OK now for a perplexing question

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: OK now for a perplexing question

Post by DeCav »

I'm not voting for an evil candidate.

I'm casting my vote for the better candidate!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I won't be voting for the P-Grabber. I won't be doing linbguistic acrobatics because I feel that I am standing on solid ground. I think of the civil war soldiers who died while having a blade stuck through their gut that they were on the right side of right and wrong. That the right side won seems as the founding fathers would have put it "self-evident". This Trump cult is gonna have some splaining to do I'm afraid.

Here's a cool poem...

Dulce et Decorum Est
BY WILFRED OWEN
Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs,
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots,
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of gas-shells dropping softly behind.

Gas! GAS! Quick, boys!—An ecstasy of fumbling
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time,
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And flound’ring like a man in fire or lime.—
Dim through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

DUMBASS VAMP :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

DeCav wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:20 pm

CatFan I don’t know if you knew it. My boy is Wicked smart!

Remember that post about teaching your kid CAD?

He’s now build his own shop and working on a charger tight now!
Hey, that thing says Hemi on the fender. My brother had a 68' Dodge Charger, my first real taste of a muscle car. Man that thing was fast, unfortunately I don't have a pic of it. It was a deep metallic green with a black vinyl top, blacked out grille with hideaway headlights. Didn't have the Hemi in it, 383 with 4 speed. He kept that thing clean too. He later bought a 70' Chevelle SS 396 for his wife.

My first car in high school was a 71' Nova straight six given to me from my mom for a $125, it wasn't fast but had good gas mileage for cruising weekends chasing teenage girls. :lol:

Great time for automakers producing muscle cars again. Your son is off to a good start.
God bless you guys, from just a humble Christian.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:40 am
I CAST YOU OUT, SINNER, NON-BELIEVER
Let's Rock Slickster! Cast them Demons out!

Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Chuck was always a Ford guy. Got a hand me down rusted, wet green Mach 1 and rebuilt it from the ground up.Image

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

My other friend’s car...Image

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:10 pm
Penguin wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:43 pm
I will lob this first one to you. Since you are a devout believer in intelligent design, and therefor a disbeliever in Darwin's Theory of Evolution, please tell us all which one, Adam or Eve, was black? Which one was white? Which one was Asian? Which one was Native Indian? Which one was Japanese? Which one was Hispanic? There were only 2 of them, and they had 3 sons. Are we all bastards? Are we all the product of incest? Please don't try to wrangle around an answer. You either are a student of Darwin, or you aren't. Can't be both. Either man as we know him today is a product of evolution, or a product of your imagination. I started with an easy one. And I have oh so many more. I will be curious as to how you find a way through that minefield.
I have a question for you as well. If there is no God, no creator, and we all evolved from something, where did we come from? A monkey? Then where did the monkey come from? Before that, and before that, and before that... somewhere along the way there has to be a beginning, right? So let's go back to two atoms collided to create a BIG BANG. Someone created the two atoms?

The key to believing in a Divine Creator is faith. Faith is not scientific, its not like math, it is a belief in a spiritual being that is superior to my own understanding. I know this is never going change your way of thinking, and you have zero chance to change my way of thinking.
The simple, and might I also say, correct, answer, is that man evolved over time. It is very easy for some to say that everything that they cannot understand, or comprehend, MUST be gawd. Nothing could be further from the truth. The scientific answers are not all available, but that is not an excuse to ignore fact, deny truth, and insert a disproven answer. The correct answer is to further examine and educate. Science will provide the answers in time. But then, according to your own theory, where did gawd come from? At some point, something came from something else. That, by definition, is evolution. I answered your question as best as I could. You ignored mine, changed the subject, and asked yours. But hey, I'm your Huckleberry too.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

"Pinky, people are a non newtonian fluid. They’ll stiffen up and feel rightly assaulted. I propose we don’t need to turn this discussion into a debate on faith."

Oh yes, I understand that people would much rather be made a fool than to admit to looking like one. I am curious as to why you chose to single me out for my response to a topic started by someone else. I seldom start arguments about religion, but I never shy away from one, and I am really, really, good, at ending them. And like some of the greatest minds in history, Carlin, Einstein, Hitchens, Darwin, Maher, I am more than willing to entertain any debate about the fallacies of religion. When I am asked to take a leap of "faith", I choose to keep my feet on solid arguments and proven facts. I am not here to try to change anyone's mind, I am here to try to open them up. I always start with questions that lead to answers, not start with answers that lead to questions. :shock:
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!