3A Final - Dillon vs Chapman - Williams Brice - 7 Dec 3PM

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

Re: 3A Final - Dillon vs Chapman - Williams Brice - 7 Dec 3P

Post by All We Do Is Win »

Huck2284 wrote:Having played football for Chapman and attended at least 75% of all games in the last 15 years I will have to say that this is definitely the most balanced and we'll rounded team that Chapman has ever had . Although I feel like the 2017 team was just as explosive offensively minus a slower running back in D.J. Twitty, tho he was bigger and stronger than Dante Smith but QB Colten Bailey offset that
Wish this years Chapman team could of played the 2015 Dillon team. Both teams were stout, think Dillon wins by 17 or more though. Offense stacked with a killer defense. Had 8 guys play D1 ball from that team

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

Yeah, alot of people wish their best team of all time could continue playing every year:p

All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

Onion Rings wrote:Yeah, alot of people wish their best team of all time could continue playing every year:p
Yeah, a lot of people wish their teams could play for 11 state titles in the last 12 years..but they can’t :mrgreen:

nastycats1988
Dillon Wildcats

Post by nastycats1988 »

:lol: :lol: Man if we win ALOT of people have crow to eat!!! I have heard ALL week that Dillon stands no chance. Folks said Chapman will hang 60 on us. They just want to beat us BADLY. I am hearing that they actually want to embarrass us. This is their revenge game. You know what I say. Let’s play the game!

All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

nastycats1988 wrote::lol: :lol: Man if we win ALOT of people have crow to eat!!! I have heard ALL week that Dillon stands no chance. Folks said Chapman will hang 60 on us. They just want to beat us BADLY. I am hearing that they actually want to embarrass us. This is their revenge game. You know what I say. Let’s play the game!
Im sure not betting on this one :lol: Chapman is the real deal this year forsure. Difference last time when everyone said they were unstoppable was we had a good defense, and dominated the line of scrimmage

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

nastycats1988 wrote: I am hearing that they actually want to embarrass us. This is their revenge game.
They got their revenge.
Chapman 44 Dillon 14

2017 3A State Title
Dillon 55 Chapman 27

The reigning defending National Champion Clemson Tigers annihilating Virginia 62 -17 took some of the disappointment out of losing State.
It's not like Dillon doesn't have a bevy of State Titles.
likeitRnot wrote: you are the standard
Well, he is correct.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I will say this with the young players that Dillon has boy yall will be hell for atleast 4 more years and will be back in Columbia for that long as well future is bright I Dillon and will continue to be bright from the way things looked. What about the coach though how long does he stay around and who might replace him when he says I'm done

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Chapman pounds Dillon to capture 3A crown
“You want to be able to beat a great program and great team, and there’s none better than Coach (Jackie) Hayes and Dillon. Coach Hayes was one of the first to congratulate (quarterback) Mikele (Colasurdo) yesterday (on winning the Gatorade state player of the year) and has been nothing but first class to us.”
https://www.goupstate.com/sports/201912 ... e-3a-crown

Chapman’s win redemption for Mikele Colasurdo
He walked off the field against Dillon on Saturday embracing teammates and opponents alike, stopping to speak with Dillon players as they sought him out. He answered some questions as he walked toward the Chapman sideline, and the mob of teammates and 3A state championship trophy waiting there.

Colasurdo’s efficient, relentless performance in Saturday’s title game spurred Chapman to a 44-14 victory over Dillon and the school’s second state title. He threw for 219 yards and a pair of touchdowns, the first a backbreaker at the end of the first half that removed what fight Dillon had left. He rushed for another, a run that put the Panthers up 14-0 early and helped to set the tone.

It was a far cry from his debut on the Williams-Brice turf two years ago, when Dillon harassed the Panthers’ backup signal-caller into a tough second half in a 55-27 loss following the loss of starter Colton Bailey to injury.
https://www.goupstate.com/sports/201912 ... -colasurdo

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Re: Dillon vs Chapman(official thread)

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

1 CAT FAN wrote:Dillon has been giving up way too many points, especially for a program that prides itself for defense. The "Nastycats" moniker just hasn't been there against good competition this year. Hopefully, the team will prove the critics wrong.
Well, my reverse psychology motivation didn't materialize in the State final.

Guess Dillon will have to lobby to move back down to 2A.
likeitRnot wrote: you are the standard
The 3A lower state is catching up.
Dillon 28 Wade Hampton 21
Dillon 41 Gilbert 34
Dillon 35 May River 28
nastycats1988 wrote: I am hearing that they actually want to embarrass us.
The 3A upper state has passed Dillon.
2019 state final Chapman 44 Dillon 14
2018 state final Chester 34 Dillon 28

Oops! Forgot about Aynor's defying history - Region Championship win.
Aynor 38 Dillon 30

Instead of scheduling a non conference out of state team for week 0, Dillon would benefit better from scheduling a few 3A upper state non conference teams. Then again, dropping down to 2A is an option.

Wildcat92
Dillon Wildcats

Post by Wildcat92 »

Why don’t you find another team to cheer for since you seem to be so negative about Dillon.All season long you have found all the negative stuff to talk about. I think what they have accomplished the last few years is phenomenal.They won it all three years ago in 3A but now you think they should drop back down to 2A. Why don’t you coach them if you can do better. With fair weather fans like you we don’t need any enemies. GEEZ !!!