HAPPY THANKSGIVING YALL……

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING YALL……

Post by SF Band dad »

DeCav wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:38 pm
Happy Thanksgiving Newcat!
For some reason, whatching that video made me remember the "Swamp Talk" internet radio show those Goose Creek Tators used to do every week. :lol:

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Newcatntown wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:17 am
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here at SC PREPTALK!!

I am thankful for EHS MEANGREEN who does a tremendous amount of work for US….the readers/posters to vent, rant , poke fun and maybe even talk football!!

Lets here what your thankful for and I want to wish every team the best of luck tomorrow and safe travels for all the fans!🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃
Well here it goes...

I'm thankful that I and the missus are still happily married after 21 years and thankful that we celebrated turkey day the best way I can think of before even starting to cook the food!

I'm thankful to live in America where my family always has the means to eat a full meal every day no matter how tight times get. I can't say that for all of my friends around the world even though they're thankful for a lot less than we take for granted every day.

I'm actually thankful for Facebook if you can believe that! Without it I'd have NO idea about what some of the people in Europe are going through. As such I'm able to chat with them and follow what they're going through.

Translation:
"I had a rough day. There was no light at work from 11 o'clock. They worked by candlelight, but people were served. At 17.00 I went home, saw my mother off, too, without electricity. And there was no mobile connection either. But this is nonsense compared to how our boy warriors feel.
One positive thing is that she was playing "words" with her granddaughter in the dark."

And you can't moderate me for bringing up politics. I am thankful today that this person isn't one of the thousands who lives in apartment buildings that get hit with guided rockets. Maybe next year during Easter, the world's only Easter egg museum in western Ukraine will still exist but I'm not holding out much hope. I'm thankful today though that works of art like this haven't yet been bombed out of existence by the country that states in no uncertain terms that America is their #1 enemy in the world...

I'm thankful for all the dorks in my family!

I'm thankful for my brilliantly successful son.
ImageImageImageImage

I'm thankful that for 33 years I had the best friend God has ever had the grace to bestow to anyone!
ImageImage

I'm thankful for my Godson and my Goddaughter!
I'm thankful that my children's best friends are my best friend's children.

I'm thankful that my best friend's family is now going on a third generation of Stubbs/Plemmons friendship!
This is a picture of my brother's grandchildren hanging out with Chuck's brother's grandchild.

I'm thankful for the fact that people I met 12 years ago are still my good friends to this day and stuck with me through the worst times of my life and definitely my worst behavior.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I'm thankful for Dave Pickren and Ed Overstreet for founding PalmettoFootballTalk.

I'm thankful for Jack, Rueben, and Ken for starting this site when they realized how rotten and obscene the other one was.

I'm thankful for the moderators for letting all us rotten and obscene posters have accounts on this site.

I'm thankful that one single football game wiped the board clean of one of the rotten, obscene posters. :lol:

I'm thankful that I can post the truth here, usually. Well, sometimes.

How's that Matt! I'm thankful for much more than that but it's all I have time to put together for this Thanksgiving.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

SF Band dad wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:53 pm
DeCav wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:38 pm
Happy Thanksgiving Newcat!
For some reason, whatching that video made me remember the "Swamp Talk" internet radio show those Goose Creek Tators used to do every week. :lol:
I hate to say it but the best episode was the night they got knocked out of the playoffs by South Pointe.

GatorFan drank a whole bottle of wine that night. Man I was rolling on the floor laughing even though I felt bad for those guys!

You remember the "Mayor Of Goose Creek"?

I think the only thing he ever said every episode was, "They're gonna have to tighten up their chinstraps!"
Last edited by DeCav on Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

need to add a 'like' button to the board

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

bringthewood wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:50 pm
need to add a 'like' button to the board

Just hit the quote button and copy the image code. It's simple enough until they add Facebook integration which I'm not sure is a thing.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on here!!!! I hope that everyone got to spend time with their family and friends and got their tummy's filled with yummy food. I had a great Thanksgiving and am so thankful that My Beaufort Eagles Football Team gets to play another game this weekend!!!!

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:22 pm
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on here!!!! I hope that everyone got to spend time with their family and friends and got their tummy's filled with yummy food. I had a great Thanksgiving and am so thankful that My Beaufort Eagles Football Team gets to play another game this weekend!!!!

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Tomorrow, right? What time?

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

bringthewood wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:26 am
YES! A thousand times YES! As I had said before, EHS MEANGREEN has parlayed this community forward and he should be commended for taking up the yoke. I hope and pray someone else will be ready and willing to take the helm when he is ready to retire. I guess this is about the 4th reiteration of the board I have been on.

And to all who love high school football, I am thankful for your love of the game and I hope God blesses each and everyone in a great and might way this special season.

High school football is a token sample of what makes America so GREAT! Hard work equals success, in some way or form. Discipline means finding success when the chips are down. Loyalty is rewarded with love for one another. Working together builds communities. The manly arts builds strong families. The successful are rewarded and the less successful are forced to work to find a better way.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Great pic! I see me (Marvin). I LOVE that he's angry and plotting while playing with a molecular model set! :lol:
I see you (Sylvester).
I see SLICK (T-Devil).
Let's just say Daffy Duck represents all the Byrnes fans. :lol:
I guess Tweety would be BEF.
Bugs is either Mikey or Newcat. They're both just as cool as each other.
Maybe Porky is Jack serving up all the great content?
I don't see Ddub anywhere. But that makes perfect sense! :lol:
Wait! Oh, yeah he's waiting to get carved up in the center of the table.