bigdog2003 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:24 am
greenjewel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:15 am
bigdog2003 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:54 am
greenjewel wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:24 pm

Packing up and moving is abandoning the town, not saving it. Towns have died here and there in the past but we have never seen anything like this.
Let's say I was a real estate investor/developer, what reason do I have have to go into 1 of these rural, small, former mill towns and invest my money?

There is a 0% chance of getting any ROI. I know there is a 0% chance I even look at properties in these towns when I do my daily searches. I don't care how cheap they are, they aren't worth it.

At some point, abandoning the town is the only option. Well, I guess you could stay there and continue to do absolutely nothing to better your situation. The population of these town will continue to get older and older, as people pass away nobody will take their place, their properties will slowly fall into disrepair bringing the property values around them even further down.
Of course. You just described some of the devastation that NAFTA has caused but you must also add the millions of jobs lost. It is simply called creating poverty, and crime comes with it. Poverty always breeds crime, anywhere in the world. Study Molenbeek Belgium if you really want to see the effect of poverty on crime.
So these people are just going to sit there, waiting on the government to save them by reversing NAFTA? Got it, they don't want to help themselves. Then they will use that as an excuse as to why they commit crimes and terrorize the people that do work to better themselves. And you wonder why people that make something of themselves move out the first chance they get.

Laziness is not my fault, not wanting to better yourself is not my fault, their poverty is not my fault. It's all their choice. You can blame NAFTA, you can blame the 1%, you can blame whoever you want. It's personal choice to stay in that situation. It's personal choice to not better yourself.
You are ignoring reality and creating your own alter-reality. It costs to get out. People in these situations are broke. The entire community is broke. NAFTA.
I just happen to work in a sector of international trade pretty much my entire family has since 1969.
We are busting at the seems.
We have hired 159 people . About 33%or a bit more
Ain't worth a shit. Won't show up call out sick ect.
Lazy af when they do. We pay top dollar .
24 a hr fir trainees 40 a hr with in 5 years.
Great benefits. Industry leading .
A lot of people dint want to work .they want the money but don't want to work for it.
And it's not labor intensive. Tedious .
Same in my wife's area of expertise.
We gotta change our thought process of how our youngish think .

Personal responsibility seems to be lacking .

Hell we are building and have built infrastructure
To lure manufacturers such as .
BMW Boeing Mercedes Cummings Shimano
Volvo .distribution centers harbor frieght I. Dillon
Walmart Ridgeville Amazon
Raymond nurdles plastic beads in North Charleston.

Our 3ird inlandcrailway port to serve thr south east.
Money and jobs are here and otw.
Everybody doesn't pay like you. We have to bring the American dream back to life again or we will struggle indefinitely. Its not here for most folks now. BTW, i do very well financially but i understand the plight of those who don't.

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Re: Bad behavior at games

Post by bigdog2003 »

greenjewel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:39 pm
bigdog2003 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:27 am
greenjewel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:18 am
bigdog2003 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:56 am
greenjewel wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:27 pm
bigdog2003 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:00 am

Of course, but the manufacturing jobs aren't coming back. Plus, people today don't want to work that kind of job. We have some big manufacturing places over here, Samsung has been here a few years now. All I hear from people that have worked there is "they make you work to hard". IT'S A JOB! If I owned a majority company, where would I want to go? Small town America where the work force doesn't want to work hard for the money, or overseas where the people are glad to work for money?

Work ethic just doesn't exist for a lot of people anymore.
In order to stabilize our nation's economy the manufacturing jobs must come back. Our economy is a 3 legged stool. We have manufacturing, construction and the government. We will never have a robust economy on 2 legs.
Stabilize for who? It goes back to what I said about it being 2022 not 1902, if you are depending on a 9-5 to live, you are always going to be going backwards. We are in a recession right now, I haven't slowed down at all. Matter of fact, I've ramped up what I do. The best time to make money is when there's panic in the streets.
Stabilize it for our overall society, not just a few.
I'll be honest with you, I don't give 2 craps about society overall. I don't, I'm honest about it. I'll worry about getting mine, taking care of me. It still goes back to, its 2022 DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR LIFE. Punching a time clock as your only source of income will keep you a slave to that company forever.
Do you have children and grandchildren? You don't care about the society they will live in? That is not a good attitude for people living in a democracy, that type of greed is a death certificate for a democracy if the majority goes that way.
It's not greed, it's called I've worked hard for 37 years and now it's time to reward myself. You remember what I said about grind now, shine later? The grind part is almost done, its time to shine and live the way I want to live. Everybody has the same opportunity to work like I have to put themselves in a position to reap the benefits.

If they are to lazy to do it, I don't care what they do. They can turn their small towns into Mad Max world for all I care. I'll keep living my life, doing what I do, and who cares what they do. I already stopped attending away games due to idiots, I could easily do it with home games. Trust me, the 10,000 square foot house on the lake I'm looking at buying will have plenty of stuff to keep me occupied without going to a football game or worrying about what people that won't take the time or effort to help themselves are doing.

The death certificate for our democracy will people the handouts we give to buy votes. It was COVID stimulus checks, now people are pushing for student loan forgiveness. 1 guy that ran for POTUS wanted to do monthly payments to everybody. Free handouts, people dependent on the man to feed and cloth them. People don't want to work, because if they did, they would go where the jobs are.
Last edited by bigdog2003 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

greenjewel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:42 pm
Fortfor5 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:25 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:14 am
bigdog2003 wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:

Let's say I was a real estate investor/developer, what reason do I have have to go into 1 of these rural, small, former mill towns and invest my money?

There is a 0% chance of getting any ROI. I know there is a 0% chance I even look at properties in these towns when I do my daily searches. I don't care how cheap they are, they aren't worth it.

At some point, abandoning the town is the only option. Well, I guess you could stay there and continue to do absolutely nothing to better your situation. The population of these town will continue to get older and older, as people pass away nobody will take their place, their properties will slowly fall into disrepair bringing the property values around them even further down.
Of course. You just described some of the devastation that NAFTA has caused but you must also add the millions of jobs lost. It is simply called creating poverty, and crime comes with it. Poverty always breeds crime, anywhere in the world. Study Molenbeek Belgium if you really want to see the effect of poverty on crime.
So these people are just going to sit there, waiting on the government to save them by reversing NAFTA? Got it, they don't want to help themselves. Then they will use that as an excuse as to why they commit crimes and terrorize the people that do work to better themselves. And you wonder why people that make something of themselves move out the first chance they get.

Laziness is not my fault, not wanting to better yourself is not my fault, their poverty is not my fault. It's all their choice. You can blame NAFTA, you can blame the 1%, you can blame whoever you want. It's personal choice to stay in that situation. It's personal choice to not better yourself.
You are ignoring reality and creating your own alter-reality. It costs to get out. People in these situations are broke. The entire community is broke. NAFTA.
I just happen to work in a sector of international trade pretty much my entire family has since 1969.
A lot of people dint want to work .they want the money but don't want to work for it.

Everybody doesn't pay like you. We have to bring the American dream back to life again or we will struggle indefinitely. Its not here for most folks now. BTW, i do very well financially but i understand the plight of those who don't.

The American dream is just that, a DREAM. That's the problem, people have this mindset of what America was 30, 40, 50 years ago where you worked for a company for your entire career, you made just enough to buy the house with the white picket fence, and you raised some kids. That isn't reality anymore.

I'm sure not everybody pays like that, but people also aren't forced to work for any wage they think isn't high enough. Why would a business owner pay more if people are willing to work for less?

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

greenjewel wrote:
BTW, i do very well financially but i understand the plight of those who don't.
Wait. You're not struggling?

Besides ranting on a football board, what other measures are you taking to change the world?

Waiting around to see if a viable third party candidate rises to capture 5% of the poll so you can throw your vote away?

Again, there is no NAFTA anymore.

WHY DO YOU KEEP BRINGING UP NAFTA?

BigDog, this doesn't include you as it also doesn't include 95% of the members on this board, so no need to reply...

But how many people would change this if they could and what is the LEAST you would do besides ranting on a message board that 99.9999% of our country is oblivious to?

Don't answer lightly. I have a good plan and I aim to see that you back down and swallow your words like I know you will.

BigDog, I get it. You paid your dues. The rest of society can rot in Hell for all you care.

What say the rest of you? Ready to help out another human who has the spark of divinity in them and a vision?

Last edited by DeCav on Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I still think it's golden that NAFTA is to blame for the Greenwood Jamboree getting called early.

I'm slotted to try 5 mins of new material at the Comedy Zone in Greenville tonight.

I have already moved some jokes around so I can bring up the state of the country and point out that one high school football fan blames the violent outbreak in Greenwood last week on NAFTA. A policy that doesn't even exist anymore.

I'll let you know if there are any laughs.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I have this vision of a bunch of high school thugs arguing about international free trade agreements.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

greenjewel wrote:
Fortfor5 wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:

I've literally offered jobs to guys in wadmalaw
They won't take it cause 30 minutes to far to drive.
Fora potentially 6 figure job.
Sure some are stuck but some stuck themselves.

I was o. Welfare in early 90s .I busted my butt made my way . I'm sure there are some whom don't have the opertunity.
But there are plenty that do that sit around and bitch. I have no tolerance for that.
If you try and fail I can deal with it .but if you don't try at all. I have nothing good to say.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Fortfor5 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:52 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Fortfor5 wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:
greenjewel wrote:

I've literally offered jobs to guys in wadmalaw
They won't take it cause 30 minutes to far to drive.
Fora potentially 6 figure job.
Sure some are stuck but some stuck themselves.

I was o. Welfare in early 90s .I busted my butt made my way . I'm sure there are some whom don't have the opertunity.
But there are plenty that do that sit around and bitch. I have no tolerance for that.
If you try and fail I can deal with it .but if you don't try at all. I have nothing good to say.
Hey Scotty, believe it or not, my better half and I have been thinking of relocating to your neck of the woods.

You'd really have work for me there?

Got a contact where I can send a resume? I'm in international purchasing and supply chain.

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

DeCav wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:28 pm
I still think it's golden that NAFTA is to blame for the Greenwood Jamboree getting called early.

I'm slotted to try 5 mins of new material at the Comedy Zone in Greenville tonight.

I have already moved some jokes around so I can bring up the state of the country and point out that one high school football fan blames the violent outbreak in Greenwood last week on NAFTA. A policy that doesn't even exist anymore.

I'll let you know if there are any laughs.
Hey, we were not there and didn't hear what it started over. Could have been gas prices for all we know.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

bigdog2003 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:25 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Fortfor5 wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:
greenjewel wrote:

The American dream is just that, a DREAM. That's the problem, people have this mindset of what America was 30, 40, 50 years ago where you worked for a company for your entire career, you made just enough to buy the house with the white picket fence, and you raised some kids. That isn't reality anymore.

I'm sure not everybody pays like that, but people also aren't forced to work for any wage they think isn't high enough. Why would a business owner pay more if people are willing to work for less?
Have you tried to hire anyone lately? They aren't out there. I have to pay high school kids $12.50 and i can only get a few to come to work. Back when daddy worked and there was plenty of money to go around the rich paid taxes, now they don't and that is a big part of the problem.