O.T.: Decav’s Been Saved By Christ!

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: O.T.: Decav’s Been Saved By Christ!

Post by CITYSLICKER »

VAMPIE, U AINT GOT NO SOUL BUT YOU ARE A DAMN INTERESTING IMP, PINKY AINT A BELIEVER BUT I BELIEVE IN HIM, U CRAZY DORMAT FAN

669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

True.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Ah! Thank you SLICK. I'm filtering your message through mental charcoal. I feel the love.

Now you have to admit. We were chatting about faith a few months ago. You told me that you didn't believe in God but if that I thought I did and I wanted to pray for your boy and he got better then you'd believe in God.

That's all I'm saying.

It ain't got nothing to do with this thread even. That's just a topic that popped into my mind when you didn't come at me with a cross (which won't work now. You had your chance.)

Am I lying?

Did I pray for him?

If you mean did I kneel down and say words like I was going to say before dinner? No.

Did I worry and hope for him? All the time. If I ever bring it up it's because it's on my mind. The only other explanation is just a little woo woo.

I hope you measure the level of praying people are doing not only by their posts and concerns but also all the thoughts had for him that you'll never know about. Maybe that's what a prayer is.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I think I've discovered the mental operation that has been plaguing us for a few thousand years? The psychological equivalent of dividing by zero.

Or the axiom "1=0".

As a matter of fact I just googled this so I wouldn't be inventing or reinterpreting the public's thoughts.

Google "Christ Son Of God" and this is the next statement.

Now you computer programmers, tell me what happens if you feed the following kind of statement into your program...

"Jesus is called the "son of God," and followers of Jesus are called, "sons of God."

Therein lies the key I think.

I've been struggling with this for 50 years now. I've been wrestling with it and unwilling to lie about it or pretend. I never minded performing the rituals with solemnity but I never exaggerated my response to it. It was always genuine even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

"Are you saved?"

It was never a question I felt comfortable being asked.

I got saved recently. My really smart friends and family members are completely mystified, they don’t know what to think, and they have thousands of questions.

The rest of them are unbelievably happy, probably couldn’t even tell me why, and find it surprisingly hard to believe.

I'll say that last part again. My Christian friends are finding it hard to believe that Christ saved me.

That's a fking clue. (Is there a joke there? A comedian who has a disclaimer that he uses the word "Fking" in his show. Not the dirty word. Just the word "Fking".)

It’s a weird phase. Got saved. Sounds like you wanted something, behaved as if you wanted it and, and got it.

“I got the new Metallica album.”

….or something you didn’t want, behaved as if you wanted to get it and got it.

“I got herpes.”

“I got COVID.”

I got “saved” sounds kind of Macheavellian to me. Like you set the whole thing up. Like you sat your whole house on fire just in time for your hot neighbor to get home from work and rescue you. Some of you are trying to picture my neighbor now. Most of you are picturing a hot, gay fireman. Some of you are picturing a hot, straight, fireman.

Some of you are picturing a hot, straight fireWOMAN.

Some of you are picturing a hot, gay fireWOMAN.

Nobody is picturing my buddy who wanted to become a hero and offered me $5000 to set my house on fire so he could put it out and get on TV and become a reality star. I mean he wasn’t serious. I’m just saying nobody is picturing him.

I think “gayman” should be a word. Nobody wants to grow up to be “a gay man.”

We have a “layman.” He’s not a “lay man”. There’s no such thing. A Gayman sounds like a promotion. A confirmation. An official joining of a society.

There could be a society. A diploma. A bumper sticker like the rotary club.

“I just became a Gayman. I’ve just accepted my Gaymanship.”

“A Gay Man” should be a gay man.

“A Gayman” would be someone who was brave enough to step forward.

Like Sir Ian Mckellan.

Ever notice there aren’t gender specific titles in the medical field? No Hospitalmen. No one is a doctorman or nurseman. Their Lexicon is already gender neutral and fair. Maybe because we’ve always had more women taking care of us than men when it came to our health.

I got saved.

Sounds like something you could get arrested for.

“I got rescued” doesn’t have that problem. Logically it should but we don’t think about it.

“I don’t think we’re going to get rescued” doesn’t sound like the words of any Bond villain I ever heard of.

Sounds like something someone says in the movie WAY after it’s too late to do any planning about it.

So I guess the phrase maybe is I was saved? Except that that implies I already was so why would I declare that I was or I am.

Maybe I’ve been chasing something all my life that was right in my hands.

Peace out Billy!

I saw your comment about catching a Dorman game. You just name the one and I’ll take you to dinner.

I’ll be worrying about and hoping for your son.

P.S.

This letter started out being a piece of stand up material I'm working on to fulfill a dare my friend and I just made about signing up.

And then it became a letter to you.

Odd how that works.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Once again my Christian friends surprise me.

I see the only other person willing to engage in this conversation is a poster described by many for years as the Devil incarnate. Or the Marylin Manson of atheist posters. Just the boogey man or a guy in a scary mask.

I mean it surprises me on one level but then again not on another.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Hmmm.

ABORTION AND GUNS!

AND.....GO!!!!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

“The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exsist.” :?

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

OK.
Attachments
tfg3.jpg
tfg3.jpg (28 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Haha.
Attachments
tfg4.jpg
tfg4.jpg (62.16 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!