wow....Spartanburg at Summerville in the 1st round, a potential Gaffney at Summerville in the 2nd round followed by Summerville at Byrnes in the semis and then finally Summerville and Dutch Fork in the Finals :mrgreen:. I need a smiley face with an even bigger grin on his face.
I am not sure I even want to THINK about how Sparty would be if this were to come to pass!!!!! :lol:

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

We would probably have to put Sparty on some type of meds....

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

THANKS FOR POSTING THESE REBEL-FAN-74. I AM JUST PRAYING THAT MY BEAUFORT EAGLES MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON. IT LOOKS LIKE BEAUFORT WILL HAVE TO WIN AT LEAST 1 OUT OF THEIR LAST 2 GAMES TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. AM I RIGHT ABOUT THAT? JUST CURIOUS. THANKS!!!!

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

Dave Pickren
SC HS Football Historian

Post by Dave Pickren »

2 Dutch Fork
15 Ashley Ridge

7 Lexington
10 Boiling Springs
================================
3 Hillcrest
14 Wando

6 Fort Dorchester
11 Dorman

If this turns out as final, then the Cavs would have to be thrilled with the draw.

Dorman would be a huge favorite over Fort D regardless of the game location, probably 2 or 3 touchdowns at least.
Dorman already beat Hillcrest this year and it is hard to see Hillcrest making a deep run with ZERO playoff experience despite the talent.
Without Colburn, Dutch Fork is not near the threat and Dorman would love their chance in a rematch with a less than 100% Colburn.

Of course Dorman could also screw the pooch like they have all season and the bus gets lost on the way to Charleston and they never make it there. Who knows with this bunch.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN wrote:IT LOOKS LIKE BEAUFORT WILL HAVE TO WIN AT LEAST 1 OUT OF THEIR LAST 2 GAMES TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. AM I RIGHT ABOUT THAT? JUST CURIOUS. THANKS!!!!

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Actually they don't have to win any.
Even if Beaufort loses out, they would finish with 34 pts. That should be in the playoffs.
Cut off for at-large teams should be around 32 to 32.5 pts.

Of course winning out would be much better for your seeding. ;)
Good Luck to your Beaufort Eagles!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:Cut off for at-large teams should be around 32 to 32.5 pts.
I see the cut being 32.5

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Dave Pickren wrote:Dorman would be a huge favorite over Fort D regardless of the game location, probably 2 or 3 touchdowns at least.
Dorman already beat Hillcrest this year and it is hard to see Hillcrest making a deep run with ZERO playoff experience despite the talent.
Without Colburn, Dutch Fork is not near the threat and Dorman would love their chance in a rematch with a less than 100% Colburn.
I don't disagree that these would be three winnable games for Dorman, but I also think that they are three losable games.

Fort D's only losses are to the 3 best teams in the low country. (GC, Stratford, and Summerville)

Hillcrest looks like they are improving on offense after posting 69 pts, 56 pts, and 69 pts in successive weeks. Playoff experience and being battle tested could be a negative for them. But their Sophomore QB has much more experience now than when they played Dorman. I get to see Hillcrest in person this Friday. Hopefully my Green Wave can play them well?

I agree that Dutch Fork is not nearly the same without Colburn, but Dorman was fortunate just to make that game close. Recovered onside kick and a couple of deep balls made the final score closer than the game. Dutch Fork does have big :?: marks with its defense though. We'll see what Dutch Fork has it's next two games. Lexington and North Augusta.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

SF Band dad wrote:
EHSMeanGreen wrote:Cut off for at-large teams should be around 32 to 32.5 pts.
I see the cut being 32.5
Right now, my latest projection.
I have West Ashley finishing with 32 pts. and in a tie-breaker with White Knoll for the last at-large playoff spot.
West Ashley would have more opponent wins than White Knoll, giving West Ashley the spot.

Everyone else should be at 32.5 or more. (As far as at-large teams go.)

Keep in mind that Mauldin could get to 6 wins and give Wade Hampton an extra +0.5 to tie for that spot and then Wade Hampton would be tough to beat in the opponent wins tie-breaker.

Also, White Knoll should have a chance to make the playoffs if they beat Lexington in their last game.
"If" that happens the cutoff would likely be 32.5 pts.