Bad behavior at games

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Bad behavior at games

Post by NuclearCav90 »

I am sick of these kids going to high school football games and acting a fool like this. What’s going on in these kids’ heads? Why are they so violent and aggressive? Due to a recent event of this type at a jamboree last week, Greenwood High is now implementing policies such as no congregating, limited tickets sold, all kids with no student ID must be with a parent, and everyone must have a seat. But who knows if it is enough. I am not trying to single out Greenwood here at all. This crap happens across the entire state, including at my school Dorman. And it makes it scary and uncomfortable to go to games.

Cover Three
No Team Affiliation

Re: Bad behavior at games

Post by Cover Three »

It reflects society as a whole these days. Our country, and those in the educational system are the worst, have been so influenced by the world of political correctness, that nobody wants to call out right and wrong these days. Instead the green light has been given to where folks just run wild at will because the last thing anybody seems to want to do these days is to hold anybody accountable and possibly hurt somebody's feelings

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Cover Three wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:33 pm
It reflects society as a whole these days. Our country, and those in the educational system are the worst, have been so influenced by the world of political correctness, that nobody wants to call out right and wrong these days. Instead the green light has been given to where folks just run wild at will because the last thing anybody seems to want to do these days is to hold anybody accountable and possibly hurt somebody's feelings
Sadly folks....for the blame, we need to look no further than the mirror. We parents are the cause of this...we spent too much time chasing careers and parenting by giving them an iPhone and a credit card and told them to stay out of our hair instead of being parents. My sons turned out pretty well, but that was my wife...not me. I am guilty...
Our generation is to blame...we are reaping what we have sown.

Fear The Fox...

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

This is why I'm glad I don't have to sit in the crowd for home games and why I really don't care to attend away games anymore. There was a time I was at every away game the Bulldogs played, but now I make 1 or 2 a season. To many idiots in the world reproducing with other idiots, making more idiots. Then they drop these idiots off at games so others can deal with them.

The part that gets me with kids these days is they are all "hard" as long as they have their boys with them. 1 on 1 like the old days doesn't exist, and if they don't have an entourage with them, they won't do anything.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Easy, just look for the red hats and stay as far away as possible. They have been told that committing crimes is ok as long as you wear a red hat.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Penguin wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:02 pm
Easy, just look for the red hats and stay as far away as possible. They have been told that committing crimes is ok as long as you wear a red hat.
It is kind of depressing that our leader modeled how acting on your worst instincts rewards you with so much effusive praise and approval.

I typed a few thousand words about this just now but then deleted it because, and I am not making this up, the #****YOURFEELINGS crowd gets SUPER sensitive if I bring up politics.

One of the old guard from PFT who collected the most awards for Funniest poster kept ringing the bell on his Facebook page about how America should boycott the NFL. He was rabidly endorsing this idea. And then one day he posted this glowing photo of the new Georgia Bulldog recruit who was gonna bring about a new age for Georgia!

All I did was comment on the post, "But we kick him to the curb just as soon as he's eligible for the NFL draft, yes?"

BLOCKED.

No reason. No argument. No debate. No story arc for why it's cool to worship a football player for a few years while knowing as soon as your team is done with him, if you have anything to do with it, his dreams of a professional career in football will be scuttled by your political ideology.

No defense or conversation at all. Just, "Give it a rest dude!" and then I'm BLOCKED.

YOU give it a rest. I'm not going around baiting anyone. I'm just responding to the shit they do that makes no sense to me. It doesn't make sense to me if you want to crush the Democrats or even if you want to take total control of this country politically. Whatever the goal here is, the actions always run counter to the goals.

Anyway, I better settle down. I'm already on thin ice with a few members here.

Seriously, the accommodations that I'm expected to make...

I think I understand how teachers feel.

https://fb.watch/eXORUHm2Nn/
Last edited by DeCav on Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

DeCav wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:45 pm
Penguin wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:02 pm
It is kind of depressing that our leader modeled how acting on your worst instincts rewards you with so much effusive praise and approval.

I typed a few thousand words about this just now but then deleted it because, and I am not making this up, the #****YOURFEELINGS crowd gets SUPER sensitive if I bring up politics.

One of the old guard from PFT who collected the most awards for Funniest poster kept ringing the bell on his Facebook page about America should boycott the NFL. He was rabidly endorsing this idea. And then one day he posted this glowing photo of the new Georgia Bulldog recruit who was gonna bring about a new age for Georgia!

All I did was comment on the post, "But we kick him to the curb just as soon as he's eligible for the NFL draft, yes?"

BLOCKED.

No reason. No argument. No debate. No story arc for why it's cool to worship a football player for a few years while knowing as soon as your team is done with him, if you have anything to do with it, his dreams of a professional career in football will be scuttled by your political ideology.

No defense or conversation at all. Just, "Give it a rest dude!" and then I'm BLOCKED.

YOU give it a rest. I'm not going around baiting anyone. I'm just responding the shit they do that makes no sense to me. It doesn't make sense to me if you want to crush the Democrats or even if you want to take total control of this country politically. Whatever the goal here is, the actions always run counter to the goals.

Anyway, I better settle down. I'm already on thin ice with a few members here.
I think the post originally was about student behavior at the games....that crosses all political lines...children have been left to raise themselves during this age of technology-and pursuit of your career dreams. "Social Media"...that term doesn't even make sense. If I am social, it is in person. As you all know, I'm definitely not "social" on this site...ha. Bottom line is parents have shirked their duties as parents. I was just as guilty as the next guy in that regard. If I misbehaved out in public (or private for that matter) as a child, I knew there would be consequences from my parents- corporal punishment as a younger child, and even worse as a teen...got grounded. I'd rather take the corporal punishment...

Parents need to be parents again. Hold the children accountable. But more importantly, hold yourself as a parent accountable. Giving them everything they want, ....parenting with an iPhone and credit card, as I call it...is the root of the behavior issues you mention. If Dad gave me "the look", I knew it was time to cease and desist with whatever shenanigans I had going on. Seems these days, the kids run the household. Parents need to be parents.

Fear The Fox...

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

I, respectfully, disagree with all of you. Here is what i think. If you study history you will see that nothing breeds violence in a society like poverty. If you want to get all the way to the core of this issue you only need to look at 2 things; N.A.F.T.A. and the banks stopping funding start up businesses. When the rich (corporations) combined those two things, they signed the death certificate for the American Dream for 80% of Americans. Just here in South Carolina N.A.F.T.A. eliminated 1 million jobs for poorly educated and unskilled folks and they have not been replaced with new good paying jobs. The banks have slaughtered the dream of owning your own business by ending the funding of start ups. WHY? That is simple. Private owned business keeps the corporate monsters honest when it comes to wages, quality and pricing. And, both parties are to blame. Neither party has done squat to reverse NAFTA or to force banks to finance the American dream. NAFTA destroyed the dream for the poor and banks slaughtered the dream for the young and educated. Ask yourself, what do these people have to lose? When people have nothing to lose they become violent. STOP VOTING STRAIGHT PARTY, KICK THESE ECONOMIC TERRORISTS OUT. Just my opinion.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

greenjewel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:34 pm
I, respectfully, disagree with all of you. Here is what i think. If you study history you will see that nothing breeds violence in a society like poverty. If you want to get all the way to the core of this issue you only need to look at 2 things; N.A.F.T.A. and the banks stopping funding start up businesses. When the rich (corporations) combined those two things, they signed the death certificate for the American Dream for 80% of Americans. Just here in South Carolina N.A.F.T.A. eliminated 1 million jobs for poorly educated and unskilled folks and they have not been replaced with new good paying jobs. The banks have slaughtered the dream of owning your own business by ending the funding of start ups. WHY? That is simple. Private owned business keeps the corporate monsters honest when it comes to wages, quality and pricing. And, both parties are to blame. Neither party has done squat to reverse NAFTA or to force banks to finance the American dream. NAFTA destroyed the dream for the poor and banks slaughtered the dream for the young and educated. Ask yourself, what do these people have to lose? When people have nothing to lose they become violent. STOP VOTING STRAIGHT PARTY, KICK THESE ECONOMIC TERRORISTS OUT. Just my opinion.
I think greed breeds a little more violence than poverty...pure, unadulterated greed. You are partially correct on NAFTA, but the workforce you reference in SC was in textiles, and the industry's leaders' lack of vision was the fault...that and greed. The textile firm that weathered the storm best in the region...Milliken...lived and breathed R&D. Roger Milliken knew the industry was evolving and he also knew that regardless of quality or productivity, the third world workforce would eventually take over those industries like textiles, and he hung his hat on the future and not on weaving cotton cloth- they were among the first to explore non-woven fabrics; the future.

One thing we all need to do, is focus less on the national elections and more on your local elections... where you will see and feel the impact the soonest. Grass roots change...where it needs to begin.

Fear The Fox...

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

DFOldman, what is the solution though?

That is. What are the actionable opinions? What are you and I going to do to affect things other than rant on our little backwater football board?

btw, things are actually a lot better than people like to think that they are.

If it bleeds it leads. We never hear anyone praise how peaceful and respectful a stadium was after a Friday night.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson