Poll and Opinions: Spartanburg vs. York

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who you got?

Spartanburg
64%
York
36%

Total votes: 11

5Vikings
Spartanburg Vikings

Re: Poll and Opinions: Spartanburg vs. York

Post by 5Vikings »

Well if he supposedly the best player in the state then i want to see for myself Saturday in Columbia
Dont worry you will, even in the rain, I dont think that will slow him down. He is the definition of a NFL player in high school".

....and just a Junior too!!!!

This is hilarious!!!! Wasn't York #1 team in state at one point this year? Didn't York manhandle Spartanburg already this year(with that nfl rb)? Does Feaster play defense? Not taking anything away from the Kidd, I watched him in the scrimmage against York. The Kidd is next level but we held our own against him... What I did notice is our high powered offense giving that Spartanburg defense fits!!! Should be a great game!!! York 35-28

I am glad you think so.... Remember that Spartanburg and Coach Miller had NO preperation for this game it was only the 1st week in pads.. I know that York was in the same position.... Both teams have MUCH improved and have done what it takes to be in Columbia this weekend... Should be a Great Game!!!! No Feaster does not play Defense... He did play alittle Defense in the Byrnes Game.. So I guess we will find out on Saturday! ;)

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

York has been solid for several years now and definitely deserve a Championship. Spartanburg waltzes right into D2 thinking they were going to walk to cola and what do ya know!! That's exactly what happened. York's defense is what impressed me the most. We just couldn't block them up front. York's offense was so so. The York QB is pretty good. He's big. Built kind of like Cam Newton. The York Receivers are good at catching the ball. They seem to find space. #7 Jerome Simpson seems to be their best athlete. I don't think York has seen a defense as good as Spartanburg's this year. The difference in the Greenwood game is that Greenwood could not keep up with the score. Our offense seemed to lose some luster late in the year. Spartanburg's will not. I don't have a dog in this fight but based off what I saw from York last week Spartanburg wins by at least three Td's.

Vikings 51
York 28

Ytown
York Cougars

Post by Ytown »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:Last visit was: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:58 pm User Control Panel • 0 new messages View your posts Logout [ Ytown ]
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:York has been solid for several years now and definitely deserve a Championship. Spartanburg waltzes right into D2 thinking they were going to walk to cola and what do ya know!! That's exactly what happened. York's defense is what impressed me the most. We just couldn't block them up front. York's offense was so so. The York QB is pretty good. He's big. Built kind of like Cam Newton. The York Receivers are good at catching the ball. They seem to find space. #7 Jerome Simpson seems to be their best athlete. I don't think York has seen a defense as good as Spartanburg's this year. The difference in the Greenwood game is that Greenwood could not keep up with the score. Our offense seemed to lose some luster late in the year. Spartanburg's will not. I don't have a dog in this fight but based off what I saw from York last week Spartanburg wins by at least three Td's.

Vikings 51
York 28

So help me understand, we beat greenwood(easily), Greenwood beats Spartanburg but you pick us to get beat 51-28?! Again, hilarious!!! O btw we already saw that Spartanburg defense 1st game of the season!! Although it was a scrimmage game it was still played like a real game!!! #7 would be Wally Wilmore not Jerome Simpson!! #1 is Daurice Simpson who also is a heck of an athlete!!! This should be a heck of a ball game which I consider both teams evenly matched from the head coaches on down. I think it comes down to which defense plays better!!! I just hope the rain holds off!!! York wins 35-28

5Vikings
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by 5Vikings »

Ytown wrote:
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:Last visit was: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:58 pm User Control Panel • 0 new messages View your posts Logout [ Ytown ]
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:York has been solid for several years now and definitely deserve a Championship. Spartanburg waltzes right into D2 thinking they were going to walk to cola and what do ya know!! That's exactly what happened. York's defense is what impressed me the most. We just couldn't block them up front. York's offense was so so. The York QB is pretty good. He's big. Built kind of like Cam Newton. The York Receivers are good at catching the ball. They seem to find space. #7 Jerome Simpson seems to be their best athlete. I don't think York has seen a defense as good as Spartanburg's this year. The difference in the Greenwood game is that Greenwood could not keep up with the score. Our offense seemed to lose some luster late in the year. Spartanburg's will not. I don't have a dog in this fight but based off what I saw from York last week Spartanburg wins by at least three Td's.

Vikings 51
York 28

So help me understand, we beat greenwood(easily), Greenwood beats Spartanburg but you pick us to get beat 51-28?! Again, hilarious!!! O btw we already saw that Spartanburg defense 1st game of the season!! Although it was a scrimmage game it was still played like a real game!!! #7 would be Wally Wilmore not Jerome Simpson!! #1 is Daurice Simpson who also is a heck of an athlete!!! This should be a heck of a ball game which I consider both teams evenly matched from the head coaches on down. I think it comes down to which defense plays better!!! I just hope the rain holds off!!! York wins 35-28

Greenwood did indeed Beat Spartanburg... Spartanburg Played without Feaster, Tavarus Scott and one other starter I can not remember...Greenwood may still have beat them with them but who knows??? I am so glad that you keep referring to the "Scrimmage" The team you will see tomorrow will not even be close to the team you saw in August!!! I know that both teams have improved but I do think the Vikings will make it a Great Game... GO VIKINGS!!!!

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Ytown wrote:

Vikings 51
York 28

Help me understand how a 21-6 win is an "easy win"? York has a good team but I wasn't impressed by any means except for the defense. Even with that being said Greenwood's offense has not scored a lot of points in the playoffs anyway. I was just attempting to make the point that Spartanburg's offense is miles ahead of Greenwood's to this point in the season. They have scored a lot of points lately due to them being fully healthy. Also, help me understand how a scrimmage early in the year will indicate what will happen in the State Title Game? Your defense gave up 28 to westside. Spartanburg is much better. This is just my opinion. I don't really like either team. I have respect for them though. York will keep up with the score till about the middle of the third. Then Spartanburg will pull away.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

4A Division II Matchup Stats

York - (12-2).......(22-5 in the last two years)
Offense - 10th in 4A - 34.2 Pts. per game (Regular Season)
--30 pts. or more in 9 games (All games)
--40 pts. or more in 5 games (All games)

Defense- 22nd in 4A - 22.1 Pts. per game (Regular Season)
--14 pts. or less in 5 games (All games)
--7 pts. or less in 3 games (All games)

Spartanburg - (11-3).......(17-9 in the last two years)
Offense - 4th in 4A - 44.5 Pts. per game (Regular Season)
--30 pts. or more in 13 games (All games)
--40 pts. or more in 10 games (All games)

Defense- 28th in 4A - 25.1 Pts. per game (Regular Season)
--14 pts. or less in 2 games (All games)
--7 pts. or less in 2 games (All games)

bruindad79
South Florence Bruins

Re: SPARTANBURG VS. YORK OPINONS

Post by bruindad79 »

bruindad79 wrote:Spartanburg 56
York 21

My .02 cents

Spartanburg is real deal, Good luck next weekend in W-B stadium! :mrgreen:
49-28, I didn't miss by much, and to think the York fans thought I was crazy... :roll:

Congrats to the Vikings!

DSIMP1987
York Cougars

Post by DSIMP1987 »

Win or lose i'm still proud of the Cougars because to make it to the state championship game for the first time in 28 years is remarkable but i know its heartbreaking not to win it but Spartanburg wanted it more so hats off to Spartanburg for winning the title.