9 Yr Old Dies from Covid

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

9 Yr Old Dies from Covid

Post by spectator »

A high school friend of mine lost her 9 yr old nephew to covid yesterday. He was a passionate football player. How many of our children will anti-vaxers kill before this madness ends?

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: 9 Yr Old Dies from Covid

Post by Penguin »

As of August 31st, these are the numbers for the Beaufort County School District:

Last week, 1 out of every 9 students was in quarantine.
2566 students and 66 staff members were quarantined.
434 confirmed Covid-19 cases were reported.
Entire classrooms at some schools are under quarantine.

I am not a doctor and have no magic wand to make it all go away. I will just say that these numbers are unsustainable. Something will have to change or we will have some of the same outcomes as mentioned above.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Horry county 10k quarantined DD2 5k.
Im all for personal freedoms.
But this aint working .masks mandate and hand sanitizer at every classroom .
I believe this woukd make a world of difference.
We are at a tipping point .the delta variant is lighting fast .
We are learning tbat the hardway.

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »

South Carolina now leads the nation in Covid infections per capita..........what a disgrace...........get vaccinated people..............our kid's lives are at stake here..........

Coach125
Gaffney Indians

Post by Coach125 »

I get it but the problem comes when you give an inch on personal freedom the government will take a mile. That will just open the door. I personally don’t feel like I need vaccinated but I’m all for everyone getting it who wants it. Me being unvaccinated doesn’t hurt the vaccinated. It is odd that a child that old died of COVID. You don’t hear that happening often. Praying for the family.

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

spectator wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:54 pm
South Carolina now leads the nation in Covid infections per capita..........what a disgrace...........get vaccinated people..............our kid's lives are at stake here..........
I'm over the whole thing. I've had it, don't want it again, but I'm over all of it. I had a lady yell at me last week for walking in a gas station without a mask because "you might have covid, I could catch it and die." Same lady was buying 2 cartons of smokes. Don't yell at me and act like you care about your health while buying 2 cartons of smokes and smelling like a 4 year old ash tray.

I didn't catch it until I started wearing a mask. I think it's because people kept their distance when I didn't have the mask. Once I started wearing it, people started getting closer and closer.

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »

Coach125 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:45 pm
I get it but the problem comes when you give an inch on personal freedom the government will take a mile. That will just open the door. I personally don’t feel like I need vaccinated but I’m all for everyone getting it who wants it. Me being unvaccinated doesn’t hurt the vaccinated. It is odd that a child that old died of COVID. You don’t hear that happening often. Praying for the family.
If you are unvaccinated you are 26 times more likely to become infected which makes you 26 times more likely of infecting a child, there is no way around our responsibility to our children here, we must get vaccinated or be willingly putting children's lives in danger.................it is what it is................

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »

bigdog2003 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:50 pm
spectator wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:54 pm
I'm over the whole thing. I've had it, don't want it again, but I'm over all of it. I had a lady yell at me last week for walking in a gas station without a mask because "you might have covid, I could catch it and die." Same lady was buying 2 cartons of smokes. Don't yell at me and act like you care about your health while buying 2 cartons of smokes and smelling like a 4 year old ash tray.

I didn't catch it until I started wearing a mask. I think it's because people kept their distance when I didn't have the mask. Once I started wearing it, people started getting closer and closer.
what i said to Coach.............

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

Sorry that child died. But as one said before, very rare at that age. I don't know what it is, but suddenly we are living in a zero risk averse society. Thousands upon thousands have died from the regular flu every year. Are we going to crank up the lock down machine every time a new flu breaks out? And oddly enough, one would have thought that the percentage of people that died last year would have spiked last year. But it didn't. Rate matched the previous ten years. That alone tells you something is going on. But now we have gotten to the point in the school's where if a person gets within 10 yards of another person they are put in quarantine. Totally ridiculous.

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »