Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
Football_Fan
No Team Affiliation

Re: SCHL Failure in leadership

Post by Football_Fan »

Penguin wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:01 pm
Region games are different than on-region games. What is beig overlooked here, is that School Districts control extra-corricular activities. With Beaufort, it is the Beaufort County School District that must approve our games. Should our District office deem playing Effingham County this week to be unsafe, or a break in protocols, it won't be played and Beaufort High has no say in that.

Just because a game is set to be played on paper, that does not override the necessity for safety precautions and measures to be in place in order for the gae to proceed. If my son were playing, I would demand no less from those charged with making that decision. I could cre less if the game were played, or not, if safety precauions were being ignored and my son was bing put into a stuation where his health and well-being were being completely ignored just so a football gae was played.

This disease is real, and people, including children, re dying from it. Pretending anything less is not being resposible. We can all get past this mess, but not by pretending that it isn't real, oor that it is harmless. The sooner that we alll realize that, the sooner that we can get back to a somewhat normal way of life.

Nobody here wats to see some good football games any more than I do. But I would rather miss them all than to have to see the grieving parents of just 1 dead child because of a game being plaed that shouldn't have. Please stop having to blame other people and just do what you can control. If we all do that, we will all see more games this year than we did last year.

I agree.

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

Penguin wrote:
Region games are different than on-region games. What is beig overlooked here, is that School Districts control extra-corricular activities. With Beaufort, it is the Beaufort County School District that must approve our games. Should our District office deem playing Effingham County this week to be unsafe, or a break in protocols, it won't be played and Beaufort High has no say in that.

Just because a game is set to be played on paper, that does not override the necessity for safety precautions and measures to be in place in order for the gae to proceed. If my son were playing, I would demand no less from those charged with making that decision. I could cre less if the game were played, or not, if safety precauions were being ignored and my son was bing put into a stuation where his health and well-being were being completely ignored just so a football gae was played.

This disease is real, and people, including children, re dying from it. Pretending anything less is not being resposible. We can all get past this mess, but not by pretending that it isn't real, oor that it is harmless. The sooner that we alll realize that, the sooner that we can get back to a somewhat normal way of life.

Nobody here wats to see some good football games any more than I do. But I would rather miss them all than to have to see the grieving parents of just 1 dead child because of a game being plaed that shouldn't have. Please stop having to blame other people and just do what you can control. If we all do that, we will all see more games this year than we did last year.
all good points Pengy, but the hsl could give all of the districts a set of universal guidelines about when to cancel and when to play

School A has cases and is playing. School B has cases and is not

Is having 1 player test positive enough to call the game off or no?

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

The Board Of Education is a political entity. They are charged with making the decisions on player safety. I will pretend that I am on said BOE. There is no way that I will put my future or my family's security on the line to play a football game that has someone involved that does not qualify according to health protocols. To do so, would be akin to playing Russian Roulette.

Everyone here, myself included, is frustrated and does not undersand what is going on with these cancellations. There is no way that this is happening in a vacuum. Because it is not just one school, or even just a few schools, leads me to believe that something unseen is driving these decisions. In the name of safety for all involved, I am willing to abide by those decisions and allow those charged with making them, to make them. Somehow, the true reasons will be made public soon enough. There will be plenty of time at that point, to hold those making them, accountable, or thanking them for their willingness to do the right thing in the face of pressures to stand down.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and perhaps we can all agree that choices could have been made before now, that would be making all of this moot. Creating an untennable situation, then standing back and complaining about it, kind of minimizes the complaints, whether justified, or not.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »

Penguin wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:59 pm
The Board Of Education is a political entity. They are charged with making the decisions on player safety. I will pretend that I am on said BOE. There is no way that I will put my future or my family's security on the line to play a football game that has someone involved that does not qualify according to health protocols. To do so, would be akin to playing Russian Roulette.

Everyone here, myself included, is frustrated and does not undersand what is going on with these cancellations. There is no way that this is happening in a vacuum. Because it is not just one school, or even just a few schools, leads me to believe that something unseen is driving these decisions. In the name of safety for all involved, I am willing to abide by those decisions and allow those charged with making them, to make them. Somehow, the true reasons will be made public soon enough. There will be plenty of time at that point, to hold those making them, accountable, or thanking them for their willingness to do the right thing in the face of pressures to stand down.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and perhaps we can all agree that choices could have been made before now, that would be making all of this moot. Creating an untennable situation, then standing back and complaining about it, kind of minimizes the complaints, whether justified, or not.
I absolutely agree with you............i spent years on the school board and here is what has changed since last year.............last year we were dealing with the alpha strain of coronavirus which did not infect a single student in the entire country..............it infected mainly older people like my mother who died from coronavirus last august...........now we are facing the delta strain which infects and kills people of all ages...........2 different worlds............this is life or death for everyone now and we still have a lot of idiots who think playing games with t5his killer is the way to go............until these people come t0o their senses and get vaccinated, uncertainty will continue to rule..............it is what it is..............

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Penguin wrote:

Disease aside theres never been uniformity by the highschool league from simple to difficult .
The schedule shoukd be and us definitely in thier wheelhouse . If not then what in the heck are they there for
We do not need a set of do nothings .

We have seen them bend rules for certain schools over the years ect .
They are supposed to be the governing body .either govern
Or disapate .