Gaffney vs Spartanburg 10/30

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
osceola1
Gaffney Indians

Gaffney vs Spartanburg 10/30

Post by osceola1 »

has been CANCELLED (?)

With Riverside’s positive COVID today, this Friday’s Riverside/Spartanburg game has been rescheduled to Oct 30, the same date Gaffney was set to play Spartanburg.

They may try to reschedule for Nov. 6 now that Gaffney has that date open, but possibly not as well.

Only time will tell. As for now, the remaining Gaffney schedule is:

10/16 - Clover
10/23 - @ Fort Mill
10/30 - OPEN
11/6 - OPEN
Founder of @Gaffney_History on Twitter.

Unofficial, official, Gaffney Football Historian

SLICK#63
Berkeley Stags

Re: Gaffney vs Spartanburg 10/30

Post by SLICK#63 »

awww man just was bout to come wish yall good luck BUMMER

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I have heard from another poster and a pretty good friend and reliable source that we are looking at trying to schedule Northwestern and then a bye into the playoffs to get ready for the loser of the Dorman vs Byrnes game in round 1

osceola1
Gaffney Indians

Post by osceola1 »

I have heard the same, not to mention Dan Jones mentioned the exact same thing on Tribe Talk last night (didn't mention dates, just that they were looking into scheduling Northwestern if they could one of those last weeks). Gotta remember with that comment though, that coach Jones had just stepped off the practice field and hadn't had much of a chance to look into schedules. .... BUT Northwestern's region game against Spring Valley last week got moved to Oct. 30 due to SV having COVID positive.

IF a game with NW got lined up, I would imagine seeing it being played on Nov. 6 (the week before playoffs) because those Region games take precedent this year. NW has a game against South Aiken on Nov. 6 that I could see them trying to pull out of because of the travel distance and all. But I don't see the Oct. 30 game happening because they have that region game now that will take precedent.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Yea that makes sense and i was just throwing out there a possible game. I think we need to try and grab 2 games that way we can have a couple of more games to hammer everything down and get the work in to get better, and then I think about the injuries we have and I think a week off would be a pretty good thing to get them healed up and ready to make a push for the playoffs

osceola1
Gaffney Indians

Post by osceola1 »

I agree. I hate bye weeks going into the playoffs. If we used Oct. 30 as a BYE and had a game Nov. 6 then I'd like that better, but I'd really rather see us try to get two games there, just to give us a little more experience since we only have 7 regular season chances this year.

But I guess we will see.

WRHIRadio
WRHI Radio - OTS Sports Network AM:1340 FM:94.3

Post by WRHIRadio »

osceola1 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:34 am
I have heard the same, not to mention Dan Jones mentioned the exact same thing on Tribe Talk last night (didn't mention dates, just that they were looking into scheduling Northwestern if they could one of those last weeks). Gotta remember with that comment though, that coach Jones had just stepped off the practice field and hadn't had much of a chance to look into schedules. .... BUT Northwestern's region game against Spring Valley last week got moved to Oct. 30 due to SV having COVID positive.

IF a game with NW got lined up, I would imagine seeing it being played on Nov. 6 (the week before playoffs) because those Region games take precedent this year. NW has a game against South Aiken on Nov. 6 that I could see them trying to pull out of because of the travel distance and all. But I don't see the Oct. 30 game happening because they have that region game now that will take precedent.
The Northwestern vs. South Aiken game (scheduled for 11/5) was cancelled due to COVID related schedule issues for South Aiken. Northwestern now has an open week that week. That is scheduled to be a home game, so it would have to be played on Thursday night as Rock Hill vs. South Pointe is scheduled for Friday Night November 6th at District Three Stadium. Since Northwestern only has 2 home games on their schedule (Rock Hill, next week and Spring Valley on the 30th), I would imagine that Trojans would want a home game for any opponent that final week of the season.

osceola1
Gaffney Indians

Post by osceola1 »

WRHIRadio wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:02 pm
osceola1 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:34 am

The Northwestern vs. South Aiken game (scheduled for 11/5) was cancelled due to COVID related schedule issues for South Aiken. Northwestern now has an open week that week. That is scheduled to be a home game, so it would have to be played on Thursday night as Rock Hill vs. South Pointe is scheduled for Friday Night November 6th at District Three Stadium. Since Northwestern only has 2 home games on their schedule (Rock Hill, next week and Spring Valley on the 30th), I would imagine that Trojans would want a home game for any opponent that final week of the season.
Ah, good info to know. I had not seen that the South Aiken game was cancelled, but knew if either week was going to work for Northwestern that it would have to be that week (Nov. 6/5) because of the Spring Valley region game taking precedent on Oct. 30. Hopefully they can get something worked out to have this game. Would hate for the Indians to only end up with 5 games this season, but of course, we all know that this year is a fluid year and anything can happen at any time.

Thanks for the info on the SA game, though!