State championship games at Benedict?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Re: State championship games at Benedict?

Post by Onion Rings »

still. as director of the hsl you gotta make it happen for the sake of the fans. They have played down there for years and years. Weekend of champions were 2 special days where you could see some of the best players, and all the best teams in 2 days. Central location and plenty of good parking. Oh well guess we are moving on from that

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Onion Rings wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:43 pm
still. as director of the hsl you gotta make it happen for the sake of the fans. They have played down there for years and years. Weekend of champions were 2 special days where you could see some of the best players, and all the best teams in 2 days. Central location and plenty of good parking. Oh well guess we are moving on from that
Again, Jerome Et. Al. can't make anyone do anything. Just like the League can't make its own members follow the rules. So what do you want to do? Get the legislature involved like in NC????

Again I agree playing all the title games in Willy B is awesome and the most obvious choice, but that doesn't mean playing there makes financial, logistical, or convenient sense. For years coaches, fans, and admin complained about the logistics of playing at Willy B.

chant09
No Team Affiliation

Post by chant09 »

I've always thought that a great way to do the Championship games would be to use a different location for all classifications and rotate every year to be fair to upper and lower state. For example, use Coastal, Citadel, SC State, Furman, Wofford, new Panthers facility.
These stadiums are all big enough to hold the events and still small enough to get the atmosphere right as I feel Clemson and USC are both too big.
Another way to do it would be to use two of these locations and hold 3 games at one and 2 at the other then rotate. For example, use Citadel for 4A and 2A and use Wofford for 5A, 3A, and 1A. The next year you can rotate the sites and keep the classifications the same.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Onion Rings wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:43 pm
Thats the problem the schl time for fresh blood.i believe they have gotten complacent and comfortable.never a good thing .you shoukd try to improve and get better.
I feel its a we are the schl and we just want to side by type deal.
Needs to be revamped.
The directors job should rotate every so often.

AngryMax
No Team Affiliation

Post by AngryMax »

Not a Jerome apologist, but y’all act like he’s actively trying to make bad decisions. He’s often in an unwinnable situation. Plus he’s not the SCHSL dictator. He doesn’t make the major decisions unilaterally. They are voted on by the board of directors or whatever they are called. He didn’t decide that Benedict was a better location than WB.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I like the idea of rotation amongst Citadel, Coastal, Furman, Wofford, etc but maybe even add the Upper State and Lower State Championship games as well.

I know someone will say what about the team that earned the right to host the Upper/Lower State Championships?

Did they? It's random if two Region Champs meet for the Upper or Lower State Championships as we don't have any seeding other than round one and possibly round two in most cases.... After that it is all rotated by Regions every year. Two region champs meet, you look at the pre-determined brackets.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

AngryMax wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:44 am
Not a Jerome apologist, but y’all act like he’s actively trying to make bad decisions. He’s often in an unwinnable situation. Plus he’s not the SCHSL dictator. He doesn’t make the major decisions unilaterally. They are voted on by the board of directors or whatever they are called. He didn’t decide that Benedict was a better location than WB.
It should rotate the board of directors also.
Have 4 quadrants roatate board evey so often.

Don316625
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Don316625 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:08 pm
I like the idea of rotation amongst Citadel, Coastal, Furman, Wofford, etc but maybe even add the Upper State and Lower State Championship games as well.

I know someone will say what about the team that earned the right to host the Upper/Lower State Championships?

Did they? It's random if two Region Champs meet for the Upper or Lower State Championships as we don't have any seeding other than round one and possibly round two in most cases.... After that it is all rotated by Regions every year. Two region champs meet, you look at the pre-determined brackets.

Gotta agree with you here. Goose Creek is the benefactor of a very favorable bracket. Possibly 8-3 hosting an undefeated Fort D, and if we get past that, we may very well be 9-3 hosting an undefeated DF on Black Friday for the lower state championship.