Fort Dorchester will be state champs

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Wavefan70s
Summerville Green Wave

Fort Dorchester will be state champs

Post by Wavefan70s »

I will concede .dorman cannot stop the fort o.
As much as it sucks to say it.this is no offense to dorman in any fashion.it just the way I see it.I dunno if its bagwells ghost or the football gods.but every team is spitting the ball up when playing fort.

STChamp 92
Gaffney Indians

Re: Fort Dorchester will be state champs

Post by STChamp 92 »

I was talking to my wife... when was the last year a lower state team won the D1 4A? 2002? Was it Stratford over Dorman?

Wavefan70s
Summerville Green Wave

Post by Wavefan70s »

Not sure I was vomiting in my mouth as I posted I will look at pickeren s stuff and try to find out .

Wavefan70s
Summerville Green Wave

Post by Wavefan70s »

STChamp 92 wrote:I was talking to my wife... when was the last year a lower state team won the D1 4A? 2002? Was it Stratford over Dorman?
Yes it was Stratford.

STChamp 92
Gaffney Indians

Post by STChamp 92 »

lol.. well, at least it would end the Lower State drought.. Fort D is next up to bat.. that ought to make you vomit a lil less.

3timestatechamp
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by 3timestatechamp »

Is Byrnes & Spartnburgs still ranked ahead of the Fort?

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

STChamp 92 wrote:I was talking to my wife... when was the last year a lower state team won the D1 4A? 2002? Was it Stratford over Dorman?
Stratford in 1999

Sibilance
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by Sibilance »

3timestatechamp wrote:Is Byrnes & Spartnburgs still ranked ahead of the Fort?
I think it is obvious that those WRHI ratings aren't worth a feces. LEX>SPBRG, DOR>BYR. Rankings/ratings go out the window at playoff time.

More pressure on Dorman to keep upstate football on top. Especially after everything I have said

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I just still don't know what Dorman is up against with the Fort. I think even the Fort fans agree Dorman wins the check mark in the coaches column. We don't usually cough it up unless the Heimlich maneuver is being performed on us. Dorman caused two incredible turnovers last night. One interception and one fumble. So I know we are capable of stirring up some turnovers ourselves.

I will say this...all respect to Fort Dorchester this year! This particular fan isn't taking you lightly at all. We've gotten to state 5 times before. I'm as unsure as ever about our chances. But hell yes Dorman is good enough to pull this off.

I will be happy for the Fort fans if they win it all but I'm hoping for some more of that good 'ole Upstate Bias on the scoreboard.

Should be a good game and worthy of the prestige. Looking forward to hearing from Dfactor all week and also fortgrad00! What great fans!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

2002Patriot
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by 2002Patriot »

DeCav wrote:I just still don't know what Dorman is up against with the Fort. I think even the Fort fans agree Dorman wins the check mark in the coaches column. We don't usually cough it up unless the Heimlich maneuver is being performed on us. Dorman caused two incredible turnovers last night. One interception and one fumble. So I know we are capable of stirring up some turnovers ourselves.

I will say this...all respect to Fort Dorchester this year! This particular fan isn't taking you lightly at all. We've gotten to state 5 times before. I'm as unsure as ever about our chances. But hell yes Dorman is good enough to pull this off.

I will be happy for the Fort fans if they win it all but I'm hoping for some more of that good 'ole Upstate Bias on the scoreboard.

Should be a good game and worthy of the prestige. Looking forward to hearing from Dfactor all week and also fortgrad00! What great fans!
I have to say there was a part of me that doubted LaPrad, always will, but I was ecstatic that we won. I wouldn't have been surprised if we lost though. I will say I was pulling for Dorman over Byrnes because I'd rather lose to them than Byrnes....but I think we actually might pull this off....lol.

If we do hopefully we finally can get some respect from some in the upper state and even some in the lower state....lol