Dillon Wildcats

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Dillon Wildcats

Post by cavaliereagle »

Your luck is over! Jabo's gone.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Dillon Wildcats

Post by SF Band dad »

They can keep shifting kids to Lake View to ensure they remain a large 2A school and not a small 3A. Sometimes you make your own luck. :lol:

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

That's a fact!

Beaudiddley
Silver Bluff Bulldogs

Post by Beaudiddley »

cavaliereagle wrote:That's a fact!
A real fact....or a billyfact...

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

I got it from his vault. :lol:

Wildcatsback2back
Dillon Wildcats

Post by Wildcatsback2back »

SF Band dad wrote:They can keep shifting kids to Lake View to ensure they remain a large 2A school and not a small 3A. Sometimes you make your own luck. :lol:

Call the league and complain that Dillon is cheating...Of course a respectable father like yourself can validate this claim.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Wildcatsback2back wrote:
SF Band dad wrote:They can keep shifting kids to Lake View to ensure they remain a large 2A school and not a small 3A. Sometimes you make your own luck. :lol:

Call the league and complain that Dillon is cheating...Of course a respectable father like yourself can validate this claim.
:D Welcome to the forum.

Respectable? Who, me? 8-)

I can validate that the 2010-11 135ADM list I received directly from the Dept. Of Education included the following:
9th__10th_11th_12th__Total
303__223__201__168____895__Dillon
_57___68___51___70____246__Lake View

Later that same day the SCHSL released their 135ADM which would be used for realignment. The SCHSL numbers contained many adjustments. 9th graders at Middle schools all over the state had to be allocated to the correct high school. The students at the Charleston school for the Arts and Darlington's school of Math & Science were allocated to the HS they are zoned for. The private schools had been added to the list.

There were some adjustments that made sense but I don't know how they arrived at the numbers they used: 500 were allocated to the new Powdersville HS but only 332 were subtracted from Wren. 1200 were allocated to the new Westwood HS but no students were subtracted from any Richland 2 schools. :?

And there was one adjustment that didn't have an obvious explanation - 50 students had been allocated from Dillon to Lake View:
845 - Dillon
296 - Lake View

I don't know why SCHSL made this adjustment but it had a huge effect. 895 would have made Dillon one of the smallest 3A schools, 845 made them one of the largest in 2A. It also shifted Woodruff from the top of 2A to the bottom of 3A.

Here's a link to the Dept of Ed. - Membership and Attendance reports, the one you want is 2010-2011, 135-Day Average Daily Membership. This spreadsheet is not broken down by school but this was before the merger. Dillion 1 is Lake View, Dillon 2 is Dillon. Add up the students in 9-12.

Here's a link to the SCHSL list used for realignment.

I have no reason to complain, my team is in 4A. Besides, who would you complain to, these are the League's numbers. But if I was a Woodruff fan I would have been asking for a recount. :D

There almost has to be a reasonable explanation, the adjustment wasn't hidden, the numbers are out there for all to see.... but that's not going to stop us from smack-talkin' about the creative use of math in Dillon county. :mrgreen:

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

The proof is on paper. We don't care if Dillon cheats. We're just wanting ya'll to realize we know you're cheating. This has worked well for Dillon. They've finally won some championships.

Wildcatsback2back
Dillon Wildcats

Post by Wildcatsback2back »

Man them kids went to start a new school that year.... It was a secret that not many knew about. It was the beginning of "South of the Border High School." The Pedro's" it was a plan that Jackie came up with himself. ( a way he could bring in players from North Carolina without be noticed) ...... Yeap you caught Dillon RED handed :D

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Wildcatsback2back wrote:Man them kids went to start a new school that year.... It was a secret that not many knew about. It was the beginning of "South of the Border High School." The Pedro's" it was a plan that Jackie came up with himself. ( a way he could bring in players from North Carolina without be noticed) ...... Yeap you caught Dillon RED handed :D
The SOB Fighting Pedros! I like it. I can see the stadium now, bill-boards all the way around. :lol: