SCHL Failure in leadership

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

SCHL Failure in leadership

Post by Fortfor5 »

Some conferences go to all conferences games twice some dont.such BS.all or none to many schools are getting screwed.you should be required to hold your obligations. Adjust on the fly .
This is exactly where the schl shoukd be doing they're job.
Absolutely piss poor leadership or lack there of.
Either all or none .dumbest crap i have ever seen.

WhoDat
No Team Affiliation

Re: SCHL Failure in leadership

Post by WhoDat »

Fortfor5 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:36 pm
Some conferences go to all conferences games twice some dont.such BS.all or none to many schools are getting screwed.you should be required to hold your obligations. Adjust on the fly .
This is exactly where the schl shoukd be doing they're job.
Absolutely piss poor leadership or lack there of.
Either all or none .dumbest crap i have ever seen.
This corrupt entity has long needed an overhaul. If you’re not in the “in-crowd” you’re not getting anything. From Jereome to the Executive Committee, they are never consistent and play favorites more often than not.
Couldn’t find a meter, but here’s 4 bucks!

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

There has ever been any real leadership out of the SCHSL from Jerome and his minions?

Itsmeoclock21
Myrtle Beach Seahawks

Post by Itsmeoclock21 »

Seems like they’re enjoying the GAG order they placed on the coaches.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Let's at least attempt to be honest about covid and what it did to last season and what it is doing to this season. At least, last year, our school systems had some control of how covid is handled. This year, this state has allowed a political hack to control health and human services. School districts may only respond to outbreaks, not do anything to prevent them.

Asking a non-affiliated body to step up and try to govern this mess is disingenious at best. How can the SCHSL do anything to control any of this? Any of you healthcare experts may want to contact DHEC or some other department and help lead them through this mess. I can assure every one of you that the playing of football games is not very high up on their list of priorities during this mess.

Yes, we all want to see meaningful football games, but not at the expense of the safety of our children, the parents, coaches, and administrators of our schools. Somewhere down the line, we have to choose someone to trust. So far, that person has not stood up to be recognized. The lessons learned last season are long forgotten, and now we are paying the price once more. How many more football seasons will be destroyed before we decide to make honest, informed, intelligent decisions, as far as our health and well being are concerned? How long before we decide to elect people to lead our state who actually care about us, and not just themselves? Asking Jerome Singleton to solve the covid-19 problem is wrong on so any levels. Holding him accountable for what he does control, is another topic.

I won't pretend to have the answers to this problem, but I am definiely smart enough to be vaccinated instead of taking horse de-wormer. And I won't allow myself to use political positions to justify my healtcare choices either.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Penguin wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:04 pm
And I won't allow myself to use political positions to justify my healtcare choices either.
That is the KEY POINT!

I spoke with MY doctor about MY healthcare status and MY options based on MY medical history and current status.

MY choice was made based on My conversation with MY doctor, not politicians, not Facebook, not the media and absolutely not White House mandates, I took the Johnson & Johnson shot (the one and done).

Don't listen to anyone for or against the shot other than someone that you trust with your every day medical care. I mean, it was should I listen to the person who monitors my semi-annual blood work, checking numerous results and has taken care of me for years or those idiots on Facebook, the media, politicians with agendas or Honest Joe? That took a whole .0000000000000001 seconds.

Once you put the politics and other junk aside, it's no different than any other medical issue.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

yeah, no way the high school league could control the covid situation. They are pretty much powerless to tell schools what they should be doing as far as health decisions

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Onion Rings wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:14 am
yeah, no way the high school league could control the covid situation. They are pretty much powerless to tell schools what they should be doing as far as health decisions
I men3y as far as scheduling games conferences.
Not healthcare parts i wouldn't let them power a flea mobile around a fruitloop.
As in your schedule is set .adjust as needed .
All conferences do things uniform . NOt some here some there. Quarantined adjust as needled .but full meltdown is ridiculous.
Some conferences decide to play just thier own conference. Wich affects many other schools.
Your still playing your still on the field.
Either play or dont .
Everyone get on the same page .thats where thr schl
Should step in in the scheduling aspects.

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

Fortfor5 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:23 am
Onion Rings wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:14 am
I men3y as far as scheduling games conferences.
Not healthcare parts i wouldn't let them power a flea mobile around a fruitloop.
As in your schedule is set .adjust as needed .
All conferences do things uniform . NOt some here some there. Quarantined adjust as needled .but full meltdown is ridiculous.
Some conferences decide to play just thier own conference. Wich affects many other schools.
Your still playing your still on the field.
Either play or dont .
Everyone get on the same page .thats where thr schl
Should step in in the scheduling aspects.
agree that every region should have the same procedures for getting their games in. That should be in place already, so yeah

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Region games are different than on-region games. What is beig overlooked here, is that School Districts control extra-corricular activities. With Beaufort, it is the Beaufort County School District that must approve our games. Should our District office deem playing Effingham County this week to be unsafe, or a break in protocols, it won't be played and Beaufort High has no say in that.

Just because a game is set to be played on paper, that does not override the necessity for safety precautions and measures to be in place in order for the gae to proceed. If my son were playing, I would demand no less from those charged with making that decision. I could cre less if the game were played, or not, if safety precauions were being ignored and my son was bing put into a stuation where his health and well-being were being completely ignored just so a football gae was played.

This disease is real, and people, including children, re dying from it. Pretending anything less is not being resposible. We can all get past this mess, but not by pretending that it isn't real, oor that it is harmless. The sooner that we alll realize that, the sooner that we can get back to a somewhat normal way of life.

Nobody here wats to see some good football games any more than I do. But I would rather miss them all than to have to see the grieving parents of just 1 dead child because of a game being plaed that shouldn't have. Please stop having to blame other people and just do what you can control. If we all do that, we will all see more games this year than we did last year.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!