DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Bad behavior at games

Post by DeCav »

greenjewel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:51 pm
DeCav wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:28 pm
I still think it's golden that NAFTA is to blame for the Greenwood Jamboree getting called early.

I'm slotted to try 5 mins of new material at the Comedy Zone in Greenville tonight.

I have already moved some jokes around so I can bring up the state of the country and point out that one high school football fan blames the violent outbreak in Greenwood last week on NAFTA. A policy that doesn't even exist anymore.

I'll let you know if there are any laughs.
If there are any intellectuals in the crowd they will stare at you as if they are looking at someone r__________. If you have a bunch of jethros in there they will laugh like hell i am sure. It just depends on the audience before you. Its easy to see the body floating on top of the water;, but, there is much more below.
So people who laugh at you are dumb?

Have you ever heard of the Dunning-Krueger effect?

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

DeCav wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:11 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:51 pm
DeCav wrote:
I still think it's golden that NAFTA is to blame for the Greenwood Jamboree getting called early.

I'm slotted to try 5 mins of new material at the Comedy Zone in Greenville tonight.

I have already moved some jokes around so I can bring up the state of the country and point out that one high school football fan blames the violent outbreak in Greenwood last week on NAFTA. A policy that doesn't even exist anymore.

If there are any intellectuals in the crowd they will stare at you as if they are looking at someone r__________. If you have a bunch of jethros in there they will laugh like hell i am sure. It just depends on the audience before you. Its easy to see the body floating on top of the water;, but, there is much more below.
So people who laugh at you are dumb?

Have you ever heard of the Dunning-Krueger effect?

Dumb people laugh at dumb jokes.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

DeCav wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:05 pm
bigdog2003 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:07 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:05 pm
DeCav wrote:

You and Big Dog must be devout Democrats defending NAFTA like you are doing.
I support no party. I don't care at all who is in office, what they do, it does nothing to change what I do.

I never defended anything, I said people should stop making excuses and better themselves instead of waiting on others to do it.
GJ, when did bigdog make a case for or defend NAFTA?

You're shadow boxing brother!

Until this thread, did you know NAFTA had been dissolved? Be honest.
They gave it a new name (USMCA), threw in some worthless provisions, ran the price of steel and aluminum through the roof and gave corporations longer protections on copyrights but did nothing to reinstate tariffs and bring our manufacturing back here. The new agreement is just NAFTA with lipstick. It's still NAFTA to me, still kills our economy.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

greenjewel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:33 pm
DeCav wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
DeCav wrote:

I support no party. I don't care at all who is in office, what they do, it does nothing to change what I do.

I never defended anything, I said people should stop making excuses and better themselves instead of waiting on others to do it.

They gave it a new name (USMCA), threw in some worthless provisions, ran the price of steel and aluminum through the roof and gave corporations longer protections on copyrights but did nothing to reinstate tariffs and bring our manufacturing back here. The new agreement is just NAFTA with lipstick. It's still NAFTA to me, still kills our economy.
Ok! We’re making some progress!

You now have USMCA in your vocabulary!

Well done!

Now you didn’t answer my question.

Did you know that there was no NAFTA until posting in this thread?
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

DeCav wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:04 pm
greenjewel wrote:
DeCav wrote:

Wait?

You think the capitalist agenda BigDog clearly holds makes him a DEMOCRAT??

There's yet another point of credibility you just lost.

No one is defending NAFTA. Copy and paste a comment that makes a case for the existence of NAFTA.

NAFTA is no more. Why are you possessed by NAFTA? Did NAFTA come and molest you in the middle of the night when you were young?

Dude, it's time to start making some sense. So far, you're just spinning yourself in circles.

At least do yourself a favor and start demonizing the USMCA.
I'm clearly a democrat. Come on man, how do you not see it?

Here is my daily schedule: wake up and go for a run, then spend the day trying to get as much money as I can into my accounts. I sit at the job I do because I enjoy it, and just watch my investments pay off. That little notification sound when money hits my account is like winning the biggest game in history. Then I go home and go for another run.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

DeCav wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:05 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:33 pm
DeCav wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
DeCav wrote:

Ok! We’re making some progress!

You now have USMCA in your vocabulary!

Well done!

Now you didn’t answer my question.

Did you know that there was no NAFTA until posting in this thread?
I know all about NAFTA and USMCA. The name NAFTA has been replaced but the policies that are killing our economy haven't changed. So, i still call it NAFTA. The main thing USMCA changed was the price of steel, aluminum and building materials. It sent them through the roof.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

greenjewel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:39 pm
So, i still call it NAFTA.
Well that's just fkn great. Good luck with that. Also I wish you luck in your effort to carry any water in your leaky bucket.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Greenjewel is chasing his tail about NAFTA...excuse me...USMCA...excuse me again....NAFTA being the reason why football fans can't just enjoy a football game without the cops breaking up unruly people and calling the whole event off.

For the rest of the board, do we have an action plan beyond waiting forever for a viable third party to vote for who will reverse poverty in this country which will make us all shiny and happy and able to enjoy football games without any inconvenience?

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

DeCav wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:07 am
Greenjewel is chasing his tail about NAFTA...excuse me...USMCA...excuse me again....NAFTA being the reason why football fans can't just enjoy a football game without the cops breaking up unruly people and calling the whole event off.

For the rest of the board, do we have an action plan beyond waiting forever for a viable third party to vote for who will reverse poverty in this country which will make us all shiny and happy and able to enjoy football games without any inconvenience?
I have no idea why you are so obsessed with this whole thing, you are like flipping out over this. The behavior that you saw at Greenwood is just an example of how things have changed since textiles left South Carolina and left so many towns impoverished. Every crime statistic has gone way up in most places where textiles ruled but are gone now. Violence of all types has increased significantly. It's not complicated. Poverty breeds violence, always has, always will. And you can forget about bullying me, i don't play that, not even if you try to get the entire board to attack me like you just did. Ain't gonna happen, i am a bully buster. I don't fall for that cheap stuff.

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

If you really feel that strongly that more manufacturing jobs would truly change stuff, why don't you open a plant? It's a free country, you can do that. I tell people here the same thing about grocery stores when they complain about needing another one. You can start any business you want, nobody is stopping you.