VERY Preliminary 45 day count

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Re: VERY Preliminary 45 day count

Post by Colbyc36 »

upstateguy wrote:
STChamp 92 wrote:I've been told to ask where the source of these numbers are from because the previous SCHSL count has Gaffney at 2032 .. from what you have looks like Gaffney has lost 600 students... doubting they've lost that many.
The chair recognizes you're from Gaffney but please go back and try to read the very first sentence. Upon completion please tell me what you read in that first sentence.
Lol, ouch. I hate when that happens to me. It always leaves a mark.
I can see losing 600 to "Hey y'all watch this" scenarios out there in Gtown.
"We opened the door to everyone. Its over."
-Tom Knotts

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Gaffney High's number grades 9-11 is 1434.5

Gaffney High's number grades 9-12 is 1854.81

Not sure if Gaffney has to add any students from the Cherokee County Institute of Innovation or if they are already included? :?:
Student Data for Institute of Innovation currently doesn't load.

STChamp 92
Gaffney Indians

Post by STChamp 92 »

My bad, missed that part... So how do they determine the numbers for the next realignment.. why leave out the 12th graders? Do they add in 8th graders at combined schools?

STChamp 92
Gaffney Indians

Post by STChamp 92 »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:Gaffney High's number grades 9-11 is 1434.5

Gaffney High's number grades 9-12 is 1854.81

Not sure if Gaffney has to add any students from the Cherokee County Institute of Innovation or if they are already included? :?:
Student Data for Institute of Innovation currently doesn't load.
Cool, thanks, I will take this back to the constituents!

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

This is new in hopes to get a more accurate count for bubble schools. The senior class will be gone but will affect the next two years.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

From what I have heard, 40 may be the max number for 5A with less than 40 being the preferred route. ADM numbers to be released on Dec 2

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

What they are saying then is we need to split 5A like we had before.

viking4life
Emerald Vikings

Post by viking4life »

Greenwood will appeal and whine if they are 5A again.

upstateguy
No Team Affiliation

Post by upstateguy »

STChamp 92 wrote:My bad, missed that part... So how do they determine the numbers for the next realignment.. why leave out the 12th graders? Do they add in 8th graders at combined schools?
This new system was agreed upon last spring maybe??? The rational was / is that including current 12th graders to determine the next 2 years is not an accurate determinant.

8th graders are not considered because not ever high school in the state has a direct feeder middle school / junior high. Take Greenville County for example. 14 high schools PLUS 18 middle schools and I believe only 4 HS's have direct MS feeders.

STChamp 92
Gaffney Indians

Post by STChamp 92 »

upstateguy wrote:
STChamp 92 wrote:My bad, missed that part... So how do they determine the numbers for the next realignment.. why leave out the 12th graders? Do they add in 8th graders at combined schools?
This new system was agreed upon last spring maybe??? The rational was / is that including current 12th graders to determine the next 2 years is not an accurate determinant.

8th graders are not considered because not ever high school in the state has a direct feeder middle school / junior high. Take Greenville County for example. 14 high schools PLUS 18 middle schools and I believe only 4 HS's have direct MS feeders.
Gotcha, thanks for the info!