Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: OK now for a perplexing question

Post by cavaliereagle »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:29 pm
CavEagle, I understand how you feel. I've always felt that being honest with someone is better than living a lie. I upset some of my family by speaking my mind about my brother getting married, but after a couple of years, everyone found out that I was telling the truth. Keeping quiet and pretending everything was alright just rubbed me the wrong way. Yeah, it made folks mad at the time, but later...

And that policy leads me to speak my mind here as well. I don't do it to be mean or upset anyone, but as mentioned above, exchanging different points of view help solve issues not bury them. I wish we could be open and honest with each other on some issues that need to just go away. But we try to be Politically Correct and not offend anyone. Why do we have a BLACK LIVES MATTER? That should be as clear as day, all lives matter. Why do we need any law or movement to tell us that we need to value or neighbors. Why do we continue to focus on issues that divide us and not focus on the ways we are alike? Because the media and the politicians keep us focused on those issues. It's time we as individuals take back control of our lives.

We talk about TERM LIMITS and how we need them.... news flash, we've had term limits from the very beginning. It's called re-election. Quit voting for them to go back, and start supporting and voting for folks we need. Yes, it is hard to find a good candidate now, and I guess it will be harder as we move forward. They've got so much control now that it will be difficult to get them out. And if a good person wanted wanted to run for office; they would get ambushed by the "establishment" and by next week, their reputation would be smeared, videos of them in bed with someone, etc, etc and etc.

Sorry, I'm just fed up with things tonight. It just makes me angry that we are still working on issues that should have been distant memories. Why do we have to keep living in the past???? I mean if I can have friends that are Gaffney Indians and even a dad gum Dorman fan, why can't we move on?
I agree sir!
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:20 pm
YALL ARE ALL CRAZY HERE, ESPECIALLY THAT HAIRY ASS CAVEBIRD OR WHATEVER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love you too Slick!
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

I KNOW YOU DO BABY, BUT YOU STILL ARE CRAZY AND THAT THANG FROM BURNS, REV IKE, HE JUST SUCKS PERIOD.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:53 am
I KNOW YOU DO BABY, BUT YOU STILL ARE CRAZY AND THAT THANG FROM BURNS, REV IKE, HE JUST SUCKS PERIOD.
Send me your address and I will send you some beef jerky so you will shut up.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

YOU CANT BUY MY LOVE, REV IKE

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:49 am
YOU CANT BUY MY LOVE, REV IKE
Slick, you don't know this, but Fred (Rev. Ike) was a close friend of my dad. He was from Ridgeland, SC, just like my dad's family was. He went to school with some of my dad's sisters. Doctor Buzzard was also a close friend of my dad's. There is a lot of history right here in the SC Lowcountry. One of my dad's favorite pranks was to use Rev. Ike's name when he was asked what his name was. He would respond with I am "Fred Eikerenkoetter." That was Rev. Ike's real name. Nobody knew what he was doing.

Now there is something new that you learned today.......LOL
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Experts are now suggesting that Caronaviruses are not subject to herd immunity. Many have been studied, and all came back to infect the same people year after year. We are going to have to isolate this virus to control it.

Here is the report:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/opinions ... index.html
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

Penguin wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:24 am
Experts are now suggesting that Caronaviruses are not subject to herd immunity. Many have been studied, and all came back to infect the same people year after year. We are going to have to isolate this virus to control it.

Here is the report:

The United Kingdom, Sweden, and Brazil have each allowed herd immunity to inform their approaches to COVID-19 in one way or another -- with severe consequences.

In mid-March, Patrick Vallance, the British government's chief scientific adviser, announced they were taking an approach to COVID-19 that would "build up some kind of herd immunity," but quickly reversed course due to fatal risks.

Similarly, Sweden attempted to attain herd immunity through an approach that ultimately yielded among the highest per capita death rates from COVID-19 in the world, with no measurable associated economic gain, according to the European Commission. Only 6.1% of Sweden's population developed coronavirus antibodies by late May -- a number much lower than predicted.

For reference, a large-scale study out of Spain indicates that just 5% of its population has developed antibodies. This study shows that even though Spain was one of the countries hardest hit by the virus, the presence of antibodies is still only around 5%, which is not high enough to achieve herd immunity.

Most experts say that herd immunity requires at least 60-70% of the population to have antibodies, though this number varies depending on the virus. Because of the toll that this degree of infection would take on the health care system and on the population, the safest way to achieve herd immunity would be through a widely available, widely utilized, effective vaccine.

The poor results from Sweden's controversial approach have led to a formal investigation into the government's actions in response to the public health crisis.

Brazil has fared no better with the second-highest number of coronavirus cases in the world.

Conclusions

Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams recently advised a leading national physicians' organization that the U.S. is far from reaching the 70%+ infection rate needed to begin having a real discussion about herd immunity. For reference, Adams mentioned his home state of Indiana was currently at an approximate 3% infection rate.

Dr. Adams further reiterated Dr. Fauci's concerns that antibodies appear to be limited in robustness, so it is unknown how significant or effective acquired immunity to COVID-19 may be. While it's still unclear whether or not a person can get infected with COVID-19 more than once, the limited durability of immuno-protective IgG antibodies may suggest an answer the world does not want to hear.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/vaccine-reach ... d=71662733

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

Penguin wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:24 am

Here is the report:

If this is the case, then a vaccine will not work. A vaccine is nothing more than forced herd immunity. And if a vaccine doesn't work, then there is absolutely nothing we can do to contain this disease (long term). Wearing masks, social distancing will only work as long as we do that. Once we stop (whether thats in 6 months or 6 years) COVID will pop back up. So it doesn't matter when we open things back up as eventually we will all get the virus since it will never go away. That may sound dramatic, but people need to understand that is what is being said with these "opinion" stories. They are basically saying COVID-19 will completely ignore all scientific evidence we have ever seen of how viruses work.

We keep hearing stories of this person over here and that person over there that got COVID twice. Even with herd immunity THIS IS COMMON. Why people are so surprised is beyond me. How many people do you know that got a flu shot, but yet still got the flu? I know half a dozen this year alone. It happens folks, BUT it is the exception. There will be people who get COVID-19 twice, and there will be people who get COVID after being inoculated with a vaccine (assuming we have a working vaccine). But the vast majority will build an immunity. That is how our immune system works, it recognizes viruses (after having previously defeated it) and acts accordingly.