Gilmer's Book will soon be released.

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Gilmer's Book will soon be released.

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

http://hubcity.org/press/catalog/histor ... ions-play/

Where Champions Play
by: Jason Gilmer
978-1-891885-44-0 Paperback
180 pages, 8.5 x 11
Publication Date: Aug-2013
$19.95

Passion for high school football in Spartanburg County runs high, and autumn Friday nights are when stars are made. The county's nine public high schools have won more state championships since 1950 than any other county in South Carolina. From the glory days of Coach Willie Varner's reign as Woodruff's head coach to the rise of Byrnes High School to a national power, the county has produced powerful programs and noteworthy players who have gone on to National Football League careers. Where Champions Play: Spartanburg County Prep Football describes the players and coaches who've made winning synonymous with Spartanburg. Looking back at the early decades of winning (like Spartanburg High School's title under Coach Hubert "Red" Dobson) and stretching to the 21st century, Where Champions Play tells the story of how the county's programs became champions.

Author
Jason Gilmer

For almost 10 years author Jason Gilmer covered high school sports for the Spartanburg Herald-Journal and won numerous statewide and national writing awards. A graduate of USC Upstate, Gilmer lives in Boone, N.C., with his wife, son and dog.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: Gilmer's Book will soon be released.

Post by CITYSLICKER »

YOU OUGHT TO SEND ME A SIGNED ONE FREE FOR BANNING ME ALL THE TIMES AND LISTENING TO ALL YOUR HIPPIE MUSIC
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING