Not Really Sure How This Translates To Football

A forum for Pro Sports, College Sports, Racing, Music, Hobbies, and other Interests.
*No Politics please.
Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Not Really Sure How This Translates To Football

Post by Penguin »

But I ran across this on my timeline. Seems to me that the more that time passes, the more disturbing that Covid-19 becomes. I am hoping beyond hope, that a proven vaccine becomes available soon. These numbers, at every level, seem to be getting more disturbing. I am thankful that the mortality rate is as low as it is, wish it were lower. As a high risk target, I am finding it harder and harder to want to take unnecessary chances.

I do so want to see some football this year. Perhaps what SCISA is doing that is working, can be utilized by the SCHSL to allow for the now abbreviated season to go on as planned. I hope that everyone here, their families, and friends, are safe and taking whatever precautions that they feel comfortable with.

The link:.......https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... _1DsJanBXo
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

OLDFART51
Woodruff Wolverines

Re: Not Really Sure How This Translates To Football

Post by OLDFART51 »

CDC now says 94% of COVID deaths had an underlying condition, only 6% were COVID alone: http://w-j.co/s/a22dc

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

OLDFART51 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:29 pm
CDC now says 94% of COVID deaths had an underlying condition, only 6% were COVID alone: http://w-j.co/s/a22dc
The CDC is now a political wing of the GOP. All credibility with them was lost when political directives were allowed to change scientific data. But that aside, the more alarming facts about Covid-19 appear to be the long term health issues created by exposure to the virus. The more that we learn about this virus, the more dangerous it becomes. I fear that far too many people will listen to political talking points and disregard public health issues. As individuals, that really becomes a personal choice. However, due to the infectious nature of the disease, one person's cavalier attitude can affect so many others around them. Therein lies the dilemma.

As a society, are we willing to ignore facts just to make a political statement? That does seem to be what is happening. There is no evidence to disprove that wearing a mask in public, social distancing, having good hygiene, and other precautionary measures, works as a deterrent. We are the worst country in the world with regards to testing, tracing, and mandatory containment measures. That has also led us to lead the world in number of cases, number of deaths, and percentage of infections. The economy is fair, not great, and the human cost is being treated as irrelevant.

So cherry pick your manipulated facts, ignore both common sense and reason, and pretend that this is all a hoax........just as fake as the guy pulling the strings.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

The NY Times publishes scary percentage increases among children but if you drill down to the underlying study....
The American Academy of Pediatrics wrote:Hospitalizations (22 states and NYC reported)*
Children were 0.6%-4.1% of total reported hospitalizations, and between 0.3%-8.5% of all child COVID-19 cases resulted in hospitalization

Mortality (43 states and NYC reported)*
Children were 0%-0.3% of all COVID-19 deaths, and 19 states reported zero child deaths

In states reporting, 0%-0.7% of all child COVID-19 cases resulted in death
This might explain it.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

It is the unknown long term effects that should be the prevailing wisdom here. We have all seen what knee jerk reactions, absent of fact and based upon political rhetoric, have created. If we are to defeat this virus, some precautions are going to have to prevail, regardless of political position. Politics isn't going to solve this issue, science is.

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

We really have two choices. Either barricade ourselves in the basement until there is zero chance nothing will kill us. Or get out and live life. The normal flu kills thousands a year, but we don't shut down the country. Thousands upon thousands die in car wrecks. Easily preventable if we reduce the speed limit to about 25 on every road. But we don't. Problem is that all of the scientists you see on TV all look at this from a zero risk averse angle. Not to mention that hospitals desperately look for any reason to list a death as Covid as they get a monetary bonus out of it. And tons of stories of false positives on these tests. And I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter who wins in November that Covid will suddenly start to fade from importance as it wont serve a political agenda anymore.. There are going to be casualties from a lot of things in this life. But if you live life afraid of dying, in many ways whatever you are so afraid of has already killed you. Way past time for everybody to put their big boy pants on and get on with life.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Great points. I just don't want to be "that guy" who has to answer the question as to why we, as adults, didn't do everything within our power, to assure our children a safer tomorrow. Self gratification prevails......at least on this website.

I will ask, knowing the answer, but here goes......"Would it be that bad to make those sacrifices that you mentioned, even for a few months, if it would make things better as it did in virtually every other country?"

Have at it........my arguments have been made.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Deputy wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:00 pm
We really have two choices. Either barricade ourselves in the basement until there is zero chance nothing will kill us. Or get out and live life. The normal flu kills thousands a year, but we don't shut down the country. Thousands upon thousands die in car wrecks. Easily preventable if we reduce the speed limit to about 25 on every road. But we don't. Problem is that all of the scientists you see on TV all look at this from a zero risk averse angle. Not to mention that hospitals desperately look for any reason to list a death as Covid as they get a monetary bonus out of it. And tons of stories of false positives on these tests. And I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter who wins in November that Covid will suddenly start to fade from importance as it wont serve a political agenda anymore.. There are going to be casualties from a lot of things in this life. But if you live life afraid of dying, in many ways whatever you are so afraid of has already killed you. Way past time for everybody to put their big boy pants on and get on with life.

But you don't understand... that COMMON SENSE that you are using doesn't fit with the agenda that the media and those that control the media have established. Their agenda doesn't need to mirror reality, just fit to the step by step domesticating the masses and leading them down a path that has already been prepared.

IT'S BAD TO GO TO CHURCHES - BUT IT'S OK TO GO TO POLITICAL RALLIES
IT'S BAD TO GO TO SMALL BUSINESSES - BUT IT'S OK TO GO TO WALMART

Notice a trend? It's all about control. You don't need to think for yourself, let us think for you.

Just like SF Band Dad showed, Children were 0.6%-4.1% of total reported hospitalizations, but 720% sounds more like the story they want to tell....

If today's media was covering December 7, 1941 the headlines would read:

JAPAN MAKES A MOSTLY PEACEFUL FLY OVER AT PEARL HARBOR!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:11 pm
Deputy wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:00 pm

But you don't understand... that COMMON SENSE that you are using doesn't fit with the agenda that the media and those that control the media have established. Their agenda doesn't need to mirror reality, just fit to the step by step domesticating the masses and leading them down a path that has already been prepared.

IT'S BAD TO GO TO CHURCHES - BUT IT'S OK TO GO TO POLITICAL RALLIES
IT'S BAD TO GO TO SMALL BUSINESSES - BUT IT'S OK TO GO TO WALMART

Notice a trend? It's all about control. You don't need to think for yourself, let us think for you.

Just like SF Band Dad showed, Children were 0.6%-4.1% of total reported hospitalizations, but 720% sounds more like the story they want to tell....

If today's media was covering December 7, 1941 the headlines would read:

JAPAN MAKES A MOSTLY PEACEFUL FLY OVER AT PEARL HARBOR!
Ken, that is the most insincere and misleading thing that I have ever seen you post. The NY Times article showed 3 things about Covid-19 and children since the May 21st relaxing of restrictions. 1) New cases in children are 720%. 2) Hospitalization of children has increased by 356%. 3) Number of deaths in children has increased by 229%. It did not, nor was it intended to, indicate the correlation between children and adults with regards to anything. It clearly shows that the easing of restrictions has had a direct correlation of affects on children.

It mentions nothing of controlling people, going to church, going to rallies, or going anywhere else for that matter. If Reuben wants to cloud those issues, more power to him. But his numbers had absolutely nothing to do with that NY Times article. I was making the point that Covid-19 was affecting children at a much higher rate since May 21st, not anything else. This type of misinformation is what is driving the political division that offers no solution, just blame. Politics will never solve this thing, only science. And when science is arriving at conclusions that are in opposition to political talking points, it is being silenced and distorted as the posts in this thread have attempted to do.

You and everyone else here are entitled you your own opinions, but you are not entitled to tell me what mine should be. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you never bothered to read the original post, just jump on the Reuben train. No matter that it is headed off the rails.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Penguin wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 pm
t mentions nothing of controlling people, going to church, going to rallies, or going anywhere else for that matter. If Reuben wants to cloud those issues, more power to him. But his numbers had absolutely nothing to do with that NY Times article. I was making the point that Covid-19 was affecting children at a much higher rate since May 21st, not anything else. This type of misinformation is what is driving the political division that offers no solution, just blame. Politics will never solve this thing, only science. And when science is arriving at conclusions that are in opposition to political talking points, it is being silenced and distorted as the posts in this thread have attempted to do.

You and everyone else here are entitled you your own opinions, but you are not entitled to tell me what mine should be. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you never bothered to read the original post, just jump on the Reuben train. No matter that it is headed off the rails.
#1 - No where do I "tell you what your opinion should be" I've long given up on the idea that anyone can tell you anything that you don't already believe to be the truth.

#2 - It should be obvious to anyone that the idea of "controlling people, going to church", etc, is nothing but MY OPINION of what is going on in the country today, not a quote from the article.

Please tell me how it is ok for us to shop at Walmart but not ok to shop at the smaller business?

Why is the state of California threatening and actually punishing churches for meeting but allowing political rallies? People congregating in mass at a rally uncontrolled for the most part while churches are practicing social distancing, yet churches get punished.

There is so much mismanagement and dilution of facts that many folks are not sure what to believe. Example, Costco and other stores here make you walk along a makeshift fence for 20 yards and turn around and walk back the way you came to get to the door. Why? The answer they give is - To keep folks from congregating at the door. Yet they herd you in the walk and guess what, instead of congregating at the door, we congregate in the line all the way to the door. What is gained? Nothing. You choose to believe the NY Times article and criticize someone for believing the new CDC numbers. Well, what if I choose to believe the other way? Well, then I'm following the masses and don't know what is really going on. Guess what, some of us think differently and while you may not agree with our reasoning; we believe that we are correct in our thinking as much as you think you are correct.

That applies to COVID, football, life in general and our choice of who we vote for and whom we believe in.....

Understand, I'm not mad or upset with you or anyone. I just want to be clear that I'm not jumping on any train, except yesterday when me and Connie went on that train ride date in Bryson City, NC which was quite fun.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--