Wren to Rabun Gap

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Milkyway3497
No Team Affiliation

Wren to Rabun Gap

Post by Milkyway3497 »

Genuine question, what’s up with the Wren to Rabun Gap pipeline? They had Trey Horne and Gavin Owens transfer there a while back and they are good players, but now I see more role players from Wren transferring there. How did that come about?

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Re: Wren to Rabun Gap

Post by Greerfan1 »

I've noticed that as well, is it the ability to reclass that attracts them?

HoodRoad
Powdersville Patriots

Re: Wren to Rabun Gap

Post by HoodRoad »

Milkyway3497 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:49 pm
Genuine question, what’s up with the Wren to Rabun Gap pipeline? They had Trey Horne and Gavin Owens transfer there a while back and they are good players, but now I see more role players from Wren transferring there. How did that come about?
Trey Horne was QB at Hanna running the misdirection. He's an athlete. He came to Wren and got the nod over a kid that grew up in the Wren system and was next in line. Tate did him like he did another QB in the class before, passed him over for a transfer. Back to Horne, he was a horrible QB in Tate's system so they moved him to WR and DB. Enter Owens into the mix. He was automatically crowned the next best thing because of his older brother, Joe, another transfer to Wren an few seasons earlier. They put a lot of pressure on him and at the time he wasn't that good. He's a tall kid. I assume he's gotten better. One of the other players to transfer, Patrick, a really good DB is related to Owens, hence his transfer. The final transfer that I know of is the Willingham kid. He's an athlete.

I think they saw the writing on the wall with Tate's time at Wren. Not sure what went down but Owens and Patrick announced their transfer during the dead period after they'd gone through spring and some summer workouts at Wren. Idk, they're all good kids and really good athletes. Horne probably has the most potential but I think the best of them is probably Patrick.

BTW...The kid that got passed over for Horne and Owens went on to have a really good career at Daniel, Blaine Simons.