year round school

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: year round school

Post by Penguin »

Yep, forget about progress. 1940 here we come. SMH
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

are we talking minimum wage or year round school?

as far as year round school goes, why not try it? Old ways not working in this district so try something else. Don't think we need to make the school calendar with an emphasis on how many 2 a day practices the football team can have

these teams can and do practice year round. The number of practices these players today attend would double what we all did in high school

off season "conditioning", 7 on 7, football class during the school day. If a team is not practicing enough, they are not trying to

Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Colbyc36 »

Onion Rings wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:31 am

as far as year round school goes, why not try it? Old ways not working in this district so try something else. Don't think we need to make the school calendar with an emphasis on how many 2 a day practices the football team can have

these teams can and do practice year round. The number of practices these players today attend would double what we all did in high school

off season "conditioning", 7 on 7, football class during the school day. If a team is not practicing enough, they are not trying to
Minimum wage and school directly correlate.
"We opened the door to everyone. Its over."
-Tom Knotts

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

Colbyc36 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:44 pm
Onion Rings wrote:

minimum wage and football practice do not correlate and I thought that was the topic. Practice opportunities in a year round school calendar

Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Colbyc36 »

Onion Rings wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:32 pm
Colbyc36 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:44 pm
Onion Rings wrote:

minimum wage and football practice do not correlate and I thought that was the topic. Practice opportunities in a year round school calendar
Correct, but the title of the thread says nothing of "football practice"....
-Tom Knotts

CoachC61
No Team Affiliation

Post by CoachC61 »

Well said SF Dad! If you bump the minimum wages up to $15.00/hr then you will further destroy the peoples drive to excel and make better of themselves! Then throw on top of that government bailouts then they become dependent on the government. Colleges and universities are making a living off of useless degrees, we need to take our schools back to making what they teach relevant to making our young people want to make something of themselves, you don't need a college degree to be successful, you need drive and determination. Like my grandma use to tell me "I will give you a hand up not a hand out". We need hand ups and get everyone going in the right direction and cut out the hand outs except for the truly needy and even then we need to train them to help them be successful. Year round schooling has a lot of benefits and we need to get out of this antiquated school year and become proactive!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

CoachC61 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:10 am
Well said SF Dad! If you bump the minimum wages up to $15.00/hr then you will further destroy the peoples drive to excel and make better of themselves! Then throw on top of that government bailouts then they become dependent on the government. Colleges and universities are making a living off of useless degrees, we need to take our schools back to making what they teach relevant to making our young people want to make something of themselves, you don't need a college degree to be successful, you need drive and determination. Like my grandma use to tell me "I will give you a hand up not a hand out". We need hand ups and get everyone going in the right direction and cut out the hand outs except for the truly needy and even then we need to train them to help them be successful. Year round schooling has a lot of benefits and we need to get out of this antiquated school year and become proactive!
So people suffering and struggling is your idea of the American way. I see where you are coming from. The old saying that a rising tide floats all boats means nothing to you. One of those who must feel superior to someone else to make yourself feel important. Slavery must never die! You forget that those at the lower end economically having more disposable income creates more jnobs and opportunities, but hey, if someone else isn't suffering, you can't have your jollies. You are a true American. Stand tall and proud so that you can urinate on your neighbors.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Colbyc36 »

Penguin wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:50 pm
CoachC61 wrote:
So people suffering and struggling is your idea of the American way. I see where you are coming from. The old saying that a rising tide floats all boats means nothing to you. One of those who must feel superior to someone else to make yourself feel important. Slavery must never die! You forget that those at the lower end economically having more disposable income creates more jnobs and opportunities, but hey, if someone else isn't suffering, you can't have your jollies. You are a true American. Stand tall and proud so that you can urinate on your neighbors.
Why not donate all of your worldly possessions to the needy? The things you worked hard to acquire? It's a start, right?
What part of economics do you not get? If one has to pay an employee more ...one has to charge more for the product that they offer. You sound like AOC. Grandiose ideas....with no way to financially sustain them.

There are some "needy" people that can use your car, can use your house, can use what's in your fridge ..you Feelin' spunky enough to let them use it? Bet you wouldn't let them "use" that cheeseburger. Hypocrite.

What say you big fellow?
-Tom Knotts

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

Penguin wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:50 pm
CoachC61 wrote:
We have developed a society where many think they are owed a certain standard of living just because they are drawing a breath. Now I am all for helping those that cannot help themselves. But many of the folks doing the majority of the complaining are folks that put themselves in their condition by making bad choices. They didn't take their opportunity to get an education seriously, and even when older, have don't nothing to improve themselves. They have few work, or people, skills to impress any employer. Been through a fast food restaurant recently? Not only do some I encountered not deserve 15 per hour, they don't actually earn whatever minimum wage they are currently collecting. I don't mind helping anyone that truly needs it, but if one has an able body, and an able mind, then the lot in life they find themselves were most often a result of their own decisions.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Yet the conservative motto is give welfare to huge corporations in the form of tax relief and subsidies. All so that the CEOs can have 3 Villas on the French Riviera, 7 Yachts, one for each day of the week, and crap in golden toilets. Your concern over what the poorer class may get in the form of economic help is hypocrisy at it's finest.

America has Trillions of dollars to spend per year on bombing and killing people who do not look like us, talk like us, or most importantly, belong to the same cult as us. We give Billions of dollars to Israel every year and they have Socialized Medicine. We allow our sickest to die because we can't afford for them to get medical help. So don't EVEN try to tell me about people on the economic bottom not getting the financial help that they deserve. Until this country stops wasting Trillions of dollars per year, we can, and must, help everyone in this country that needs it REGARDLESS of choices, lifestyles, or job titles.