*No Politics please.
96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

year round school

Post by 96fanatic »

School districts in Greenwood are starting back on July 22nd
Greenwood,Emerald,96,Ware shoals.Are any other school districts
doing the same.I sent the 96 athletic director a message and ask
when will football practice start.Anyone know how this will work.
I guess 2 a day practice is out.

CoachC61
No Team Affiliation

Re: year round school

Post by CoachC61 »

If they are starting school July 22, there are some adjustments they can make , this might be really good for them.

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Why are they starting back up on July 22?

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

Deputy wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:50 pm
Why are they starting back up on July 22?
they are trying the year round schedule.9 weeks of school
and then 2 weeks off.Makes no sense to me.A lot of parents
are not happy. Football practice starts July 30th.

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Our tax dollars at work with more of the genius of the folks in charge in the educational system. I am afraid common sense left town long ago.

FBCoach843
No Team Affiliation

Post by FBCoach843 »

Florence One School District is going year round next year. Teachers come back July 22nd. I think this could be a good honestly.

CoachC61
No Team Affiliation

Post by CoachC61 »

I believe that year round schooling could be very beneficial for everyone involved. We have been living the past with our traditional school year. As an educator and coach I can see a lot of benefits to year round schooling.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

The primary objective of schooling is not to play sports. Let's not forget that. Football is not what education is for. Check the percentages of High School kids who wind up in the NFL.

I am no proponent of year round schooling, but a quick glance at how this state stacks up in education is a major red flag that changes are necessary. What those changes are is up for debate, but the status quo doesn't work. If it's broken, try to fix it. In a hole? Then stop digging.

I am not qualified to offer my opinions on how to better educate our youth, but some of the answers lie with more parental involvement. A very tough nut to crack here.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Penguin wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:58 pm
The primary objective of schooling is not to play sports. Let's not forget that. Football is not what education is for. Check the percentages of High School kids who wind up in the NFL.

I am no proponent of year round schooling, but a quick glance at how this state stacks up in education is a major red flag that changes are necessary. What those changes are is up for debate, but the status quo doesn't work. If it's broken, try to fix it. In a hole? Then stop digging.

I am not qualified to offer my opinions on how to better educate our youth, but some of the answers lie with more parental involvement. A very tough nut to crack here.
Yep good portion is parental .i dont agree with some of the current curriculum. Kids are coming out of highschool still not functional in the real world.
As for the athletic side we have a class for our athletes on how to budget time and money ect once a week.
Which i find very beneficial due ti lack of parenting in some households.
This should br a semester course in highschool period.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Fortfor5 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:12 pm
Penguin wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:58 pm

Yep good portion is parental .i dont agree with some of the current curriculum. Kids are coming out of highschool still not functional in the real world.
As for the athletic side we have a class for our athletes on how to budget time and money ect once a week.
Which i find very beneficial due ti lack of parenting in some households.
This should br a semester course in highschool period.
Part of the real world problem, is that education has not kept pace with societal changes. Our kids are being taught how to be slaves to the Oligarchy. America needs to be so much more than a service oriented workforce. On the worldwide stage, we have been surpassed by most other mechanized nations. Technology has passed us by because what is being taught is yesterday's norm. Big busines needs it's worker bees. They are behind the rrsistance to change. College grads don't become Walmart Associates. And most of our high tech jobs have been shipped overseas by the Oligarchs because they can get them done there on the cheap. This whole mess is a top-down catastrophe. We are still living in a time where the minimum wage is $7.25. Given how the cost of EVERYTHING else in this country has risen, why haven't wages? Honestly, I don't see an answer coming anythime soon.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!