Halt the season and play in the Spring

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: Halt the season and play in the Spring

Post by 96fanatic »

I am 74 got my 2nd vaccine back on Feb 23rd
and i will get the booster when approved in Sept.
Looks like this virus is here for the long run.
A couple of my friends got the vaccine about
the same time i did and now have covid. so far
they have not had to go to the hospital.Self Regional
here in Greenwood is almost full.most of the patients
are younger people with covid that have not been vaccinated.
i watched the news this morning and this seems to be
the trend at all the hospitals.The doctors are begging
people to be vaccinated.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

96fanatic wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:59 pm
I am 74 got my 2nd vaccine back on Feb 23rd
and i will get the booster when approved in Sept.
Looks like this virus is here for the long run.
A couple of my friends got the vaccine about
the same time i did and now have covid. so far
they have not had to go to the hospital.Self Regional
here in Greenwood is almost full.most of the patients
are younger people with covid that have not been vaccinated.
i watched the news this morning and this seems to be
the trend at all the hospitals.The doctors are begging
people to be vaccinated.In the paper this morning it said
Greenwood school district 50 has almost 900 students and faculty
out sick with covid or in quarentinei am surprised that as of this morning no
football games have been cancelled.
Last edited by 96fanatic on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I treated it just like any other medical condition. When my BLOOD PRESSURE was continually higher than normal, I didn't listen to politicians, Facebook or other Social Media... I talked to my doctor. I did the same thing with the COVID vaccine. I talked to my doctor. She told me the facts as she knew them and I took the J&J vaccine. Why are we treating this any differently than any other medical issue? Just talk to your doctor and forget the other stuff. If your doctor recommended you take a pill for your blood pressure, did you go on Facebook or this site to ask other folks?

Now I took my shot and yet, I still have many questions:

Why doesn't anyone die from the flu any more? Hundreds of thousands die from the flu every year, except 2020 and 2021.

With a survival rate of 98.9%, why are we acting so crazy? We didn't act this way for the flu which as I mentioned above, killed hundreds of thousands a year.

Why are they pushing this vaccine without long term studies?

As someone else mentioned above, sterility & population control is a solid concern that has been raised.

Why are we having lotteries, give aways, etc to get people to take an untested vaccine?

Why are there so many different versions of "THE TRUTH" floating around?

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

have not seen a vaccine thread yet that didn't turn ugly

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

Onion Rings wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:05 pm
have not seen a vaccine thread yet that didn't turn ugly
You are correct about that!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Everyone should make their own choice. But that choice about public safety and how things affect other people, should be an informed choice. Your doctor who you trust with your health, would be a great source to obtain an informed choice through. Your myriad of Facebook and Facetime friends, your Tic-Toc Follwers, and your twitter twits, would be an example of an uninformed decision.

Children under 12 cannot be vaccinated at this time, so they should be wearing a mask while in close contact with others. Common sense. If we cannot make our schools safe for our children, then we need to go back to remote learning.

While there are lots of instances of what-if this, or what-if that, out there, there is also some really important data as well. Comparing high vaccination areas to low vaccination areas would be a good place to start. Studying what happened at Sturgis is yet another great data set.

No vaccine is 100% effective, and one size doesn't always fit all. As for long term studies, well, we are talking about one calender year from the onset of the virus until the first vaccines. Not many long term studies can be done in the course of just 1 calender year. If the vaccine were to save only one life, it would be worth it.

Now then, I must bring up those "really special" folks who won't take the vaccine because they don't know what is in it, yet they have tried sticking light bulbs in their rear ends, drinking bleach and other toxic chemicals, and now they are willing to take horse de-worming medicine. While I was in school, those folks had a "special" short bus that they rode on, and crayons that were ingestible. Thankfully, we took their leader out of elected office last November. Yet the busses continue to roll.

I have one simple solution to this problem. For all those unvaccinated people who contract the disease, refuse medical treatment. If modern science isn't good enough as a preventative, then it sure shouldn't be used as a treatment. I see that doctors, nurses, and even hospittals and clinics, have adopted this approach. Professor Darwin is hard at work before your very eyes. Not always those who are the smartest, but those most willing to adapt, will live on.

As a very wise man said last week, if you aren't going to help solve this problem, at least have the decency to get out of the way and let those trying, do their jobs, do them.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

eagle93 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:28 pm
Or what if we do nothing and it kills most of the world? People have to stop playing politics with this stuff. As far as causing cancer most folks don't have a problem eating this or doing that which has been proving to cause cancer. It's kinda an ironic statement.
I had a lady scream at me at the gas station a few weeks ago for not having a mask on because I could have covid, give it to her, and she could die. This was while she was buying her 2 cartons of cigarettes she told the cashier were for the weekend.

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

No. Everybody needs to put their big boy panties on and "get busy living, or get busy dying", as Morgan Freeman said in Shawshank Redemption. Is there a virus out there? Yes. But there is a 99% recovery percentage. And most that do pass had underlying conditions that were often self induced. Obesity, smoking, etc., all which can be controlled by personal choices, play a huge part. And let's not forget the political, and financial games, that play into this. Big Pharma, and a lot of folks in DC are making bank on the vaccines. Vaccines that it now appears aren't as effective as promised. Now if folks want to continue to wear masks continously, go ahead. Move to the basement and pray at the alter of Fauci. If it isn't the Delta variant, I promise you they will come up with another variant to take its place. Life isn't a zero risk averse adventure. What do we do? Just shut down forever? And since nobody gets the regular old flu anymore, that used to kill thousands upon thousands every year, do we just automatically lock down the country when that pops up next?

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »

Blister wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:33 pm
No. Everybody needs to put their big boy panties on and "get busy living, or get busy dying", as Morgan Freeman said in Shawshank Redemption. Is there a virus out there? Yes. But there is a 99% recovery percentage. And most that do pass had underlying conditions that were often self induced. Obesity, smoking, etc., all which can be controlled by personal choices, play a huge part. And let's not forget the political, and financial games, that play into this. Big Pharma, and a lot of folks in DC are making bank on the vaccines. Vaccines that it now appears aren't as effective as promised. Now if folks want to continue to wear masks continously, go ahead. Move to the basement and pray at the alter of Fauci. If it isn't the Delta variant, I promise you they will come up with another variant to take its place. Life isn't a zero risk averse adventure. What do we do? Just shut down forever? And since nobody gets the regular old flu anymore, that used to kill thousands upon thousands every year, do we just automatically lock down the country when that pops up next?
This virus has killed almost twice as many americans as WW2..............nuff said.............

Coach125
Gaffney Indians

Post by Coach125 »

Looks as if spectator is a liberal troll implanted here to force someone’s opinion. With a 98% survival rate I can’t see pulling the fire alarm like this spectator lunatic. The fact is if you wear anything other than a N95 Mask then you are a complete moron and a sheep. These little mask you are wearing will not stop the China Virus from spreading. Good luck and god speed.