Realignment issues

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Jvegas843
Johnsonville Golden Flashes

Realignment issues

Post by Jvegas843 »

I just saw the realignment for high schools in SC. The school where I live(Johnsonville) will be having to move from A to AA. I understand that it is based on enrollment but how can you have Private schools such Christ Church and St. Joseph's and maybe some more be allowed to play with public schools. These private schools go out and recruit their talent so they can dominate the public schools. Below is just what these two PRIVATE schools has done the last 2 years vs public schools.
Christ Church runner in boys golf
St Joseph's won 5 Championships in boys golf, baseball, boys soccer, girls volleyball and girls tennis
Christ Church won football and runnerup in girls and boys cross country
St Joseph's won 5 championships . Won championships in volleyball, baseball,soccer and boys and girls cross country.
How can these schools be allowed to play with public schools??
Private schools who can recruit student athletes should not be allowed to play with public schools or the SCHSL should at least make them play up a class so there is fair competition.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: Realignment issues

Post by cavaliereagle »

Jvegas843 wrote:I just saw the realignment for high schools in SC. The school where I live(Johnsonville) will be having to move from A to AA. I understand that it is based on enrollment but how can you have Private schools such Christ Church and St. Joseph's and maybe some more be allowed to play with public schools. These private schools go out and recruit their talent so they can dominate the public schools. Below is just what these two PRIVATE schools has done the last 2 years vs public schools.
Christ Church runner in boys golf
St Joseph's won 5 Championships in boys golf, baseball, boys soccer, girls volleyball and girls tennis
Christ Church won football and runnerup in girls and boys cross country
St Joseph's won 5 championships . Won championships in volleyball, baseball,soccer and boys and girls cross country.
How can these schools be allowed to play with public schools??
Private schools who can recruit student athletes should not be allowed to play with public schools or the SCHSL should at least make them play up a class so there is fair competition.
Many of us have presented that same arguement over the years. They supposedly don't recruit. By the way, welcome to the board.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

Jvegas843

Post by Jvegas843 »

"They supposedly don't recruit"
I know better than that and I'm sure everyone else does too. That is everybody except the the SCHSL.

Absit
No Team Affiliation

Post by Absit »

Recruitment is illegal by the SCHSL. Having said that the rules that the public schools and private schools participating in the SCHSL are not exactly the same. A public school district can only have students within a defined school district whereas the private schools can draw from anywhere. If parents have the money to send their child to a private school, they can live anywhere. This gives the appearance of recruiting, whether it is there or not, I can not say.
A few private schools over the past few years have excelled in many sports obtaining numerous state championships. They can afford all of the necessary facilities, equipment and coaching staff to aid the athletic programs. This in itself makes the student athlete want to attend the private school to increase the chances of playing in the big game and perhaps giving the student more exposure to college programs. You can't blame the parent, the student or the school for these advantages. This does give the private school athletic program advantages over the small public school athletic programs.
This can only be addressed and corrected by the Athletic Directors and the SCHSL. The only way this can be rectified is to have the exact same set of rules for any school participating in the SCHSL.

Jvegas843

Post by Jvegas843 »

"This can only be addressed and corrected by the Athletic Directors and the SCHSL. The only way this can be rectified is to have the exact same set of rules for any school participating in the SCHSL."
WELL SAID-Absit. Now we need to inform the SCHSL this.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Forget about the private schools, I think you'll be in region 8 with Dillon. You need to ask your AD and Principal (members of SCHSL) why they allowed Dillon to sneak in under the 2A wire again. :lol:

Link to Realignment List and Maps

Jvegas843

Post by Jvegas843 »

Yea looks like we will be in Region with Dillon. And it will most likely be a rough couple of years for us. We will be the smallest 2A school with 443 kids and Dillon being the largest with 837 kids. And as far as the private schols. If the private schools wasn't playing with the public schools, we would still be in A.