Living in Irmo for at least a year

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
IndianFan09
Gaffney Indians

Living in Irmo for at least a year

Post by IndianFan09 »

Gotta do some student teaching.

So which games should go see. I will be commuting back to Gaffney a couple times(games undecided) and I plan to check out Brookland-Cayce's new stadium. So what games should I see in the Columbia/Irmo area?

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Living in Irmo for at least a year

Post by SF Band dad »

In your shoes, I wouldn't pass up many opportunities to see Dutch Fork this year. Watching Matt Coburn run through people should be worth the price of admission.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Irmo -vs- Lexington is almost like Byrnes-Gaffney or Dorman-Spartanburg when it comes to "the love"

Irmo -vs- Dutch Fork, for reasons stated above

Irmo -vs- North Augusta (at this time) could go a long way in determining Seedings in both brackets.

Irmo -vs- Spring Valley Don't know what Spring Valley lost from last season, but they did have a great year

Irmo -vs- Northwestern, you know all about Northwestern so you know what you get there...

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

You could also be a free agent and visit the best games in the area each week... something that I've always thought was a great idea. I've actually done it the past few years {one game a year}. I've been to Beaufort, Boiling Springs, Gaffney, and a couple of others and I sat on the home side with someone from the home team.

Irmo one week, Dutch Fork another, and I would surely want to see River Bluff's new stadium { I hear it is amazing }

Spring Valley stadium is a good place to see a game.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

IndianFan09
Gaffney Indians

Post by IndianFan09 »

Yeah I'm definitely taking on a bit of a free agent role this year because driving 2 hours every weekend just isn't going to happen.

Seems like there are a lot of good options. I'm going to have to reconcile these with the USC schedule and the band schedule(GHS BOG) and see what dates work win.

Right now the toughest weekend to make work is the weekend of the Gaffney v. Spartanburg game and the USC v. Georgia game. Might be doing some driving to make that work.

I plan to see at least one Dutch Fork game. I've gotta see Matt Coburn in person.