DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: DeCav, Check This Out

Post by DeCav »

cavaliereagle wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:34 pm
DeCav wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:02 pm
Thanks man. It means a lot. And of course I want some push back as well. The things I'm learning this year are truly blowing my mind and only go to show me how much I truly don't know.

Mr. Miagi said if you walk on the left side of the road you're fine and if you walk on the right side of the road you're fine but if you walk in the middle you'll get run over. With respect to learning something full tilt or not at all I agree with that analogy but when it comes to politics and the social landscape, I have to say that I've learned that I've always been just right of center and now I feel as though I can say with full conviction that I'm aggressively centrist.

It all makes sense in my head but getting it on paper is always a challenge. I've cited a lot of psychology as it relates to politics and it really resonates with me. What I'm slowly coming to believe (notice I don't claim to "know" anything...only believe) is that society will break down all the way to the left and it will break down all the way to the right. Learning about the human brain and the functions that each hemisphere carry out for us to be able to function has seeded my own brain for a lot of thought on the subject of our politics in America. There seems an assymetrical push in this country for the last four years to absolutely abolish liberal politics 100%.

I believe abolishing the politics of the "other" side has gone on more than 4 years. Although, it has reached a fever pitch. Conservative policies have been under attack for decades though. Look at abortion, prayer in schools, 10 Commandment removal, same sex marriage, etc.

I personally have very little doubt that had the siege on the Capitol succeeded in installing Trump back in as president that these mobs would have seen no reason at all to stop there. Why not remove through acts of coercion and in some cases, violence every Democrat from Congress and install only the candidates that the mob wanted in Washington. I'm truly dumbfounded at accusations that a Clinton presidency would have meant the end of American democracy when four years of Trump ended in an actual attempt at a coup.

I still can't believe that was allowed! Terrorists are watching.

You've never seen me opine about gun control or the 2nd amendment because I really don't feel one way or the other about it. Where we're currently at seems like a happy medium to me. Some in this country would have all firearms outlawed forever while there are others on the other side who'd gladly welcome the legalization of rocket launchers and grenades. And both extreme sides of the argument seem to loathe the idea of a compromise. I'll never understand why some people insist on having all or nothing.

Actually, you can legally own rocket launchers, grenades, bazookas, tanks, fighter jets, assault rifles, etc...You've just got to meet all the requirements.

Consider this.....

In Washington DC, concealed carry is legal with a DC issued license.

What is prohibited obviously is transporting your gun to DC even if it's registered in your state. Oddly, many who stormed our Capitol building were law-abiding enough mostly to leave behind their guns but not so much so that they were deterred from unlawfully entering the Capitol building taking shits on the floor, smearing it on the walls, and in one case beating a Capitol police officer to death with a fire extinguisher.

Assault rifles are prohibited DC.

Ok, this seems like a compromise. No one's 2nd amendment seems to be denied here. If you live in DC, you can own a firearm and even move about with it as long as it's concealed. And in whatever state you live you are also allowed to own a firearm. The compromise in DC (thank GOD) was that you can't bring your gun to DC unless you're going to somehow also register it there.

What's the upshot of that law?

Well imagine every one of those rioters also armed not only with guns but with assault rifles with the largest capacity magazines available. We're calling balls and strikes here. We all know anyone who stormed that building on Jan 6th not only own guns that they decided to keep back home but would have gladly brought them and brandished them had the law permitted. And once things got ginned up after people started trying to enter the building, had everyone of those people had loaded firearms, a lot more people would have died.

So again, I don't ever weigh in on gun control because it seems our laws are more or less where they need to be in my opinion. I'm hard pressed to think of a better example than Jan 6th of a gun law being exactly what was needed to prevent carnage without stepping on the 2nd amendment.

I'm satisfied with our gun laws. I do believe we need to continue to fight restrictions though. The old give them an inch reason.

And for anyone who thinks we need guns so we can overthrow our government?

Anyone who thinks you can overthrow America is bringing an AR-15 to a drone fight. There is going to be a serious cleaning of house and revetting of our police force and armed forces. Unfortunately, for a lot of law abiding, non-treasonous Trump voters, that actions of a few on Jan 6th are gonna make "MAGA" whether it's fair or not, be seen by some as the mark of the Devil when it comes to a propensity for violent sedition. Officials are already coming to terms with the fact that the 6th was more of an inside job than many would have ever dreamed.

Not overthrowing the government, but protecting us from it. The Constitution says what it says. However, we are in agreement on our gun laws. Remember, those guns would have also been used to stop the coup. The fight wouldn't necessarily be against the government, but rather a faction. On the 6th, both sides of the fight was the government.

I'm not saying that. Don't shoot the messenger.

I've seen a few Trump supporters piss on the fire and break camp after Jan 6th. Many Americans have been saying it was headed that way before that day came. Like myself who bumped into the back of a car at a stop light while intoxicated 2 years ago, yeah awesome...i dodged a bullet and learned my lesson but not without playing Russian roulette first.

Had fewer voters showed up for Biden? Had Trump won second term? A lot of disillusioned Trump supporters would have been full steam ahead for whatever another 4 years would have held. And this is a man who demanded a third term because his first one didn't count in his estimation.

I'm hoping he doesn't destroy any chance Pence may have down the road.

Oh CavEagle, did I ever mention I know how to make abortions all but go away? Without mucking about with Supreme Court Justices.

Let's tackle that subject next.
Really really good points. And of course in the current ebb and flow of political machinations, it occurs to me that I'm not arbiter of what is and what is not a good point. It's very subjective. But as someone who considers himself more and more an agressive centrist, I have to say it's heartening to me that we agree on gun laws. I think everyone would be surprised at how much everyone is thinking about issues more and more these days.

My boy has now bought two handguns, a shotgun, and an AR-15. He says he's very careful about them but I don't miss an opportunity to point out that he's not taking it seriously enough. I have my 4 and 6 yr old grandkids come over all the time, and sometimes it's a spur of the moment thing. Today, Ash had out is two handguns splayed on our kitchen counters. I picked one up and he became alarmed and said, "Dad, be careful...those are loaded!"

Now, I appreciate him being aware enough to warn me so quickly, but it was 4:30 pm. What are loaded handguns doing on my kitchen counter? I pointed out to them that my grandkid's mother might message at any hour of the day needing to drop them off. Having loaded weapons laying around the kitchen is just simply a deal breaker. I told him if he wanted to keep his AR-15 he needed a gunsafe. He compromised by buying a nice lock for his closet and promising to keep his weapons there.

Also I we came to an agreement if I ever see his handguns out within reach, I can pop out the magazines and expell the bullets without him getting butt hurt. At least he's adult enough to admit that the AR-15 is a toy for him. He admits he doesn't need an assault rifle to defend our home when he already has 2 handguns and a shotgun. I'd be depressed if he gave me any other argument about the assault rifle other than it's cool. Which I'm actually OK with.

I agree with you about pushing on both sides. Yes, give an inch they'll want a mile. The NRA keeps the libs in check and I don't have a problem with that. If the government all of a sudden said "No more guns!" I'd get nervous. It's all the more reason for each American not to give the government excuses to convince half the population that it would be a good thing. Ask an Australian! I have.

And for anyone mad enough to pull for a revolution, get on an international FB group and make friends with people around the world. You might be embarrased that you're mad enough to flirt with the Devil and tear down our current form of government. Peterson says when societies pull down their form of government, what is built on the ash's is almost always far far worse.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

DeCav, AR in AR 15 stands for ArmaLite. It is not an assault rifle. Assault rifles are fully automatic, or, select fire. Also called machine guns.

I use locks on all my guns. There is no need to load a gun unless you intend to shoot it. He could have the magazines loaded and quickly load the gun if needed.

Always treat all guns as if they were loaded. You hear that said all the time. One of my boys, who is, "careful", discharged a handgun in my house. He is no longer allowed to have a loaded gun in my house. One of my cousins, who is an avid hunter, and "careful", shot himself with an "unloaded" gun in his house.

Many folks are shot by their own family members at night being mistaken for a burglar. Always know who/what you're shooting before squeezing the trigger.

I have never needed a gun for personal protection other than when serving overseas. I live in one of the worst neighborhoods in Columbia, and that still holds true.

You can NEVER be too careful!
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Wow.

Yeah my lil bro’s best friend was showing off a new rifle during a party and it injured three people.

Sobering words from you friend. I’m just not sure my son is treating them with enough respect.

Have you seen this video? If not, do you have any thoughts you could share?

I’m really dialed into the idea that we need a left and right wing working together like a left and right hand. It occurs to me now to analogize a guitar player.

Both hands serve different functions and flipping a guitar over a switching hands just doesn’t work unless you’re accomplished at such a thing.

I honestly think the radicals on either side are extremely dangerous to our democracy. And now that Trump’s popularity is at an all time low and Biden seems to be in the driver’s seat I’m starting to get pushback from the lefties on Facebook.

Shared a solid video from B1 of Reagan talking about how we run the country, not the politicians, and got some visceral reactions about how Trumpism started with Reagan which seems as utterly stupid as anything Ive read in the last 6 months.

I got into a big knock down drag out with an illiterate liberal in a NT group. Not my first scrape at all with sponge-headed liberals but I’m sensing a shift in their temperament.

Most people on the football boards see me as about as liberal as anyone except for maybe Pengy. But to put things into perspective, had a very long conversation in a never Trump group today with a liberal lady. Started off just a bit contentious.

She was asking about increasing censorship on Facebook to flag statements like “The governor is garbage.” I came on a bit stronger than I should have. She pointed out where I’d misread her and I quickly pumped the breaks and apologized.

She was so liberal she even condemned words like Trumptard. I actually gave he credit for her civility but I’m just not the same person I was 10 years ago. All the raging brawls on PFT and then the roided up atmosphere on FB with politics the way they combined with some recent trauma in my life have left me a bit more edgy and ragged, quicker to anger, meaner, more aggressive and a more hateful vocabulary.

Doesn’t mean when I meet someone that I flow with that I’m not well behaved and pleasant but it does mean that my skin is a little less thick. Been called a smart ass more times in the last 6 months than ever in my life and for good reason.

I think I just have a shorter fuse and less patience? I know I’ve rankled more fur here on SCPREPTALK lately than usual and that’s on me, no one else.

Anyway as soon as I throttled back we had a long conversation about censorship and tolerance and religion. Really good stuff and amicable but it wrapped up with her telling me she wouldn’t ask me who I voted for. I think because I mentioned being in many pro-Trump groups in recent months which was a truly remarkable experience in and of itself.

Apparently I’m not so liberal that a person couldn’t have an hours long conversation with me in a dedicated never trump group without mentioning that she still wasn’t sure if I voted for Trump or not.

I assured her I had not either time nor would I ever but it’s jarring still if that makes sense.

It almost feels like fishtailing or being on a boat rocking side to side. Was in lockstep with a lot of these people in opposition to the President and now the boat is leaning port side and I feel I need to move to the right or at least resist their efforts to get too damn happy with it if that makes sense.

A dude named Alan runs one group and he’s pretty far to the left. Asked me politely in one of my posts not to use the word Trumptard. In my mind I thought , “Oh here we go with the compelled speech that Peterson warns about but I choose my battles and obliged him.

I changed Trumptards to “Ding Dongs” 😂😂😂. He let that slide. But I caught him last night in a bit of dissonance of his own. They posted an article about McCain’s wife being censored by the Rep party for some pro lgbtxyz comment or something.

Everyone was very sympathetic about her and then the founder makes some comment about how he condemns all Republicans with extreme prejudice. I had to jump in and remind him the Reps apparently want to push her out and there he’s saying he doesn’t want anything to do with her either which makes her a woman without a country.

He backed off and admitted emotions were high and they should wait a spell to see how things shake out.

Lol. I can promise I’m as much a pain in the ass to the left as I am to the right. There was a post today about Trump being turned down by the Pentagon for a military send off when he exits the White House. One dude mentioned he’d like to see him leave in a flag draped coffin. Saw too many of these morbid death type comments about Dem leadership in the pro Trump groups so I had to comment on it.

Didn’t get any blowback either. Just explained that I know he’s frustrated and I get it but officially I had to register a negative opinion on any comments that smack of wishing loss of life, especially towards any President.

Anyway, you’ll be tickled to know I’ve met my match in word count. Some lady from Oregon has latched onto my Facebook page and drops posts every ten mins several thousand words long.

Now I know the feeling of clicking on a comment and seeing a book. Lol.

Anyway, tell me if you’ve seen this clip before. I might have already shared it.

Also, became friends with a woman in Ukraine today. In a few days I’ll attempt a conversation about how to lower the abortion rate and see how she reacts. Don’t know her politics or even if she’s a she but a conversation is a conversation.

Peace!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

CavEagle, any idea what happened to the Beau Of The Fifth Column Thread?

I sincerely hope there wasn’t anything there that violated the rules of the forum.

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

DeCav wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:02 pm
CavEagle, any idea what happened to the Beau Of The Fifth Column Thread?

I sincerely hope there wasn’t anything there that violated the rules of the forum.
No, I hadn't noticed it was gone. I just look for new posts, so if something's been taken down, I normally don't notice.

I was actually surprised they've allowed any of these political posts. However, they have remained civil.

If Penguin gets involved, that's when folks seem to get fired up. I actually enjoy, overall, discussions i've had with Penguin. I do have to watch myself so I don't get angry. However, i'm sure he has to do the same. He has the same right to his opinion as I do mine.

The only chance we have to understand each other is to communicate. If we can't have a civil discussion in such a small group, how can we expect the country to? We don't have to agree, but we should respect each other.

I thought you were farther left than me. Now, i'm not so sure. I think we're close on our political spectrum. I wish Penguin could join the conversation without everyone else freaking out. I value the opposing opinion.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Yeah, me and Pengy had a brief romance and then a quick falling out.

Back in the spring he pm'd me about politics and we agreed to team up on Facebook because you know him, he's a Hell of an orator which is why I never tried to tangle with him and gave him a wide birth. But we thought politically we could we could get along and be each other's wingman. We didn't rub each other quite the right way all the time. I was focused on going up against arguments for the administration at that time. He was more about blasting in a 360 degree radius.

We seemed to drift apart after I stopped hearing from him for a few weeks. Then I saw him as a friend suggestion which was strange because I thought we were already friends but I added him again. It was then that I got a heated message from him saying he was going to let me be friends again with him but if I ever remove one of his comments again, some awful fate would befall me. I don't recall if that was that he'd unfriend me again or if I was in store for one of his prophetic comeuppances.

I had no idea what he was talking about although it's quite possible he posted a comment on my wall that was beyond the pale for me and I just took it off. Apparently that set him off and he unfriended me with no explanation.

When he came at me with his threat after I friended him a second time, I just suggested we cut right to the chase and I unfriended him and blocked him. (I don't handle threats all that well and tend to call people out.)

Haven't heard from him since. I'm thinking he doesn't like me.

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

DeCav wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:38 pm
Yeah, me and Pengy had a brief romance and then a quick falling out.

Back in the spring he pm'd me about politics and we agreed to team up on Facebook because you know him, he's a Hell of an orator which is why I never tried to tangle with him and gave him a wide birth. But we thought politically we could we could get along and be each other's wingman. We didn't rub each other quite the right way all the time. I was focused on going up against arguments for the administration at that time. He was more about blasting in a 360 degree radius.

We seemed to drift apart after I stopped hearing from him for a few weeks. Then I saw him as a friend suggestion which was strange because I thought we were already friends but I added him again. It was then that I got a heated message from him saying he was going to let me be friends again with him but if I ever remove one of his comments again, some awful fate would befall me. I don't recall if that was that he'd unfriend me again or if I was in store for one of his prophetic comeuppances.

I had no idea what he was talking about although it's quite possible he posted a comment on my wall that was beyond the pale for me and I just took it off. Apparently that set him off and he unfriended me with no explanation.

When he came at me with his threat after I friended him a second time, I just suggested we cut right to the chase and I unfriended him and blocked him. (I don't handle threats all that well and tend to call people out.)

Haven't heard from him since. I'm thinking he doesn't like me.
Threatened you? Wow! As much as he comments about being verbally attacked? Apparently, he brings a lot of it upon himself.

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

DeCav wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:02 am
Wow.

Yeah my lil bro’s best friend was showing off a new rifle during a party and it injured three people.

Sobering words from you friend. I’m just not sure my son is treating them with enough respect.

Have you seen this video? If not, do you have any thoughts you could share?

I’m really dialed into the idea that we need a left and right wing working together like a left and right hand. It occurs to me now to analogize a guitar player.

Both hands serve different functions and flipping a guitar over a switching hands just doesn’t work unless you’re accomplished at such a thing.

I honestly think the radicals on either side are extremely dangerous to our democracy. And now that Trump’s popularity is at an all time low and Biden seems to be in the driver’s seat I’m starting to get pushback from the lefties on Facebook.

Shared a solid video from B1 of Reagan talking about how we run the country, not the politicians, and got some visceral reactions about how Trumpism started with Reagan which seems as utterly stupid as anything Ive read in the last 6 months.

I got into a big knock down drag out with an illiterate liberal in a NT group. Not my first scrape at all with sponge-headed liberals but I’m sensing a shift in their temperament.

Most people on the football boards see me as about as liberal as anyone except for maybe Pengy. But to put things into perspective, had a very long conversation in a never Trump group today with a liberal lady. Started off just a bit contentious.

She was asking about increasing censorship on Facebook to flag statements like “The governor is garbage.” I came on a bit stronger than I should have. She pointed out where I’d misread her and I quickly pumped the breaks and apologized.

She was so liberal she even condemned words like Trumptard. I actually gave he credit for her civility but I’m just not the same person I was 10 years ago. All the raging brawls on PFT and then the roided up atmosphere on FB with politics the way they combined with some recent trauma in my life have left me a bit more edgy and ragged, quicker to anger, meaner, more aggressive and a more hateful vocabulary.

Doesn’t mean when I meet someone that I flow with that I’m not well behaved and pleasant but it does mean that my skin is a little less thick. Been called a smart ass more times in the last 6 months than ever in my life and for good reason.

I think I just have a shorter fuse and less patience? I know I’ve rankled more fur here on SCPREPTALK lately than usual and that’s on me, no one else.

Anyway as soon as I throttled back we had a long conversation about censorship and tolerance and religion. Really good stuff and amicable but it wrapped up with her telling me she wouldn’t ask me who I voted for. I think because I mentioned being in many pro-Trump groups in recent months which was a truly remarkable experience in and of itself.

Apparently I’m not so liberal that a person couldn’t have an hours long conversation with me in a dedicated never trump group without mentioning that she still wasn’t sure if I voted for Trump or not.

I assured her I had not either time nor would I ever but it’s jarring still if that makes sense.

It almost feels like fishtailing or being on a boat rocking side to side. Was in lockstep with a lot of these people in opposition to the President and now the boat is leaning port side and I feel I need to move to the right or at least resist their efforts to get too damn happy with it if that makes sense.

A dude named Alan runs one group and he’s pretty far to the left. Asked me politely in one of my posts not to use the word Trumptard. In my mind I thought , “Oh here we go with the compelled speech that Peterson warns about but I choose my battles and obliged him.

I changed Trumptards to “Ding Dongs” 😂😂😂. He let that slide. But I caught him last night in a bit of dissonance of his own. They posted an article about McCain’s wife being censored by the Rep party for some pro lgbtxyz comment or something.

Everyone was very sympathetic about her and then the founder makes some comment about how he condemns all Republicans with extreme prejudice. I had to jump in and remind him the Reps apparently want to push her out and there he’s saying he doesn’t want anything to do with her either which makes her a woman without a country.

He backed off and admitted emotions were high and they should wait a spell to see how things shake out.

Lol. I can promise I’m as much a pain in the ass to the left as I am to the right. There was a post today about Trump being turned down by the Pentagon for a military send off when he exits the White House. One dude mentioned he’d like to see him leave in a flag draped coffin. Saw too many of these morbid death type comments about Dem leadership in the pro Trump groups so I had to comment on it.

Didn’t get any blowback either. Just explained that I know he’s frustrated and I get it but officially I had to register a negative opinion on any comments that smack of wishing loss of life, especially towards any President.

Anyway, you’ll be tickled to know I’ve met my match in word count. Some lady from Oregon has latched onto my Facebook page and drops posts every ten mins several thousand words long.

Now I know the feeling of clicking on a comment and seeing a book. Lol.

Anyway, tell me if you’ve seen this clip before. I might have already shared it.

Also, became friends with a woman in Ukraine today. In a few days I’ll attempt a conversation about how to lower the abortion rate and see how she reacts. Don’t know her politics or even if she’s a she but a conversation is a conversation.

Peace!
I had not seen that clip. I enjoyed it. I agree with, I believe, everything he said. Dialogue is very important! That's why I told you I don't discuss/debate to change someone's mind. I do it so I can understand their thoughts. It's okay if we don't agree. We are not all equal! My wife and I have been married for nearly 30 years. She is not my equal. Also, I am not her equal. There is a difference in the way that's phrased. In other words, she's better at some things than me, and vice versa. We make a heck of a team when we stay in our lane!

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Yeah man. Agreed, my wife and I definitely compliment each other. It's so funny because my wife is just logically absent minded sometimes even though she's a very smart woman. I'm just so tightly wired when it comes to logic. I've figured something out about myself recently which is that whenever I'm talking, chatting, or sharing comments in a thread I'm always playing that game of chess in my mind. Not so much like it's a game but more for my own sanity.

I'm always unconsciously anticipating who someone will respond to anything I say and then crafting my wording so that it's not at odds or a bad fit in whatever conversation I'm having and whatever conversation is extrapolating out in my mind. I think it was one of the ways I've been able to get along well enough with so many different types of people. It's probably why me and BEF and just be fist bumping all the time and then me and B1 can get along and me and Cannon.

Two things have thrown me off these last few years. That daemon in my head that issues orders about what will be incongruous in a conversation and what will flow seems to be faulty and I'm not filtering myself as well as I used to. Also quite often I read a conversation or a person all wrong. The way Pengy came at me that day or just sideways.

With my wife I'm having to retrain myself to choose my battles. A lot of fights lately because she'll say something that makes no sense and I have to drill down on it and chase every thread because I think I have to have her see her logic the way I'm seeing it. Which is stupid because if I succeed in making her feel stupid then she just gets angrier and I lose anyway.

It's very interesting that you mention the dynamic with your wife. The same guy has a lot to say about marriage. Talks about Jacob wrestling with God and being renamed Israel which means "struggles with God", and then talks about how all Christians struggle with God and relates that to the way he struggles with his wife but paints it as a good thing to struggle with your partner. Good stuff.

I cued up this vid where he ties a struggle with God to the struggle with your partner.

It's just a fuzzy thought but when I meet most southern baptists, I just never sense there's any kind of a struggle or uncertainty. They're just so sure and so happy like everything is totally figured out. Maybe I'll get there one day.

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

DeCav wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:30 pm
Yeah man. Agreed, my wife and I definitely compliment each other. It's so funny because my wife is just logically absent minded sometimes even though she's a very smart woman. I'm just so tightly wired when it comes to logic. I've figured something out about myself recently which is that whenever I'm talking, chatting, or sharing comments in a thread I'm always playing that game of chess in my mind. Not so much like it's a game but more for my own sanity.

I'm always unconsciously anticipating who someone will respond to anything I say and then crafting my wording so that it's not at odds or a bad fit in whatever conversation I'm having and whatever conversation is extrapolating out in my mind. I think it was one of the ways I've been able to get along well enough with so many different types of people. It's probably why me and BEF and just be fist bumping all the time and then me and B1 can get along and me and Cannon.

Two things have thrown me off these last few years. That daemon in my head that issues orders about what will be incongruous in a conversation and what will flow seems to be faulty and I'm not filtering myself as well as I used to. Also quite often I read a conversation or a person all wrong. The way Pengy came at me that day or just sideways.

With my wife I'm having to retrain myself to choose my battles. A lot of fights lately because she'll say something that makes no sense and I have to drill down on it and chase every thread because I think I have to have her see her logic the way I'm seeing it. Which is stupid because if I succeed in making her feel stupid then she just gets angrier and I lose anyway.

It's very interesting that you mention the dynamic with your wife. The same guy has a lot to say about marriage. Talks about Jacob wrestling with God and being renamed Israel which means "struggles with God", and then talks about how all Christians struggle with God and relates that to the way he struggles with his wife but paints it as a good thing to struggle with your partner. Good stuff.

I cued up this vid where he ties a struggle with God to the struggle with your partner.

It's just a fuzzy thought but when I meet most southern baptists, I just never sense there's any kind of a struggle or uncertainty. They're just so sure and so happy like everything is totally figured out. Maybe I'll get there one day.

Brother, don't even try to get there one day. Seriously, you just be the best DeCav you can be.

Personally, I believe in, and try to serve God. It's much easier to believe than an explosion coming out of nowhere from nothing that created everything. These folks, Southern Baptists, or any religion, that always have a happy face, they struggle with the same things we struggle with.

My belief/faith has grown over the years. The older I get, and, in the process, the more I face, the more I depend on God. Of course, it's around 6am. I may go out today, and handle it in my way, and screw it all up. I'm still just a man. However, i've noticed, when I pray it up first, and get my head right, i'll handle things much better. So, we've all got some Israel in us.

Remember in the Bible, when all the "religious leaders" persecuted Jesus? Don't pay much attention to these "religious" people. Now, as it was then, there are many of them that are just put on.

The Bible says something like "Pick up your cross daily." I take that to mean it will be a daily struggle. DAILY! Don't allow anyone, including me, to push their beliefs on you. You pray, read, and decide for yourself.

By the way, if you want to believe in evolution, or any multitude of beliefs, that's your choice too. I'm going to try to be your friend anyways.

If i'm ever able to help you out with any of this, let me know. I don't know much, but i'll share what I do know.