BHP @ South Pointe 11-21-14

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
85Bear
Belton-Honea Path

BHP @ South Pointe 11-21-14

Post by 85Bear »

I think the Bears can win this one. :)
What do y'all think?
How 'bout them Bears!

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Re: BHP @ South Pointe 11-21-14

Post by trojangrad78 »

South Pointe is hungry. Call me a homer, but SP by 10. Should be a good game and the weather won't be a factor.

85Bear
Belton-Honea Path

Post by 85Bear »

Guess I'm looking at it different as well. My twisted logic is that the only common team between SP and BHP is Seneca. SP beat Seneca by only 4 points with the young Seneca team turning the ball over a few times.
Two other teams that can be thrown into the mix are Clinton and Greer. They have played each other twice, with Greer winning both but by a TD or less. Clinton played SP in regular season and lost by only a TD. So, I would say that all those teams are closely matched. They were all within a 1 TD game. But that is not accounting for injuries or players out of the game. We have had our share of that this year and are still working around it.
BHP has played Seneca and Greer and has won both games by more than 2 TD's. Twisted logic says that BHP should win by at least a TD. But SP does have home field advantage which can be a huge factor sometimes.
How 'bout them Bears!

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojangrad78 »

85Bear wrote:Guess I'm looking at it different as well. My twisted logic is that the only common team between SP and BHP is Seneca. SP beat Seneca by only 4 points with the young Seneca team turning the ball over a few times.
Two other teams that can be thrown into the mix are Clinton and Greer. They have played each other twice, with Greer winning both but by a TD or less. Clinton played SP in regular season and lost by only a TD. So, I would say that all those teams are closely matched. They were all within a 1 TD game. But that is not accounting for injuries or players out of the game. We have had our share of that this year and are still working around it.
BHP has played Seneca and Greer and has won both games by more than 2 TD's. Twisted logic says that BHP should win by at least a TD. But SP does have home field advantage which can be a huge factor sometimes.
For what it is worth, SP staged a huge comeback on NW only to lose via a botched 2 point conversion right at the end of the game. It was a non-region game, and an intra-city game, so I am sure both teams....under the same circumstances....would have gone for the win/loss in regulation. The NW defensive line was able to blow up the pass play in the backfield. Whew. We will take a win any way we can get one...even if it is ugly :D

85Bear
Belton-Honea Path

Post by 85Bear »

Yes, I have seen that in the past. But I'm hoping that since Bobby Carroll has moved over to York, they will not be as tough as they have been in the past..
How 'bout them Bears!

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojangrad78 »

85Bear wrote:Yes, I have seen that in the past. But I'm hoping that since Bobby Carroll has moved over to York, they will not be as tough as they have been in the past..
Personal opinion is that it is a better overall team since Carrol left, in more than one way. You should see a disciplined team that won't be itself with dumb mental mistakes, good sportsmanship, rushing oriented, and tough defense.

The field is artificial turf, which the Stallions are used to playing on.

85Bear
Belton-Honea Path

Post by 85Bear »

trojangrad78 wrote:
85Bear wrote:Yes, I have seen that in the past. But I'm hoping that since Bobby Carroll has moved over to York, they will not be as tough as they have been in the past..
Personal opinion is that it is a better overall team since Carrol left, in more than one way. You should see a disciplined team that won't be itself with dumb mental mistakes, good sportsmanship, rushing oriented, and tough defense.

The field is artificial turf, which the Stallions are used to playing on.
I was hoping that would not be the case. As far as the artificial turf, We ain't never played on fake grass :o . Could turn in to a long night for the Bears.
How 'bout them Bears!