Congrats to all the state finalist!

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Congrats to all the state finalist!

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

To whomever wins the crown in your respective class, you deserve it. No excuses. Everybody had to deal with the pandemic. All the finalist did what they had to do to make it. I don't wanna hear all the asterix BS because I know it's coming. Good luck to all the teams that remain.

***Special congrats to TL Hanna and AC Flora. You guys are pissing people off because you've beaten teams that you don't normally beat traditionally. People that only look at names of schools and not the players they have are in shock lol. I tip my cap.

***Abbeville, you guys just keep it rolling year in and year out. Until Greenwood really gets back rolling y'all have been the only team to really hold it down in the lakelands. Best of luck you guys. 2k1 oUt

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Re: Congrats to all the state finalist!

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

North Myrtle Beach overpowers rival to reach first state title game

The North Myrtle Beach Chiefs made history Friday night, advancing to their first state title game with a dominating 37-10 win over rival Myrtle Beach.

The defense again came up big in the first quarter, sacking Burger back at the one yard line. The following play was a safety, making it 9-0 Chiefs.
Read more here:https://www.myhorrynews.com/sports/high ... 03abe.html

"Offense wins games, Defense wins Championships."
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Great posts CatMan.
Btw, if you want I can make you a Peter Criss Avatar with Orange and Purple make up if you want.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I was at the NW/Hanna game.

Really good game. Both teams played well. Hanna can throw but my God they obviously don’t have to.

I remember two pass attempts by Hanna and one completion.

Hanna might have the best secondary I’ve ever seen.

I don’t recall a single pass by NW that wasnt either into doucle coverage or to a guys wearing a YellowJacket as his shadow.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

DeCav wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:25 pm
Great posts CatMan.
Btw, if you want I can make you a Peter Criss Avatar with Orange and Purple make up if you want.
I’ll give it an audition. Always liked the original KISS drummer. They should have allowed him to sing more of those ballads. Beth was a major hit. Water under the bridge.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Yeah, but Peter was an idiot. Easily the stupidest kiss member.

Gene is a prototypical trait closed, disagreeable, conscientious, and smart person. All traits that code for very successful, rich people.

Paul, probably the opposite and Ace was a free-thinker i believe. I have nothing against Criss. But he shows is IQ when he argues that his salary should be "fair baseball".

I'll see what I can do about that avatar.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Considering how iconic the KISS characters have become--inspiring lucrative lines of action figures, lunchboxes, Halloween costumes, even Hello Kitty fashions and coffins--it's amazing that there was no real master plan, marketing team, or celebrity stylist behind the band members' character designs. "Nobody else was involved," Gene recalled to P&A. "I just remember being in a loft in downtown New York, and looking in the mirror and just starting to draw. It was very stream-of-consciousness. What you see is really what just happened."
Read more here:https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/blo ... 54089.html

They have been blessed to have created something that has withstood the test of time. The music and the makeup, costumes, truly phenomenal marketing tool.

Founding Kiss drummer Peter Criss tells story of survival in memoir, 'Makeup to Breakup'

"I relieved myself, literally, of so much anger, pain and my own insanity of going on the road of that, my whole addiction to cocaine," he says.

"I was ignorant. I had nothing. I grew up in a poor neighborhood. I was a child of the '60s and '70s. Today's kids are clueless; they don't understand that era. There was a war going on. Being a musician then? Oh, man, you couldn't be in a better place at a better time. Here was my chance. There was Motown, the 'British invasion,' Sinatra. I got to see, hear and be near the greats."

But cocaine use was pervasive in the music industry.

"I've read so many books that tell you who, what, where," he says. "For me, I want to know about the 'why.' So I made up my mind that if God ever gave me the chance — like he gave me the chance to play Madison Square Garden — to write my life, I would tell it like it was. I worked heart-and-soul on this. It is me. I am a genuine guy. I let so many ghosts out of the closet.

Both Peter and Gigi Criss have prevailed over cancer diagnoses — a life event that Criss says lent serious perspective to their existence.

"God saved me from dying from cancer," he says.
Read more here:https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2012/1 ... _kiss.html

Good story.

Another victim of the limelight of success thinking you have become invincible.
Happy for the Catman that he survived his addiction & cancer.

Sorry, GwoodEagle2k1, for hijacking the thread. Congratulations to all the teams that made the state finals and all the teams that fought through this covid virus to bring football to their communities. They're all champions to the fans. God Bless Everyone.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

No such thing as hi-jacking a thread if it's good content. We'll hi-jack it back later. Lot's to say about Kiss for sure. I have some pretty amazing stories. Well, to me they are amazing and numinous.

Funny, BYRNES#1 commented that the President would leave me crying in a fetal position if I ever had the opportunity to debate him. Call me Pavlov. Or Ishmael. Or ray. Or jay. Or DeCav. Or the Beast Unleashed. I'd put up $1000 to debate the president live on TV.

Criss saying todays kids don't know a thing? Poorly crafted thought there. They're way better than us.

Had a conversation with John64 today. He said the world is just getting worse and worse.

*Rolls Eyes

Yeah you're going to have a pretty myopic view of the world if you DON'T sever relationships with the MSM.

For anyone who's seriously getting all their news from OANN and NEWSMAX only. Yeah, you get less lies and spin. Also less truth.

Go out there and find the answers and look for the answers that challenge your beliefs. Be your own 12th man.

The sky isn't falling folks. I know you hate progress. Probably even more than the progressives but it's coming whether you like it or not.

Why will science win out?

Well what are you holding in your hand and how much are you willing to dismiss that?

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

SLICK, please don't answer that last question. We really don't want to know what you're holding at 4 am in the morning.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Decav...I had rather be a conspiracy therorist and question everything,than be a sheep that blindly follows the bullshit they are selling us..

U know my friend....I take it u think u are so much smarter than every one else,that u can't take in what is happening around u...self centered I would call it...I luv ya bro but damn the rest of us have our beliefs and some..not say'n me ...aren't so intellectually insupieror...