LET'S ALL GET BEHIND THIS

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: LET'S ALL GET BEHIND THIS

Post by CITYSLICKER »

vamp, i am in pain for him, I see no improvement so far but 30 days maybe, I am trying to hurry the help. you are never ready to deal with cancer till it happens to your family or son , i pray he keeps fighting, sad looks in his eyes. its 24/7, no relief.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

lets hope sean's smile will come back and he has a beautiful day again soon, treatment 6 is near for him. love yall's heart for him and me.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:24 am
lets hope sean's smile will come back and he has a beautiful day again soon, treatment 6 is near for him. love yall's heart for him and me.

Slick, I, for one, appreciate the daily updates. I look forward to them. I say this, because, with my niece, I remember wandering if people really cared enough to want to hear about it. Let me assure you, most people do. Sadly, as men, we often don't share our feelings.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Slick, I know that little pieces of you are dying every day. No parent should have to see their children suffer. I cannot read your updates each day without thinking of my daughter and trying to imagine what you are going through. My heart is aching for Sean, but more so for you and your wife. I am impressed with your strength and your attitude. Please know that you are projecting exemplary courage, and have become a shining example of human resilience. You make a really fine hero.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

Well at 4:30 am-he sent voice messages to his mama, he was concerned for us driving him every day, i went to move in center lane coming back yesterday and a car behind me did too, he blew his horn and i came back in my lane, it was not a big deal, but it worried him, that we could get hurt driving him, so at 4:30 he was awake, he left messages speaking just as good as me and you, saying we needed to move slower he didn't want us to suffer because of him in a wreck,so his meds are affecting his talking too, when we left at 1 pm today,he got in and was more aware, but soon asked for the med that eases his pain and worry. he dipped one time, but didn't fall, but after radiation, he had to go see the neurologist, he finally fell to his knees and scrapped his knee, so they are going to try and set his radiation for earlier, before he runs down, we headed home, he was hungry so i stopped by McDonalds and got him a platter of fried and two regular cheeseburgers, he gobbled them down, when we got home, he is big boy, i let him lean on me and his legs were still not solid, got him in and had soon good and bad in the day, he definitely will need a wheel chair till he gets his strength back. tomorrow I was supposed to go get my second covid shot from musc but they cancelled me till Friday the 19th, so his wife was going to take him tomorrow since I had to get shot and she still is going to do it, so no perch on the top of the parkig garage tomorrow for radiation no. 7 on Friday, 23 more, i honestly will miss the trip with him Friday and surely wonder and worry is he ok. that's what daddies and mamas do. no hero here just wanting my baby to survive and thrive

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:34 pm
Well at 4:30 am-he sent voice messages to his mama, he was concerned for us driving him every day, i went to move in center lane coming back yesterday and a car behind me did too, he blew his horn and i came back in my lane, it was not a big deal, but it worried him, that we could get hurt driving him, so at 4:30 he was awake, he left messages speaking just as good as me and you, saying we needed to move slower he didn't want us to suffer because of him in a wreck,so his meds are affecting his talking too, when we left at 1 pm today,he got in and was more aware, but soon asked for the med that eases his pain and worry. he dipped one time, but didn't fall, but after radiation, he had to go see the neurologist, he finally fell to his knees and scrapped his knee, so they are going to try and set his radiation for earlier, before he runs down, we headed home, he was hungry so i stopped by McDonalds and got him a platter of fried and two regular cheeseburgers, he gobbled them down, when we got home, he is big boy, i let him lean on me and his legs were still not solid, got him in and had soon good and bad in the day, he definitely will need a wheel chair till he gets his strength back. tomorrow I was supposed to go get my second covid shot from musc but they cancelled me till Friday the 19th, so his wife was going to take him tomorrow since I had to get shot and she still is going to do it, so no perch on the top of the parkig garage tomorrow for radiation no. 7 on Friday, 23 more, i honestly will miss the trip with him Friday and surely wonder and worry is he ok. that's what daddies and mamas do. no hero here just wanting my baby to survive and thrive

Glad to hear he still has a good appetite. Years ago, my grandmother was getting chemo. On the days of her treatments, she'd only eat a KFC pot pie. I noticed on the sign the other day that they're on sale for $2.99 now. It brought back some great memories. She passed back in '97. I don't recall what they cost then.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

rooftop pics today, thursday
thursday2.jpg
thursday2.jpg (119.5 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
thursday1.jpg

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Well, I'm not the first that thought about it I'm sure but I'll go ahead and say what a couple people have been thinking. What about marijuana?

I've had a couple of friends who passed away from brain cancer. Wrote about my friend Jeff back in 2012 I think. My mom was a homebound teacher for Dorman going around and tutoring kids who were too sick or disabled to go to school.

One of her students was a 9th grader who had terminal cancer. It's how she got fired. She was trying her best to teach him and he was trying his best to learn but he just wasn't passing the tests she was required to give him. He was so deflated the first few times she had to give an F on a test he took that it broke her heart. She'd come home crying. She started changing his answers so and marking wrong questions right which really gave him hope and and a sense of accomplishment.

His parents found out what she was doing and complained to the administration and they fired her. A couple years later he died from his illness. I still remember her crying for days even though she wasn't his teacher anymore. I guess I understand the parents complaining. Maybe they thought she wasn't a good teacher. It wasnt what I ever heard from any kids she substitute teached for. I don't hold it against the parents but I do hold it against Dorman for handling it the way they did. They could disciplined her while letting her keep her job. She did the wrong thing for the right reasons.

You're right SLICK. I won't be ready for anything like that. Really, I'm not prepared to lose my son or my wife. Can't even say whether I'd have rather lost my buddy Chuck through cancer or suicide. One is quick and not painless. The other is not quick and not painless.

I hate to say it, really I do. But your whole life has led up to this. To be strong and to be the pillar and foundation that your family needs in a crisis, your son, your wife, your son's family. Everyone in your circle needs a hero. I know you need one too and God willing, there's a doctor or special person who can be the hero. But in the absence of anyone else it'll have to be you. I have faith in you. I believe that whatever happens, it will be your finest hour and you'll be able to carry this cross. I don't know how and wouldn't pretend to know. When my mom died, it was my dad who was the hero. All those years as an alcoholic and unfaithful husband and grouchy, prickly father melted away when his family needed him the most.

I was a grown man when she passed of a heart attack. I might as well have been a helpless baby.

I ain't going to bullshit and say "You got this." Cause I don't know what "this" is. Only you and your family have this experience to suffer through. I dunno man. Maybe you're already the hero to them day to day and sharing most of your pain with us. I just have no clue. All I can say is as his father somehow it's up to you to find a way through it and not make it any more worse for your son than it already is and God knows it's awful and it's tragic.

I'm hoping in addition to worrying about his own health that he doesn't also have to contend with worrying about you.

There's a song about a person who is in your son's situation. The song was written by his own son about what his father was going through.

Take away my pain
Leave the cold outside
Please don't let it rain
Don't stumble on my pride

I think if it were my boy, I'd read to him. I'd find a book he really likes or one that he might like and read it to him. I dunno man.

God Bless.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

thanks vamp, you have unique thoughts on life and love, love you brother, we do what it is inside us to do. everyone is different.

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

treatment no.7, today, was supposed to go and take my second covid shot, but musc doesn't have the shots to do today, so they changed me to next Friday the 19th and changed the amount of days between them to up to 45 days now. so his wife is taking him anyway but might as well, will be here worrying till he arrives back, yall have a great Friday, thanks slick