What has America become?

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Re: What has America become?

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

DeCav wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:59 am
cavaliereagle wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:18 am

If you go before Congress and lie, you will be charged. They will lie like a rug while you're there. Remember Schiff saying he had proof of Russian collusion? Prime example. I agree with the commentary.
Yeah, agreed. I might have been remiss in my comments. Was Schiff under oath when he said he had proof of Russian collusion? Or was he just orating on the House floor? Big difference.
In a technically legally prosecutorial status, it is different. However, in a real world, life status, there is no difference. As a member of Congress, his actions when orating on the House Floor or in Committee or under oath should be the same! His comments have weight simply due to his status and standing and his actions should always be taken as if he is under oath. As my elected representative; he better remember those words if he wants my vote in the future!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

DeCav wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:41 pm
You guys have a perfect point, of course. No argument there. If they have black history month, then why not have a white history month?
I have a better option for you...

Stop having anything that focusses on ways we are different and focus on ways we are alike. Instead of a NAACP let's have the National Association for the Advancement of ALL People. I have no problem with Black History Month, Women's History Month, for the most part, history has a place in our lives for those who never learn from history are bound to repeat it; but we spend too much time focused on ways to separate us rather than unite us.

Think about it for a microsecond and you will see what I mean.... at any chance, the media pits us against each other. Blacks -vs- Whites, republican -vs- democrats, liberal -vs- conservative, protestants -vs- catholics, evangelicals -vs- athesists and hundreds of years later we even still hear the North -vs- the South. It's everywhere in our lives! Rarely do we focus on the fact that there are whites and blacks and people of all colors who are homeless, unemployed, or pick any topic that dominates our lives today.

White privilege? In some cases, yes there are connections related to race, but there are are also cases of Black Privilege as well. In those reverse discrimination quotas where a person of color gets a scholarship because of their color or background.

Come on people!!! It is not the 1950's or 1960's!! It's time we all realize that a person's worth is in no way related to their race, their background, or who their ancestors are! We should all be color blind! Everyone should start at ground zero with you no matter who they are! I shouldn't like a white man any more because he is a he or because he is white! Make him earn my respect just as much as any one!

I try [and I admit, in some cases it is harder than others] to live that way, meet and greet everyone the same way! Now, saying that, we all immediately start judging folks as soon as we make contact, be it in person or just reading their first post on this both. If a person looks or talks/types a certain way, we start moving them toward this group or that group, up or down, left or right, and that is how it should work. Move them based on evidence [not just on what someone says about them].... but also realize that some perceptions can be WRONG! Just because he or she is a Dorman fan doesn't mean they are necessarily stupid. Or just because they are from Gaffney that they are a Redneck. Or just because they are from Duncan and love the Rebels makes them good! Yes, there are even bad people in your hometown!!!

There are good people in all groups; and there are bad people in all groups. Basically, if you hear this: "All of them _______ people are" then stop listening. When you start lumping everyone in one basket, you lose me! Not all Gaffney fans are Rednecks and not all Rebel fans are good people! All Dorman folks are idiots might be the one exception to the rule..... JUST KIDDING!

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now. But I will not apologize for my rant... it's time we move forward, stop allowing the media to lead us and quit following the mass hysteria and start working together to fix the mess we are in now!

--

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:02 pm
“Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a crook.” - Harry Truman

Now adays, you can leave out the words "a man that gets rich by being"

--

--

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:05 am
DeCav wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:41 pm
You guys have a perfect point, of course. No argument there. If they have black history month, then why not have a white history month?
I have a better option for you...

Stop having anything that focusses on ways we are different and focus on ways we are alike. Instead of a NAACP let's have the National Association for the Advancement of ALL People. I have no problem with Black History Month, Women's History Month, for the most part, history has a place in our lives for those who never learn from history are bound to repeat it; but we spend too much time focused on ways to separate us rather than unite us.

Think about it for a microsecond and you will see what I mean.... at any chance, the media pits us against each other. Blacks -vs- Whites, republican -vs- democrats, liberal -vs- conservative, protestants -vs- catholics, evangelicals -vs- athesists and hundreds of years later we even still hear the North -vs- the South. It's everywhere in our lives! Rarely do we focus on the fact that there are whites and blacks and people of all colors who are homeless, unemployed, or pick any topic that dominates our lives today.

White privilege? In some cases, yes there are connections related to race, but there are are also cases of Black Privilege as well. In those reverse discrimination quotas where a person of color gets a scholarship because of their color or background.

Come on people!!! It is not the 1950's or 1960's!! It's time we all realize that a person's worth is in no way related to their race, their background, or who their ancestors are! We should all be color blind! Everyone should start at ground zero with you no matter who they are! I shouldn't like a white man any more because he is a he or because he is white! Make him earn my respect just as much as any one!

I try [and I admit, in some cases it is harder than others] to live that way, meet and greet everyone the same way! Now, saying that, we all immediately start judging folks as soon as we make contact, be it in person or just reading their first post on this both. If a person looks or talks/types a certain way, we start moving them toward this group or that group, up or down, left or right, and that is how it should work. Move them based on evidence [not just on what someone says about them].... but also realize that some perceptions can be WRONG! Just because he or she is a Dorman fan doesn't mean they are necessarily stupid. Or just because they are from Gaffney that they are a Redneck. Or just because they are from Duncan and love the Rebels makes them good! Yes, there are even bad people in your hometown!!!

There are good people in all groups; and there are bad people in all groups. Basically, if you hear this: "All of them _______ people are" then stop listening. When you start lumping everyone in one basket, you lose me! Not all Gaffney fans are Rednecks and not all Rebel fans are good people! All Dorman folks are idiots might be the one exception to the rule..... JUST KIDDING!

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now. But I will not apologize for my rant... it's time we move forward, stop allowing the media to lead us and quit following the mass hysteria and start working together to fix the mess we are in now!
There’s not a single word I disagree in this whole post.

Brilliant!

My only critique:

You should be able to leave off the words “JUST KIDDING” because anyone with a brain who isn’t ideologically possessed knows you’re making good hearted and very clever jokes.

But yeah, try that post on Facebook. Sections of it would be like dropping a hand grenade in a crowd.

I agree 100% with what you said. It is absolute proof that just because you pull for the Rebels doesn’t always mean you’re a blowhard racist.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:09 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:02 pm
“Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a crook.” - Harry Truman

Now adays, you can leave out the words "a man that gets rich by being"
What a typically stupid Cavalier I am. I had to read that three times over 2 days to get the joke. Was overthinking the underlined part and failed to follow your simple instructions.

Very funny observation!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Not only America, the worlds addiction. If some nut figures a way to weaponize it, the carnage will be apocalyptic.

Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

It's not the police who need to be retrained, it's the public. We have grown into a mouthy, cell phone wielding, vulgar, uncivil society with no personal responsibility and the attitude of 'it's the other person's fault', 'you owe me'. A society where children grow up with no boundaries or knowledge or concern for civil society and personal responsibility.
When an officer says "Put your hands up," then put your hands up! Don't reach for something in your pocket, your lap, your seat. There's plenty of reason for a police officer to feel threatened, there have been multiple assaults and ambushes on police officers lately. Comply with requests from the officer, have your day in court. Don't mouth off, or fight, or refuse to comply... that escalates the situation.
Police officers are our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. They're black, white, brown, all colors, all ethnicities, all faiths, male and female, they are us. They see the worst side of humanity... the raped children, the bloody mangled bodies of traffic victims, the bruised and battered victims of domestic violence, homicide victims, body parts... day after day.
They work holidays while we have festive meals with our families. They miss school events with their kids, birthdays, anniversaries, all those special occasions that we take for granted. They work in all types of weather, under dangerous conditions, for relatively low pay.
They have extensive training, but they are human. When there are numerous attacks on them, they become hyper vigilant for a reason, they have become targets. When a police officer encounters any person... any person, whether at a traffic stop, a street confrontation, an arrest, whatever... that situation has the potential to become life threatening. You, Mr & Mrs/Miss Civilian, also have the responsibility of keeping the situation from getting out of control.
Many law enforcement officers are Veterans. They've been in service to this nation most of their lives, whether on the battlefield or protecting us here at home. They are the only thing that stands between us and anarchy in the streets.
If you want to protect your child, teach them respect.

Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:12 pm
Not only America, the worlds addiction. If some nut figures a way to weaponize it, the carnage will be apocalyptic.

It didn't turn out to be all that apocalyptic after all...

The delivery system was super effective. So effective that our enemies themselves were surprised at how willing Americans were to participate...

Luckily for America, the payload that got delivered to the heart of America reportedly liked to lay in bed watching Fox News every day until noon and could not be bothered to even pretend to be interested in the daily national security briefing, even after the NSB was re-formated to make it more like a picture book in an effort to encourage him to pay attention.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:30 am
DeCav wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:59 am
cavaliereagle wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:18 am

If you go before Congress and lie, you will be charged. They will lie like a rug while you're there. Remember Schiff saying he had proof of Russian collusion? Prime example. I agree with the commentary.
Yeah, agreed. I might have been remiss in my comments. Was Schiff under oath when he said he had proof of Russian collusion? Or was he just orating on the House floor? Big difference.
In a technically legally prosecutorial status, it is different. However, in a real world, life status, there is no difference. As a member of Congress, his actions when orating on the House Floor or in Committee or under oath should be the same! His comments have weight simply due to his status and standing and his actions should always be taken as if he is under oath. As my elected representative; he better remember those words if he wants my vote in the future!
100%

I've given this a little bit of thought. 100 years ago you could have argued that congressmen needed to be able to debate the issues without fear of reprisals before rendering a vote. That was before radio and television were broadcasting daily from the floor of congress. Honestly, the politicians have all the time they need to adjudicate the issues on cable T.V. and social media now. I'd support a hybrid solution:

On the floor of congress, all reps shall be considered to be under a special oath: Knowingly lying while you have the floor would result in your expulsion from congress which would trigger a new appointment by the governor of that state.

If we'd had this in place 6 months ago then congress might have actually been the ghost town of liars that the courts turned out to be.

I thank God for the federal courts. 2020 will now forever be locked arm in arm in the history books when students get to the chapter about the three branches of government. I remember our history and government teachers were all hard-pressed to explain how our federal court system was an actual branch of our government.