City Of Atlanta Preps For 100 Million Dollar Hit

A forum for Pro Sports, College Sports, Racing, Music, Hobbies, and other Interests.
*No Politics please.
bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Re: City Of Atlanta Preps For 100 Million Dollar Hit

Post by bringthewood »

Penguin wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:34 am
And in order to get that education, athletes have to do it in less than half of the free time that regular students do.
I take it that either you never stepped foot on campus, or you were born with a silver spoon in your sucker.

There are plenty of students that take classes and work full time to pay for their education.

In fact when I went to college, I could tote bricks for a summer and pretty much pay for my tuition.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

See Maurice Clarett. See Marcus Lattimore. End of all of your arguments. I humbly accept your defeat. I see that you are left standing naked with no more talking points.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Marcus Lattimore returned to the University of SC, completed his degree and graduated on the athletic scholarship he had earned. He received a $300K signing bonus from the SF 49'ers. When he was released from the NFL he filed a claim against an NCAA backed sports disability policy of $1.7M.* In 2016 he was named head coach for Heathwood Hall Prep. In 2018 he joined Will Muschamp’s staff as the Director of Player Development for the University of South Carolina.

Yes, very sad, the poor lad is practically a pauper. We should start a Go-Fund-Me page. :roll:

* Status of the claim and any payments have not been disclosed.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

SF Band dad wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:51 pm
Marcus Lattimore returned to the University of SC, completed his degree and graduated on the athletic scholarship he had earned. He received a $300K signing bonus from the SF 49'ers. When he was released from the NFL he filed a claim against an NCAA backed sports disability policy of $1.7M.* In 2016 he was named head coach for Heathwood Hall Prep. In 2018 he joined Will Muschamp’s staff as the Director of Player Development for the University of South Carolina.

Yes, very sad, the poor lad is practically a pauper. We should start a Go-Fund-Me page. :roll:

* Status of the claim and any payments have not been disclosed.
How much money would he have earned in the NFL by now had he not been injured playing for Usuck? Hundreds of millions by now. His loss is staggering. What he has now is meaningless. These college athletes NEED to be compensated and allowed to have some kind of financial consultant advising and guiding them so that their future is protected. To further that argument, I ask how much money are they making for these Universities? Would you work for free for the company that employs you? Do so without any protection from injury? Watch them get rich beyond belief from your blood, sweat, & tears? I think not. No, I know not. What other job mandates that you have to not only do your job, do it well, AND go to class, study every waking moment, and earn a college degree? And do that job without compensation or protection from injury? This is slavery, pure and simple. Do as masta say or he will take everything away from you.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Penguin wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:27 pm
See Maurice Clarett. See Marcus Lattimore. End of all of your arguments. I humbly accept your defeat. I see that you are left standing naked with no more talking points.
You're comparing apples and hubcaps. Less than 3% of scholarship athletes even make and NFL roster. The average NFL career is les than 3 years. Minimum salaries range from about $475,000ish for rookies to veterans making $800,000ish minimum depending on years active.

The vast majority of NFL players are far from set for life when they exit the league.

Your straw men are extremely weak.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Trying to change the argument. How typically predictable. College athletes getting hurt while making billions of dollars for universities with ZERO monetary compensation. How about you go work for your employer for 5 years without pay. They will pay you to get an education, but not pay for anything other than room and board. Tell me how you are going to live. And if you get your leg chopped off, oh well, that was your choice. Time to get your head out of that stinky orifice and take a look at the real world. You can't beat a royal straight flush 5 mismatched low cards.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Penguin wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:02 pm
Trying to change the argument. How typically predictable. College athletes getting hurt while making billions of dollars for universities with ZERO monetary compensation. How about you go work for your employer for 5 years without pay. They will pay you to get an education, but not pay for anything other than room and board. Tell me how you are going to live. And if you get your leg chopped off, oh well, that was your choice. Time to get your head out of that stinky orifice and take a look at the real world. You can't beat a royal straight flush 5 mismatched low cards.
Where do you work?