Data Discrepancy makes you wonder why they are canceling games??

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Data Discrepancy makes you wonder why they are canceling games??

Post by Damefan »

In a review of the SCDHEC website of all the schools that had canceled games, it was interesting the number of schools that showed ZERO to less than 5 cases of COVID in their school reported. Somebody is either hiding numbers or there is some explaining that needs to be done since the numbers are reported every Tuesday and Friday.

https://scdhec.gov/covid19/resources-co ... f-students

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Re: Data Discrepancy makes you wonder why they are canceling games??

Post by bigdog2003 »

Exposure can lead to cancellations. Doesn't have to be positive test results. With that said, I do agree with you that it looks strange to have so many games cancelled with the data on that site.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Damefan wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:30 pm
In a review of the SCDHEC website of all the schools that had canceled games, it was interesting the number of schools that showed ZERO to less than 5 cases of COVID in their school reported. Somebody is either hiding numbers or there is some explaining that needs to be done since the numbers are reported every Tuesday and Friday.

Can i barrow this post?

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

Fortfor5 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:09 pm
Damefan wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:30 pm

Can i barrow this post?
I have no issue. I just found it interesting the schools such as Dutch Fork that reported cases and played and teams like Airport, or Goose Creek that didn't have any reported couldn't play. 17 games according to the scoreboard were canceled last week not to mention jamborees that might have been originally scheduled. These are just a couple of examples that make me think about the debacle in the counting of cases in Florida. I know of 2 other situations where there are uncounted cases in two schools where whole classrooms are currently in quarantine (unknown how many are actually infected) but I promised to keep them to myself at this time.

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

as stated in another thread. What is the criteria for canceling, and who makes the decision? Don't think this has been addressed anywhere

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

Onion Rings wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:05 pm
as stated in another thread. What is the criteria for canceling, and who makes the decision? Don't think this has been addressed anywhere
So true! SMH

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Re: Game Cancellations - Week 1

Post by Damefan »

SCPrepTalk wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:06 am
Airport vs. Brookland-Cayce cancelled
Yet Airport and BC both reported ZERO COVID cases this past Friday!!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: Game Cancellations - Week 1

Post by Penguin »

Damefan wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:04 pm
SCPrepTalk wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:06 am
Airport vs. Brookland-Cayce cancelled
Yet Airport and BC both reported ZERO COVID cases this past Friday!!

That list does not reflect quarantine protocols. All that it takes is one person in a locker room to be in close contact with a non vaccinated person who has been in close proximety to someone with a positive test.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Itsmeoclock21
Myrtle Beach Seahawks

Why are so many games being cancelled

Post by Itsmeoclock21 »

Who is making these decisions to play or not to play. Some of this don’t make any sense. Students will be exposed to other students everyday. Like we all fall down like toy soldiers

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

And this is a virus with a 99% recovery rate. Notice how nobody has the normal old flu anymore? Players and fans are in more mortal danger driving back and forth to the game. But a political decision has been made that we need to live in a bubble and be zero risk averse. And this has turned into a political football that has as much to do with control as the virus itself. And we all know that administrators in education are first in line to be PC sheep.