South Florence vs Spartanburg

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
bruindad79
South Florence Bruins

South Florence vs Spartanburg

Post by bruindad79 »

Hat tip to the Vikings, they took us to the wood shed tonight. Feaster is one bad ass RB, I hope he goes to my beloved Crimson Tide. Between Feaster and us beating ourselves, it was a utter collapse, but I told them hold your heads up, you went further than any other team in school history. Good Luck to Vikings next week in Columbia.

And the officials were terrible again, both teams had penalties that should have been called and didnt.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: South Florence vs Spartanburg

Post by DeCav »

Congrats to the Vikes!

Hated to see South Florence's run cut short but congrats on a great season for them also. How's the squad look next year for the Bruins?
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

bruindad79
South Florence Bruins

Post by bruindad79 »

DeCav wrote:Congrats to the Vikes!

Hated to see South Florence's run cut short but congrats on a great season for them also. How's the squad look next year for the Bruins?
We have 26 yes 26 seniors but... we have some great players coming up that fill the majority of the gaps. We'll be back soon, might not be next yr, but soon enough.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Well as long as your coaching staff feels the program is yet to peak then that will make the difference I think. Some programs in this state are always looking to close the margins and engage in continuous improvement and those are the ones who eventually get it done.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

SPARTANBURGFAN
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by SPARTANBURGFAN »

Your coach is a great coach. He's building something special. I liked the stadium.. Wasn't nearly as bad as I heard. Great crowd!! We are traveling very well.. Didn't care for the PA guy.. But that's just me.

Best of luck.. Maybe Coach Prince and Miller can get a reg season game?

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Vikings feast on Bruins in state semifinal
Lou Bezjak | Morning News | SCNow

FLORENCE, S.C. — Spartanburg’s high-powered offense lived up to its billing Friday night at Memorial Stadium.

Quarterback Austin Scott threw six touchdowns, and running back Tavien Feaster scored four TDs as the Vikings used a second-quarter barrage to defeat South Florence 63-30 in the Class 4A Division II semifinal game.

Spartanburg (11-3) advances to its first state title game since 2001 and will play York at noon on Dec. 6 at Williams-Brice Stadium.

< Excerpts - Full article, picture gallery, and video of post game interviews at the headline link >

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Spartanburg coach Chris Miller wrote:We got some weapons over there on the offensive side and I would hate to defend them. Our coaches put them in places that you can’t cover everybody.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Good luck next week Vikings.

wildcatnation
Dillon Wildcats

Post by wildcatnation »

SF Band dad wrote:
Spartanburg coach Chris Miller wrote:We got some weapons over there on the offensive side and I would hate to defend them. Our coaches put them in places that you can’t cover everybody.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Good luck next week Vikings.
Band dad them linebackers shoulda been popping that Rb from the start of the game to set the tone you don't let nobody come into your house and do you like that

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

uknowit
No Team Affiliation

Post by uknowit »

I am quite sure that the plan for SFs linebackers was to step up and pop Feaster in the mouth early and often. Easier said than done. The kid is hands down the best player in the state. And just his mere presence makes their passing game much more effective. Spartanburg has the offensive talent not many folks can handle.